Welcome to “Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group” here at Life Beyond Hepatitis C. If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hep C Warrior, J.D. Worley shared an incredible nugget shedding a new light on how to handle fear and the ‘what if’s’ we can face with Hep C and liver disease.

“A friend of mine shared that a pastor had told him, the word IF is really an acronym I.F. which stands for I Fear.  So What IF stands for What I Fear.

Being human it’s hard to resist the what if’s. I know I’ve had more than my share of sleepless nights dealing with the What IF’s. So I know it’s difficult but I learned, God is able and he does not want me to Fear at all.  I became more at peace with my circumstances whatever they may be.”

As J.D. pointed back to God’s Word and reminds us there is no place we can go that God is not already there.

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.”  Psalm 139:7-8 NIV

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.”  Psalm 138:7

Jesus said, “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take Courage. I am here.”  Matthew 14:27 NLT

“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Peter 5:8-9 NIV

No matter how big the “what if’s” are with Hep C or liver disease, it’s not bigger than Christ. For Jesus has already gone ahead of us in our circumstances to prepare every detail. He is with us every step of the journey to get us through, no matter what. He just asks us to take His hand and trust, and move forward in faith and courage. “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10 NIV

Look over the shoulder of the bully of the “what if” in your life, and see Jesus. Jesus is the same God who moved the stone with resurrection power. And He still moves stones today!

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Deuteronomy 31:8

Can you relate to dealing with the “What If’s” with Hep C?

Bigger than Hep C

Facing Fear with Hepatitis C

Facing the Future with Hep C

1. Mike H February 9, 2018 at 9:10 am #

Good morning, Hep C Warriors!

Well, we certainly have a lot of snow up here in the Canadian prairie, but it’s all good. I like to call it ‘slow-release moisture’!
    Nice post this morning, Connie. I miss ol’ J.D. I remember his “Good morning Warriors and Warriorettes!”
    The ‘what if’ monster us one I deal with all the time. It really comes down to accepting God’s grace or living in fear doesn’t it?
    Today I will thank the Lord for that blessed assurance!
    Mike H

• Connie M February 9, 2018 at 10:41 am #

Hi Mike,
      Thanks for starting us off this morning. I always imagine how beautiful it is there in Canada. I like your thought of ‘slow-release moisture.’ That’s a good way to look at long term winter snow. It is moisture for sure.

I’m so with ya in relation to dealing with the ‘what if’s.’ We all deal with it.The enemy uses the same old tricks of fear to try to divert us and make us feel discouraged. We have to continue to see this has enemy encroachment and turn to God for help with courage and strength in spite of fear.

I am a book lover and the new book I’m reading right now is, “Courageous Living” Dare to take a stand, by Michael Catt. It’s an excellent book and he talks about what God’s word says about fear and how we’re to handle it. It’s an awesome call to action book that’s very inspiring because it’s based on God’s word. We as warriors in this life, always need to be reminded of who our God is and who we are in Him, and how He equips us to live.

I love it that we can come together each week and share with gut honesty while supporting one another through our journey. Thank you for being here. You are a blessing to us!

2. John February 9, 2018 at 9:51 am #

Good morning folks, it’s a beautiful day here on the Carolina coast.. I’m a little rushed here this morning were getting ready to serve lunch here at Hope Mission in Morehead City NC..it supports the underprivileged and poor as well as some others in the community and also 3 Christian based long term residential treatment homes for men and women and 2 shelters at no cost to the residents..praise God. I thought of two more acronyms for fear..face everything and recover. False evidence appearing real. I’ve got to run but all is well with me today as I hope it is with all of you guy’s. God bless…

• Connie M February 9, 2018 at 10:24 am #

Hi John P.,
      Thanks so much for sharing with us this morning. Congratulations for checking your first week of treatment off the calendar. Woo Hoo!!! You’re on your way into your second week. I’m so proud of you. The Hep C giant is going down!

Thanks for sharing about the mission. What great work is being done there. That’s awesome!! John, God is going to allow you to share your Hep C journey with others, perhaps even there at the mission and those that God brings into your path. You have a special opportunity to share His light of hope in what He’s doing in your life. Wow! You are a courageous man of steel John and a mighty Hep C warrior.

Thank you for sharing the other acronyms for fear, I really like both of those alot. Rich nuggets!

“With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.” Psalm 18:29 NIV

Advance and scale that wall my friend. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We’re continuing prayers and cheers for you every step of the way.

3. Suzanne February 9, 2018 at 10:16 am #

Hi Warriors,
    John, the NC coasts are always beautiful and go there about once a year. Connie, excellent post today. I had just read a piece of Max Lucado morning devotion and he too brought up fear. ” Prayer isn’t a privilege for the pious, nor the art of a chosen few. Prayer is simply a heartfelt conversation between God and His child. When we invite God into our world, He brings a host of gifts: joy, patience, and resilience. Anxieties come, but they don’t stick. Fears surface and then depart.. ” He always has something good to say.

I hobbled into the office this morning and awaiting a second opinion on a knee replacement. I received shot of cortisone but that has worn of so just dealing with the pain until my appointment. I am having a difficult time lying down but need to start learning how. I have a lot of reading to catch up on so this is a good time for that,

I hope everyone is doing well and remember God doesn’t put the spirit of fear in us.

In Christ

• Connie M February 9, 2018 at 10:52 am #

Thanks for sharing what’s going on. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. Did you have a fall, or it is wear and tear?
      We’re continuing to pray that God will lead you to the right second opinion and that He’ll show you what you need to do.
      I know it’s hard to stay off your feet. I totally relate. I’m not good at that either. I know you’re going to come through this stronger. My brother has had both knees replaced and has done well and can do more than ever expected.
      Knowing you, you’ll have this surgery, go through recovery and find your turbo tennis shoes in no time. You have a courageous spirit.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing. I’m keeping you close in prayer daily.

• Jose February 10, 2018 at 10:49 am #

God Bless Everyone!!

Hi Suzanne, I’m so sorry to hear about your knee problems. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless You.

• Connie M February 12, 2018 at 9:50 am #

Hi Jose,
        How are you doing this week? I hope you’re feeling better.
        We always love to hear from you.

I’m keeping you close in my prayers.

4. Richard s. February 9, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

Good morning warriors, a beautiful day in Southern California. Although I sometimes have fear, I realize that it comes not from God. The Lord is able to take are fear away. May all of you have a wonderful and healthy week ahead. Praise the only God, Jesus Christ. God Bless, Richard.

• Connie M February 10, 2018 at 9:50 am #

Thank you for sharing my friend. I imagine the temps are great out there right now. I always imagine you enjoying the beach and beautiful ocean. I hope you’re doing well today. We appreciate you.
      Keeping you in my prayers daily.

• John February 10, 2018 at 10:32 am #

Happy exhausted Saturday to everyone..well the weather here at the beach in eastern NC is yucky..rain,wind and around 60° and I feel it my back and joints. And the Harvoni has me run down..but that’s ok, there are others who are much worse off than me. Hope everyone has a great weekend

• Connie M February 12, 2018 at 9:49 am #

Hi John,
          Thanks for letting us know how you’re feeling. Fatigue is the number one side effect of all treatments. Take those rest stops often and drink lots of pure water throughout your treatment and recovery. This will help your body.

I am personally looking forward to spring, and more sunshine as well as some warmer temps. Each season holds it’s own special beauty but being from Texas, I enjoy warmer temps than what we’ve had lately. But before we know it, it will be spring. And with spring, you will have completed your treatment.

Thinking & praying for you as you dive into your 2nd week of treatment.