Welcome to “Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group” here at Life Beyond Hepatitis C. If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Are thoughts of the future with Hep C bothering you?  Hep C patients have great hope in facing the future with Hep C in so many ways.  With faith and trust we place in God, our future is safe in His hands.  We also have hope in improved Hep C treatment with higher cure rates than ever before.  God is at work in immeasurable ways.

Do you feel like you are wrestling with something bigger than you are?

Remember this, Hep C lives with you, you don’t live with it! When we give an inch to doubt and worry, they take a mile and wreck havoc in our lives.  Fear threatens to take control of our thoughts and leave us with the anxiety of the future.

No matter what we face with Hep C, it is NOT bigger than Jesus.   A great promise from Christ himself insures us He is with us always.  There is nothing we can face, nothing too big, no place so far, no place so dark that Jesus is not right there with us the whole way through.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is within us.”  Ephesians 3:20 NIV

Max Lucado states in his book, Great Day Every Day, “the presence of fear does not mean you have no faith.  Fear visits everyone. But make your fear a visitor and not a resident.  Mark this down: you will never go where God is not.

Jesus said, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 NIV

With Christ there is always hope.  He is the God of the impossible.

“For nothing is impossible with God.”  Luke 1:37 NIV

We can face the future with Hep C. Put Fear in its place until there is nothing left but Faith.

Take hold of God’s promise and grip the strength of His hand.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  Isaiah 41:10 NIV

Lord Jesus, I want to follow your example. You faced the cross. I face Hep C. I want to face my fears with the same kind of faith. With you, my future is safe in your hands.  When I face the unknown today, things I don’t understand, may you remind me my hope is anchored to you and your presence is with me.  I choose today to not allow my emotions to be in control, but to be dwell on who you are, knowing you are with me always.  In Jesus name I ask and pray.  Amen.

Facing the What If’s with Hepatitis C and Liver Disease

Hep C Battle; Conquering Fear

Living Beyond Hepatitis C; Envelope of Faith

1. Richard s. February 2, 2018 at 8:43 am #

Good morning Connie and all the warriors. I finally got a pad that works. I hope everyone is feeling good today. Connie speaks the truth. Our hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ. All blessings come from Him. We are so blessed to have medicine that works, but moreover, has few side effects. The days of interferon are gone.Lord Jesus has taken away the fear of death. God bless you all with good health. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M February 2, 2018 at 10:31 am #

Thank you for sharing this morning. It is a blessing indeed to have so many improved treatments today. In 1995 there was “1” treatment, no cure, very harsh side effects and a year length of treatment time. Today we have “10” treatment options, very high cure rate, a cure, low side effects, and very short treatment time of 8 to 12 weeks. The days of treatment with Interferon are no longer, and few with Ribavirin. Plus more new treatments are in clinical trials and in the works.

Our continued prayer is for everyone to get tested, seek treatment and get cured. And our prayer is treatment to be available to everyone across the globe so Hep C can one day be totally eliminated. This can be done.

Every patient who receives the cure represents a closer victory to eliminate Hep C.

Thank you for always sharing your experience and encouraging others. You rock!

2. Suzanne February 2, 2018 at 9:37 am #

Good Morning Richard, Connie and fellow warriors,

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord. Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. – Psalm 27:5-7 How merciful our Lord is. I needed some scripture to lift me up this morning and God always leads me to the passage I needed to hear.

Connie, all of us dealt with fear somewhat when we were diagnosed and beginning our treatment, the fear of the unknown. I finally got to the point where I could replace that bit of fear and turned it into faith. You are right Richard the new drugs are what we needed back when interferon ‘torched” our bodies. The people getting ready to start treatment now have little side effects and a high rate of being cured.

God Bless you

• Connie M February 2, 2018 at 10:35 am #

Thank you for sharing this morning from Psalm 27. Love those scriptures, very uplifting.
      How are you feeling? What is the status of any upcoming procedures? You had mentioned a couple weeks ago that you might have to have some surgery? Are they still looking at that?

I’m keeping you close in my prayers always. Thank you for sharing great encouragement and inspiration. You are such a gift to us.

3. John February 2, 2018 at 9:38 am #

Good Morning and Happy Friday to all, Well God sure enough has blessed me this week as he has for many months and years now. I finally received my Harvoni prescription on Wednesday and took my first dose Thursday morning at 7:30.All is well with me today, I was experiencing a little guilt and pain when I opened the envelope and held the bottle in my hand. I lost my older brother from complications of Hepatitis C and alcoholism in 2000..and it hit me hard had this medication had been around then he might still be. But I suppose That’s just a normal emotion to feel this way and it made me aware that I still have a little unresolved guilt to work on. Anyway God has just continued to pour out his blessings in my life.. I’ve had some other doors open for me this week that were seemingly sealed shut that are potentially life changing..more will be revealed I hope everyone has a beautiful day and continues to heal… God Bless

• Connie M February 2, 2018 at 10:47 am #

Hi John P.,
      I am so thrilled you started your treatment this week. Thursday is your mile marker day. Feb 1st was a great day to start treatment. You will remember that day always.

I’m so sorry you lost your brother to Hep C. I know many who have lost loved ones to Hep C. I know your brother would be very happy you are doing treatment and defeating the Hep C giant. Your life is very special in great ways and enriched because of Christ and loved ones you’ve had in your life. Defeating Hep C is gift even to them because you honor God and you honor them. The love we have even for loved ones we have lost, never dies. Love and honor live forever. I know your brother would be proud of you John.

I appreciate your sharing your journey with us. You are special to us and we care about you.
      We’re looking forward to hearing how you’re doing. We’re keeping you close in our prayers and cheering for you every step of the way.

Remember, “Over the lips, through the gums, look out Hep C virus, here it comes!”

• Mike H February 2, 2018 at 6:43 pm #

That is great news John! I too treated with Harvoni- what a blessing it is. I am sorry that your brother didn’t have the opportunity we did, but a I agree with Connie that your brother would be cheering you on.
      Mike H

4. Connie M February 2, 2018 at 10:54 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    Thanks to those who have shared this morning. We hope to hear from more of you today and throughout the weekend. In today’s devotional we highlighted a topic that is common to all of us, fear. I love the nugget from Max Lucado when he stated this truth, “You will never go where God is not.” That is huge to remember in whatever we are up against today.

I have been praying for each of you. Let us know how you’re doing and how we can be praying and supporting you.

Each of you are so special and make this world a brighter place.

Blessings my friends,

5. Roberta February 4, 2018 at 10:36 am #

Good morning warriors, im looking out my window, northern ind. is getting some snow, this is our second really mild winter weather year i ever saw. I want to say May Jesus put his merciful arms around everyone and give a big hug of joy, hope and peace.
    Connie the song holding on to me
    Bellevue church, so touching and beautiful thank you.I would like to give a song to check out called Revelation Song, many versions i listened on utube… Its awesome..
    God bless everyone. Roberta

6. Richard s. February 4, 2018 at 11:13 am #

Roberta, my two favorite songs are Revelation by Keri Jobe and Oceans by Tanya Smith. It is in the 80s in California. Beautiful weather but we do have earthquakes. In Christ, Richard.

• Roberta February 4, 2018 at 7:27 pm #

Awesome, Richard im gonna listen to the Oceans one. Keri
      Jobe is the one i like, rocks out some at close to ending, thumbs up, Roberta
      Its great song…