~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I began my preparation and treatment for Hep C I clung to solid promises from Gods Word, “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze.”  Isaiah 43:1-2

“I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:19b

I clung to the promise that God was actively at work, FOR ME!  I’d like to remind you of the same, God is at work, right now FOR YOU!

Jesus said himself, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”  John 5:17

Max Lucado shares in his book, Fearless, “You will never face the future without God’s help.  You have a travel companion.  When you place your faith in Christ, Christ places his Spirit before, behind, and within you.  Not a strange spirit, but the same spirit.

As Jesus sends you into new seasons, he sends his counselor to go with you.  God never sends you out alone.  Are you on the eve of change? Do you find yourself looking into a new chapter?  Is the foliage of your world showing signs of a new season?  Heaven’s message for you is clear: when everything else changes, God’s presence never does! You journey in the company of the Holy Spirit.”

How about you, where are you in your journey with Hep C?

Hepatitis C, No Matter What Stage, There’s No Place He’s Not

15 Steps to Recovery from Hepatitis C Treatment

Beginning Treatment for Hepatitis C: Armor Up

1. Richard s. January 12, 2018 at 4:44 am #

Good evening warriors, it is 2:30 am in California. I cant sleep. It seems I drank too much milk before I went to sleep. My throat seems to be burning. Praise the Lord that I dont need to take previcid anymore. I stopped that after my transplant. I took it for approx.ten years if I remember correctly. Connie, speaks the truth. The Lord Jesus Christ is always there for His faithful believers. Without Him I could never have made it through the years of interferon or liver cancer. I am unworthy to kiss my Lords feet. Praise be to the one and only God Jesus Christ. God bless you my brothers and sisters with good health, Richard.

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 11:21 am #

Thanks for sharing. I understand about having some sleepless nights. Mr. Fix-It says my brain doesn’t turn off, LOL! I normally do sleep fine but I am a light sleeper. I hope this resolves for you and that you’ll be able to sleep well tonight.

That is great that you don’t have to take previcid anymore! Yay!! That is wonderful.

You’ve certainly come through a lot with Hep C, hemophilia, liver cancer and liver transplant. It’s no coincidence that you’re here with us now encouraging others. You are a great Hero and a gift to all of us.

I hope you have a restful and peaceful day.

2. Suzanne January 12, 2018 at 8:41 am #

Good Morning Richard and fellow warriors,
    I had my 95th Endoscopy (just kidding) seems like it though because my food isn’t getting from point A to B. The biopsies were clear, PTL and no ascites, PTL. I would appreciate any input if others have been through this. Next they will do an esophageal manometry; all of these comfortable procedures. They will run a tube down my nose and look from a different angle. I am just thankful that isn’t anything earthshaking.

I hope everyone is doing well especially our latest recipient of a new liver. There was a 2 page article in the paper on transplants primarily in NC but also throughout the US it seemed as though the Mayo in Jacksonville FL had the lowest mortality rate when it came to livers.

“Things look up when you look to the Lord.”

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 11:39 am #

I’m sure you certainly feel like you’ve had “95” endoscopies. I am keeping you close in my heart and prayers for the resolve to this issue and for the procedure ahead. I know you will be glad when it’s over with. I pray by the time the weather warms up and spring blooms into season, you’ll be fit as a fiddle and ready to enjoy gardening that I know you love to do.

I know you have an excellent medical team there. Please keep us posted on when you’re having the procedure. We will continue prayers for you and especially on that day. Try to visualize all of us around you praying, cheering and supporting you. Though we are not there physically, we are there in spirit and most importantly the Lord is there too. We love you dear friend and care for you.

Thanks for sharing about the article on transplants. There is a state wide attention being given to organ transplants and the importance of donors.

I love the quote, “Things look up when you look to the Lord.” A very good one and sooooo true!

Blessings & Prayers my friend,

• Richard s. January 12, 2018 at 12:13 pm #

Good morning Connie and Suzanne. Thank you both and many blessings. I think the Mayo has the lowest mortality rate because they follow through with their patients. It has been over 4 years since my transplant and they still follow my monthly blood tests, even from California. They truely are number 1. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 12:56 pm #

Truly Mayo Clinic is awesome! Thanks for sharing how they follow patients. It’s great information.

Many Blessings my friend,

3. John M January 12, 2018 at 9:50 am #

Hello to my cohorts and worthy warriors. Richard and Suzanne, the things you say are uplifting you have been through the fire, and survived with such praise and adoration for our Lord and savior. You two are truly an inspiration to me, that’s not to say the rest of our family isn’t inspiring.

I have a prayer request. Last Monday I did my routine blood labs and saw the Doctor on Wednesday, my levels were within the parameters of normal, I had to bump up the prograf a 1/2 a mg. No problem. I did blood labs again yesterday and had a call from my doctor last evening, and she encouraged me to come to the clinic for an ultra sound this morning. It seems my levels are way up there the ALT, AST, and (BLT?) were doubled in a matter of 3 days. I’m also looking at a biopsy next week. Sheesh, what’s a boy to do? I guess that the obvious answer to that is to keep trusting Jesus to see me through. I’m not at all worried about the out come, it’s just that I would like to get a little more use out of this beautiful new liver. I appreciate your prayers more than you realize, and more than I can explain.

IHS
    John

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 12:10 pm #

Hi John.,
      Thank you for sharing what is going on with your latest blood work. It sounds like your medical team is very proactive and taking quick action to get on top of this and find out what’s going on in order to fix the problem. Something that came to my mind as I was reading your update was, “If the Lord brought you to it, He’ll help you through it.” I often have to remind myself that. I know though that being human, we tend to be anxious and worry, especially when we’re dealing with our health. You have come though alot and no doubt are a man of steel.

This wonderful verse comes to mind, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NIV

Please keep us posted on how things are going. Let us know what day they are doing to do the biopsy.
      We are keeping you close in our prayers each day.

Praying for a good outcome as well as peace for you and your sweet wife.
      Blessings & Prayers my friend,

• Richard s. January 12, 2018 at 12:22 pm #

John, thank you my brother. My prayers are with you. I can only tell you what happened to me after my transplant. It took them almost a month to stablize me in the hospital. My prograf level was all over the place along with my alt and ast. I think it takes time for your body to adjust to your new liver. Praise the Lord that you were able to get out of the hospital so soon after transplant. The Lord has taken you through alot and I know He is right there to protect you. God Bless, Richard.

• Roberta January 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm #

John I agree, the strength of everyone to get well , are a blessing to me also, when your weak, God is there, he uses people for his purpose in ways to give people courage and hope to keep going. Everyone of you are a testimony of Gods work and love.. always praying for everyone, Roberta

• Suzanne January 12, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

Hi John, Please remember what Connie just said to me and imagine all of us with arms around each other praying to God please help me in this time of despair and that is what we do from all parts praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ. For me, when my dear doctor says one thing that may frighten me I go to the Lord in prayer. I don’t know but can only imagine that anyone with a new liver would feel the same. We are with you and your dear wife and pray for nothing but the best for both of you. I am so glad Richard is there for you; that is tremendous; he has been through it but remained faithful and grown through Jesus Christ our Lord. There is always something good that begins as a challenge to us.

1 John 5 14-15 ‘Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to his will. He hears us. And if we know that he hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”

Roberta you are right, when we are weak He is always there to pick us up and guide us according to His plan for us, how awesome is that??

God Bless all of the faithful warriors!

4. Jose January 12, 2018 at 10:31 am #

God Bless Everyone!!

I’m doing much better with my heart problems due to the low potassium levels. Thank you so much Richard and Suzanne for your much needed prayers. Yes Connie, I agree I know I have my Lord Savior Jesus on my side. I am truly blessed to live another day. Thank You Lord!

You are in my prayers John, Suzanne, and Richard. God Bless Everyone!

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm #

Hi Jose,
      Thank you for sharing my friend. It’s so good to hear you’re feeling better. We are keeping you close in prayer.
      Did you tell me you are seeing a doctor in San Antonio?

Perhaps one day since we’re in the same state we can meet up face to face. I hope you and your family are well and not going through the flu like so many here in Texas are.

You are a blessings to us. Keep us posted on how you’re doing my friend.
      Blessings & Prayers,

• Richard s. January 12, 2018 at 12:27 pm #

Jose, thank you. My prayers will continue to be with you and that you will start your treatment medicine soon. You have such strong faith and are an example to all of us. His bondservant, Richard.

• Suzanne January 12, 2018 at 3:07 pm #

Hi Jose,
      How are you? I am praying that your treatment date will be sooner than later. Please keep us posted on your status. I know from experience keeping this horrible virus inside of you too long isn’t good. Keep pushing hard and do not give up. My husband was told he wasn’t sick enough and that is after I went through 2 treatments so you can imagine my reaction because I had no clue I had it for many years until it was just about too late.

I think and pray for you often!

God Bless always!

• Suzanne January 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm #

Jose,
      I just had a quick thought and of course check with your doctor first but I take a Potassium over the counter type pill she told me that could help me with my potassium levels as well especially when they are low but take one a day.

God Bless,

5. Connie M January 12, 2018 at 11:45 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,

I appreciate Suzanne mentioning the article about transplants in NC. There have been reports in the news lately from other states as well focusing on organ transplants and donors. There has been some recent chances in state wide organ transplant sharing. Also more patients are being offered the option to take a liver that has Hep C in order to receive a liver quicker and then do Hep C treatment in order to get the cure. With more treatment options and high cure rates this action is saving lives.

We’ll be reporting an article about this very subject soon.

Thanks everyone for sharing your update. It’s so good to know how we can pray and support one another. I hope we hear from more folks as well. If you are reading and not shared how you’re doing, give us a shout out. We’re here for you.

Blessing my friends,

• Richard s. January 12, 2018 at 12:31 pm #

Connie, I think that is great news. I think that will save many lives. Time is so important sometimes and it means the difference between life and death. God bless you, Richard.

• Connie M January 12, 2018 at 12:59 pm #

You are exactly right. No doubt this will open up more opportunities for patients and save lives. It’s all part of winning the battle.

I hope and pray everyone will get tested and be able to be treated asap.

Thanks again for sharing and being so faithful. You Rock!
        Many Blessings my friend,