~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I began my preparation and treatment for Hep C I clung to solid promises from Gods Word, “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze.”  Isaiah 43:1-2

“I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:19b

I clung to the promise that God was actively at work, FOR ME!  I’d like to remind you of the same, God is at work, right now FOR YOU!

Jesus said himself, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”  John 5:17

Max Lucado shares in his book, Fearless, “You will never face the future without God’s help.  You have a travel companion.  When you place your faith in Christ, Christ places his Spirit before, behind, and within you.  Not a strange spirit, but the same spirit.

As Jesus sends you into new seasons, he sends his counselor to go with you.  God never sends you out alone.  Are you on the eve of change? Do you find yourself looking into a new chapter?  Is the foliage of your world showing signs of a new season?  Heaven’s message for you is clear: when everything else changes, God’s presence never does! You journey in the company of the Holy Spirit.”

How about you, where are you in your journey with Hep C?

Hepatitis C, No Matter What Stage, There’s No Place He’s Not

Hepatitis C; Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly

Facing Fear with Hepatitis C

Beginning Treatment for Hep C; Armor Up

1. Hernando January 5, 2018 at 8:45 am #

Good morning fellow warriors. I pray that all of you are well; secure in the knowledge that the Lord is always with us. As Connie reminds us Jesus is always working in our lives for our good. This does not mean that life will always be rosy, but that we are always in the care of our Lord who loves us.
    Here in Rye, New York we are digging out from the blizzard that barreled through yesterday. It is quite beautiful. Very frigid out. I have to watch myself because of lungs that are weakened from just clearing an infection. Praise the Lord!! For today though, I choose to keep my eyes on Jesus and as it is written in Job 37:14 ” Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God. ” Peace, love and blessings to all of you, Hernando

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 11:10 am #

Hi Hernando,
      Thanks for starting us off today. It sounds like you’ve cleared the lung infection you were dealing with. I hope this is the case. We have been keeping you close in prayer. This is a huge Praise!
      Do keep in and stay warm. We’ve been watching reports of the blizzard. I know so many are affected. I hope weather begins to warm and bring plenty of sunshine.

Being from Texas we don’t see snow that often but we’ve been experiencing some very frigid temps for here. So many are sick with respiratory infections, flu and pneumonia. Be careful if you do get out and around others. Don’t want you to be in danger of a relapse.

Thanks for reminding us of Job 37:14, that is a wonderful verse we all need to remember.

Keep us posted on how things are going. I’m keeping y’all close in my prayers.

• Roberta January 6, 2018 at 9:04 am #

Hernando, 2 Samuel 22:29, was posted by you previously in the past few weeks. Its true how some things make such a difference, This scripture i say with my prayers in the morning,
      it has brought much comfort to me, thank you, . It is
      You oh Lord are my lamp, the Lord turns my darkness into
      light……. Powerful, peace of Jesus to you. God bless.

2. Richard s. January 5, 2018 at 11:10 am #

Brother Hernando, I hope you are feeling better. I will send some warm weather your way. It is suppose to be 78 today in Palm Desert. I truly am blessed to live both at the beach and the desert. California does have earthquakes, but we do have great weather. As believers we have the Holy Spirit which lives inside us. He guides us in are daily life. May all the hepatitis c warriors have good health and get their medicine. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 11:12 am #

Thanks for sharing today.
      Wow! 78 degree’s there, that is awesome! I’m glad the weather there is good. I hope you’re feeling well today.

You continue to be in my prayers daily.
      Hope you have a wonderful day.

3. John M January 5, 2018 at 11:11 am #

Good to hear that you’re feeling better, Hernando. I’ve been watching the reports about the whacky weather you are having in the N.E. Things out west are just the opposite, other than it’s cold here as well. No snow to speak of so far. The ski resorts are struggling and the farmers are going into pre-panic mode. But it’s so comforting to know that our Lord and Savior has us in the palm of His hand. I know that more today than at any other time in my life. The grace of God pulled me through the transplant, and that has taught me on a deeper level to praise Him in whatever circumstance I happen to be in. What a beautiful blessing to draw closer to Him each day.

I pray that all our fellow warriors abide in that “peace that surpasses all understanding”

Blessings to you all
    John
    p.s. Connie Adrienne and I are really getting a lot out of Streams in the Desert. Thank you so much

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 11:19 am #

Hi John M.,
      So good to hear from you. It sounds like you are making more and more progress in recovery all the time. Praise God!!! You have come such a long way. If you’d like we’d love to have you and Adrienne do an interview and share your experience with going through liver transplant and recovery. Y’all have a wonderful story of hope and encouragement to all.

I’m so glad y’all are enjoying the Streams in the Desert devotional. It’s one of my favorites and actually I started reading it again Jan 1 so we’re all on the same page (so to speak! LOL).

How is your recovery going? Let us know how we can be praying in detail for you.

• John M January 5, 2018 at 2:35 pm #

We would be very willing to do an interview. I have been thinking about getting out in my community, wherever I can and talk about the experience, Rotary Club or something. I’ve never been great at speaking to a crowd, but in this case they will probably holler at me to shut up. LOL. Those nurses in the ICU got a real ear full as I began to progress.

Praise Him
        John

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

Hi John,
          Thank you for agreeing to do the interview. It will be great encouragement to others who are looking for hope with getting beyond liver cancer and liver transplant. You are now in our Hep C Hero Hall of Fame along with Richard, Hernando, and many others who have gone through liver transplant. The Lord has given you great courage and bravery as well as the wonderful gift of this new liver.

P.S. I’m sure the nurses loved you in ICU.

It would be awesome one day to do a group video interview of all of you who’ve had liver transplants. We’ll have to ponder on how to make that happen. It would be great.

4. Suzanne January 5, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

Hello Everyone,
    Happy New Year a little late but have had everyone on my mind and in my heart. John, the Lord has truly worked miracles in your life and I am sure they come that much more evident daily. We serve an awesome God and he was with you oh every step of the way. it was His will for you to receive a new liver and will find out later when you start to see His footprints every where.

NC is actually digging out from our big 2 inches of snow. This is really a big deal around here with schools closed and everything comes to a stand still. The first hint we might have snow the grocery stores are cleaned out. The driving is a little tricky but you have to be smart about it. It was supposed to snow to the east of us which would be the beaches but backfired and hit us. It is pretty for a day but then it gets old. My heart goes out to the people in the northeastern US because we had 60mph winds and was miserable. Today is sunny but we still have winds.

I,too, like the Streams of Desert and pick it up first thing in the morning to start my day off right.

God Bless all of you, you all have a special place in my heart.

Suzanne.

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 2:29 pm #

Thanks for sharing today. Sounds like y’all are weathering the storm well. When it’s cold, and windy it makes me want to stay in for sure. How are you feeling?
      I hope you’re doing well.

I think everyone is still recovering from the holidays on top of respiratory problems and flu which are going around everywhere.

I’m glad you are enjoying Streams in the Desert also. It’s been in favorite devotional in my daily quiet time.

Stay warm.
      Keep us posted on how you’re doing.

• John M January 5, 2018 at 2:44 pm #

Hi Suzanne The comment you made about the miracles is spot on. I can hardly take it all in when I look back at how the Lord had His hand in all this, starting with the perfect timing and then on from there. He took me to the very brink and I had my toes hanging out over the edge. I will have to tell you about the experience I had in recovery. I’ve never been one to discount others that talk about an out of body experience, but now I’m a member of the club. What a fantastic experience………. Believe it or not. I know what happened to me.

Blessings my friend

John M

5. Suzanne January 5, 2018 at 4:05 pm #

Hi John,
    I really believe in that because when my husband has a heart attack before we met he had an experience too being where he hadn’t been before and around family members that have left this earth and now in a beautiful place with Christ. I have heard of some actually sitting down talking to Jesus., I think God for taking us back to beautiful times and places which only he can do. I would love to hear about that because it will bring tears that we worship such a wonderful God that will momentarily take us from our suffering

God Bless you my brother!.

6. Richard s. January 5, 2018 at 4:18 pm #

Just want to say good afternoon to Connie, Hernando,John,Suzanne. You all need to come out to Southern California for a vacation. I think we have the best weather in the United States. God bless you all with good health. His bondservant,Richard.

• Connie M January 5, 2018 at 6:25 pm #

Save a beach chair for me!

7. Suzanne January 5, 2018 at 4:24 pm #

I am on my way, ha! my niece lives out there and loves it!

Take care!

God Bless,

8. Suzanne January 5, 2018 at 7:06 pm #

Hello again,
    Please be in prayer for me on Wednesday, another endoscopy. It seems as though my food isn’t going down like it is supposed to so the doctor will go in and stretch my esophagus, the best part is the good sleep I get after the procedure. I called yesterday and had a cancellation for Wednesday so Mark will take me.

I am not sure why this keeps happening but any insight would be helpful.

9. Richard s. January 5, 2018 at 9:41 pm #

Suzanne, my prayers are with you.I had a couple of endoscopy for esophageal varicies. I dont remember anything, other then it did not hurt either during or afterwards. God bless you my friend, Richard.

• Suzanne January 6, 2018 at 9:50 am #

Luckily never had varices just cannot get food to go from point A to B!

God Bless,