~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hepatitis C patients can live beyond fear with Hepatitis C. No matter what stage of Hepatitis C, we can find peace in the storm. Hep C patients face fear but we learn it doesn’t have to rule us because of Jesus Christ. If you’re goal is to live beyond hepatitis C, then begin with your focus.

“Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.”  Psalm 73:23  May I ask you, do you believe it?  No, really believe it, with your whole heart. Not just, yea that sounds nice but do you believe it?

How about, “I will fear no evil” It’s tucked smack in the middle of verse 4 of Psalm 23.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of darkness (Hepatitis C), I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me,” (emphasis and addition mine and perhaps yours too).  Do you fear Hepatitis C?  Do you fear the future? Do you fear treatment? Do you fear?

I’d like to share a story from Max Lucado’s book, Traveling Light, and also included in his book, Safe in the Shepherd’s Arms.  Try for a moment to put yourself in this story and look at fear from a new perspective.

I WILL FEAR NO EVIL.  How could David make such a claim?  Because he knew where to look. “You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”

Rather than turn to the other sheep, David turned to the Shepherd.  Rather than stare at the problems, he stared at the rod and staff.  Because he knew where to look, David was able to say, “I will fear no evil.”

I know this fellow who has a fear of crowds.  When encircled by large groups, his breath grows short, panic surfaces, and he begins to sweat like a sumo wrestler in a sauna.  He received some help, curiously, from a golfing buddy.

The two were at a movie theatre, waiting their turn to enter, when fear stuck again.  The crowd closed in like a forest.  He wanted out and out fast.  His buddy told him to take a few deep breaths.  Then he helped manage the crisis by reminding him of the golf course.

“When you are hitting your ball out of the rough, and you are surrounded by trees, what do you do?” “I look for an opening.” “You don’t stare at the trees?” “Of course not. I find an opening and focus on hitting the ball through it.”  “Do the same in the crowd.  When you feel the panic, don’t focus on the people; focus on the opening.”

Good counsel in golf. Good counsel in life. Rather than focus on the fear, focus on the solution.  That’s what Jesus did.  That’s what David did.  And that’s what the writer of Hebrews urges us to do.  “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.” Hebrews 12:1-2 NKJV

Don’t measure the size of the mountains; talk to the One who can move it. Instead of carrying the world on your shoulders, talk to the One who holds the universe on his. Hope is a look away.

Focus on giants, you stumble. Focus on God, your giants tumble. Max Lucado

And may I add, Hope is real, He’s holding onto you right now! Rather than focus on fear, Focus on Him.

Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly

Hep C Battle: Conquering Fear

Facing Fear with Hepatitis C

1. richard s. December 8, 2017 at 7:10 am #

Good morning warriors, what a blessing Connie is. She always comes back to the truth. The truth is the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no one else who can take away are fears. Bless you all with good health my brothers and sisters. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M December 8, 2017 at 9:46 am #

Thank you for starting us off this morning. You are so faithful and supportive to all. So much of what we go through in this life requires steps of faith when we’re facing difficult challenges, but fear is always there to rob us of trust, and moving forward. Fear and anxiety are every bit as real as the Hep C giant. Praise God, both can be dealt with.

I hope and pray you are feeling better my friend. I haven’t heard you mention in a while how you’re eye is doing? What’s going on with the A-fib? Is it any better?

Continued prayers for you as we hold you close in our hearts.

• Richard s. December 8, 2017 at 10:18 am #

Thank you Connie and Hernando. My eye is better. No more retina operations for me. As long as I can pass my driving eye test, that is fine. My afib is about the same. One day at a time and take my medicine. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace. Both of you are always in my prayers. God bless you both my friends, Richard.

• Connie M December 8, 2017 at 10:38 am #

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you are no longer having discomfort and pain in your eye. It sounds like you’re making progress though and I’m glad. I’m continuing to pray for your A-Fib as well.

Thinking & keeping you in my prayers daily.
          Hope you have a wonderful day!

2. Hernando December 8, 2017 at 9:16 am #

Good morning my fellow warriors. Thanks Connie for the reminder that we have nothing to fear; for greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. Brother Richard you are right, Jesus is the way the truth and the life. I was given an acronym for fear that I try to remember: False Evidence Appearing Real. The reality is that in Jesus we have nothing to fear. Peace, love and blessings to you all, Hernando

• Connie M December 8, 2017 at 9:54 am #

Hi Hernando,
      Thank you for sharing this morning. I love your acronym for fear, False Evidence Appearing Real. This is so very true. It’s always a challenge but if we would only stop in our tracks when fear tries to take us over and remember this truth then I’m sure we could let go a lot sooner of our anxiety and be more at peace. We have to train ourselves to step into the shoes of obedience, tie them with courage and walk in faith, in the steps the Lord has us to take daily. “For this I have Jesus is our daily battle cry,” continues to be a powerful declaration we can use up against what ever we deal with daily.

How are you feeling my friend? I hope you’re energy is better and feeling better.
      You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

3. Connie M December 8, 2017 at 9:56 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    I am thinking of each of you today and hope you’ll give us a shout out to let us know how things are going with you.
    We care about you!

What are you going through right now? We’re here for you.

Blessings my friends,

4. Connie M December 8, 2017 at 11:01 am #

Hi Hep C Warrior’s,
    Here is the latest update on our fellow warrior John who recently had his liver transplant the week of Thanksgiving. I heard from his sweet wife and she said John had a rough day yesterday at doctor’s appointments however he is refreshed and feeling better this morning.

We are continuing to keep him in our thoughts and prayers as he recovers. Please continue to pray for John and his wife in his recovery.

Thanks for all your support and prayers for them.

Special Blessings my friends,

5. Suzanne December 8, 2017 at 12:35 pm #

Hello Everyone,
    I had a rough week with ammonia levels through the roof. I don’t like when this happens but I must say these episodes are not as frequent as before so I thank Jesus for that. Hernando, I wrote down what you said about fear and so true. I have learned not to panic when these occur and am thankful they are not any worse. I no longer take Lactulose as prescribed and the doctor laughs when he asks how much I am taking and says nerve mind because he knows I am at the chugging phase when needed. I have a ultrasound on Tuesday, a great way to bring in your birthday!! I think everyone knows how proactive I am on the ultrasounds; every 3 months not 6 months because a lot can happen in 3 months!

I would like to send out a special get well soon to our warrior John M. God has been doing quite a job on him and that is a huge praise. May you continue to heal and do well. We are cheering for you.

God Bless all the brave warriors.

• Richard s. December 8, 2017 at 1:15 pm #

Suzaane, can I relate to you. I use to tell my doctor that I threw away the spoon. I use to chug the lactulose down. I remember one time I panicked when I was across the street from the Mayo at the nursing home because I ran out. They had to call the pharmacy for an additional order. All I can say my friend is to stay close to the bathroom. You are in my prayers. God Bless, Richard.

6. John M December 8, 2017 at 12:43 pm #

I pray GOD’s continued blessing’s on y’all. I’ve been through the valley and it has frightened me from time to time. But GOD is so good and greatly to be praised. I just wanted to check in and express my heart felt thanks to you all for prayer support. I need to clarify one thing as scary as it was at times in the valley I didn’t once loose sight of the Shepard. Oh sure I did my share of bleating like any little lamby pie but HE is so faithful my words are nearly useless in attempting to express my joy love and thanks to our LORD GOD. As I tried to listen more intently HE showed me that it’s ok to be nervous, or even frightened at times and then HE would lead me back to some of my own words. I now call this more properly “Confident Concern” (Kudos to Louie Giglo) God bless you all. Meet together this Sunday and Praise HIS HOLY Name.

John

• Richard s. December 8, 2017 at 1:21 pm #

Good to here from you John. You are doing great. You got out of that hospital so fast. As I said before, I was in the icu for over 3 weeks after the operation. Praise the Lord for His mercy. One day at a time. Take all your medicines. If I remember correctly there were many of them. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M December 11, 2017 at 11:38 am #

Hi John,
      We are thrilled to hear from you!!! Praise God for all He has and is doing in your life. What a great gift of life you have received. We are so thankful.
      We are continuing to lift you and your sweet wife up daily in prayer as you recover. You have an awesome inspiring story my friend. You are a special Hep C Hero!

This verse is for you, “You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.” Psalm 18:28-29

We love you my friend.
      Prayers & Special Blessings as you recover,

7. Suzanne December 8, 2017 at 4:38 pm #

Hi John,
    The Lord blessed me in prayer that in the back of my mind maybe John would check the forum today and my prayer answered. I praise God for jumping in and providing what you needed at the time you needed it. We have a faithful Lord. I am sure your caregiver is taking good care of you and cannot even imagine this early you are up and around going to appointments. You have quite a story to share one day. You can one day be able to help the next, that is what Christian love is all about.

God Bless you and your forever caregiver and please keep inn touch.

8. Jose December 8, 2017 at 4:39 pm #

God Bless Everyone!!

Once again great post, Connie. Once again I am inspired, I woke up this morning to enjoy the sight of a beautiful layer of SNOW, a rarity in the Gulf Coast of Texas. We went from record high 90’s to lows of 30’s in the span of a few days. This change in weather causes havoc with my breathing because of my COPD, but I still love and enjoy every minute of it because I am truly blessed and grateful to live another day. Thank you Lord.

I was denied treatment for my Hep C again by the 2nd GI Dr. That’s the third Dr. that has denied me the cure, because “I’m not SICK enough”. I’m still not giving up. I still have faith.

Great to hear the good news about John. May our Good Lord continue to bless him. Suzanne and Richard, I hope and pray you feel better. God Bless Everyone.

• Richard s. December 9, 2017 at 12:13 am #

Just got back from business trip today, dont give up Jose. May I suggest you go to a transplant hepatologist and not a gastroenterologist. There is a difference. Maybe you can find one at a teaching hospital. If you live near the Mayo Clinic, that would be great. You are in my prayers. God bless you my brother, Richard.

9. Richard s. December 9, 2017 at 12:13 am #