Waiting with Hepatitis C

Post Hep C Treatment : Waiting

Hep C Warriors actively wait through all phases of Hepatitis C. Waiting with Hepatitis C; to hear test results, waiting to hear if we’re approved for treatment, waiting as we prepare for Hep C treatment, waiting through treatment  side effects and waiting for treatment to be completed. Actively waiting and trusting in blood work results. Actively waiting and trusting to see if your body responds to treatment. And actively waiting and trusting that the Hep C Giant has been defeated and will never return. Actively waiting is Faith in Action.

I’m taking a look back at 5 years ago this month when I was at the beginning of another phase of waiting, my post treatment recovery. Can you relate to this time of waiting?

This week marks 2 months of Post Hep C Treatment.  The decent continues down the mountain of treatment with continued recovery. In many ways I feel like my life has been on hold and I fell into a time warp during my Hep C treatment.

This year’s theme has been about ‘waiting.’ Waiting as the Lord prepared the way before me. Holding on to His promises as my lifeline. Waiting is a big part of the treatment and recovery process. There are many ‘waiting’ moments in our lives. Waiting does not always mean being still, but actively waiting is staying steady on course, focus on the finish line all the while taking hold of God’s promises.

This song “While I’m Waiting” by John Waller spoke to my heart about this entire Hep C journey.

Waiting brings great opportunities to shift our focus from our circumstances to actively seeing through the eyes of faith.  Trusting in God even though we cannot see beyond the moment, He is there.  The best thing to say in those ‘waiting’ moments is, “You are my God, Jesus You Reign”

A wonderful testament of faith that Roy Lessin wrote is, “The eyes of Faith can see what your physical eyes can never see.  The knowing of Faith goes beyond what your natural mind can ever comprehend.  The possession of Faith receives what your physical arms can never embrace.  Your faith in God is your lifeline to His heartbeat; it is the hand that reaches up and takes hold of God’s promises.”

Whatever you’re going through today can you say as David did,  “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands. Psalm 31:14-15 NIV. Nest on it, memorize it and make it apart of your prayer to Him who Reigns in your life.

Are you waiting with Hep C? What are you waiting for?

Share your comments below.

More to read:

Living with Hep C; He Hears My Voice

walker

Hep C Treatment; When Dark Clouds Roll In

iStock_000002564597Small (1)

The Power of Waiting with Hep C.

Will you help us? Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/LifeBeyondHepatitisC , share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin, or email to a friend, pass it on.  Thanks!

15 Responses to Waiting with Hepatitis C

1. Richard s. November 28, 2016 at 3:49 pm #

Connie, you speak the truth. Only God knows. In Christ, Richard

• Connie M November 28, 2016 at 4:17 pm #

Thank you for commenting today. I’m glad you liked the article.
      You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are a strong and courageous man of God. We are so blessed by your friendship.

Prayerfully yours my friend,

2. Christine November 29, 2016 at 1:09 am #

Waiting
    It is not always easy to wait.
    Waiting for the diagnosis was easy as there was no way that l had Hep C and so l was not in the least bit worried.
    Waiting for the appointment waiting for the further bloods to reveal genotype and viral load. Waiting for the Fibroscan. All times of worry anxiety and fear.
    But God tells us to cast our burdens and worries on to Him.
    I found myself increasingly seeking His presence through those times.
    Waiting to be prescribed the life saving anti viral medication.
    That felt the most difficult but God intervened and provided for my needs.
    The waiting now is to recover following my treatment. Virus undetected and in Feb l will have bloods to see if it remains so 12 weeks post treatment.
    I am waiting for my health to be restored. I don’t feel too different yet but l am hoping l will improve my energy levels.
    Most importantly for me l no longer feel isolated.
    I am no longer carrying a virus which can be passed on and that is a wonderful gift to me.
    I know it is not passed on through casual hugs and hand shakes but l still was guarded.
    Now l can be me.
    Yesterday l helped someone who had collapsed in the supermarket and it was wonderful to be able to come alongside and help without any apprehension.
    Praise God.
    Thank you Connie for your Faithful service.
    Christine

• Connie M November 30, 2016 at 9:36 am #

Hi Christine,
      Thank you for sharing my friend. I know many can relate. Waiting is never easy. You are so right, The Lord calls us to himself even during those waiting periods in our lives. He can help sustain us even during those long waiting periods. You are a brave and courageous gal. God is working in a mighty way in your life. I’m so happy for you to have come through this year and now Hep C free. You are in my continued prayers as you recover. You have a long beautiful life ahead of you my friend. You are a blessing to us!

3. Richard s. November 29, 2016 at 1:11 pm #

Thank you Christine for your words of encouragement. I am 99.99 percent sure that you wont have hep c after 12 weeks. God bless you and your family with good health. In Christ, Richard.

4. Christine November 29, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

God bless you and all you hold dear.
    Christine x

5. Leanne November 6, 2017 at 12:17 pm #

I am moving to another state today to try to get treatment. I have exhausted all options here in Florida to find help. I’m hopeful. I was diagnosed in 91. Was advised against treatment then. Years passed, life changed. No health coverage now and in the income gap of no help. I have been symptomatic since January. So crossing my fingers. And praying. It’s hard.

6. Christine November 6, 2017 at 1:05 pm #

Hi Warriors
    Well l can’t believe how quickly time goes by.
    2 years ago l was just about to be diagnosed. Almost to the day a year later l completed my treatment. And was so blessed to have defeated this virus.
    I have recovered my energy and although life has thrown other difficulties my way l can celebrate victory over this virus.
    I have not been as close to my Lord in all the business of life working ridiculously long hours.
    I am so thankful that l can do so but l have neglected Gods calling on my life and for that l must apologise.
    To all you fellow warriors l thank God for your perseverance and your care towards one another.
    I hope and pray that you wil experience His touch and know that you are safe in His arms regardless of the storms of this life.
    It is not always easy to wait but those times of waiting can be great times of intimacy with Our God.

• Connie M November 6, 2017 at 1:12 pm #

Hi Christine,
      So good to hear your sweet voice my friend. We know you are always with us in spirit. I knew you had a tremendous amount going on and been working very long hours. But you remain faithful to helping others and have such a warm heart. We love you and care for you my friend.

Continuing together in fighting the good fight. Thank you for sharing. You are always a blessing and inspiration to us.

7. Richard s. November 6, 2017 at 3:23 pm #

I am not 100 % today, but I wanted to wish you all the love and blessings of our Lord Jesus Christ. My heart was broken for our baptists brothers snd sisters in Texas. We live in such a evil world. Without Jesus there is no light. God Bless,Richard.

• Connie M November 7, 2017 at 9:19 am #

We’ve been concerned about you my friend and praying daily. How are you feeling today? I hope you were able to get some help from your doctor. Please keep us posted on how you’re doing.

Very sad about the shooting at Sutherlands Baptist Church. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected. It’s a sad and evil situation.

I’m praying for your quick recovery. Keep us posted.

8. Pam November 6, 2017 at 5:33 pm #

Connie,
    Hi, just checking in. I have a question. Did you and or anyone you know have problems with their teeth after underoing treatment? I’ve begun to have a lot of problems that were not present prior to treatment. Just curious to know if there is any correlation.

Hope you are doing well and everything is going good for you. I’ve been doing pretty well. Getting there. It takes a while to recover from that crazy hep C treatment.

Thanks, Pam

• Connie M November 7, 2017 at 9:12 am #

Hi Pam,
      I have actually heard of some patients experiencing this who did older treatments involving interferon, but I’ve not heard any reports of dental issues for patients using the newer meds.

Prior to my last treatment in 2012 my Hepatologist wanted me to have a dental check up making sure I didn’t have any issues going into treatment. But I don’t recall any dental issues I had after treatment.
      I’m so sorry you’ve been experiencing this.

Hope you are feeling better. Keep us posted on how things are going.