Focusing on Gains through the Battle with Hep C

iStock_000006230006Small (1)

Focusing more on gains instead of loss can sometimes be a challenge when you’re battling Hep C. But yet it all comes down to seeing our gains and losses through a different perspective. Choice. It’s a daily, moment by moment intentional action step. What you choose to focus on matters! It has a profound effect on the mind, body, and spirit.

This is a great truth, “What you affirm grows” –Michael Hyatt. @ConnieMWelch Click To Tweet

Our choices become our actions. Our actions become our habits. Our habits become our character.

Much like the domino effect, one choice begets another. What you choose to focus on today matters! No matter where you are in your battle with Hep C, you can take the stance of a warrior and move forward with determination that today you will make intentional choices to focus on your gains instead of losses.

Here’s the fact, losses are ugly, sad, and painful. They come in all shapes and sizes. But where do they lead? Not to a good place. I bear testimony to that one. But take notice what the Bible says “Be Careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.”Proverbs 4:23 NCV   Whoa! That one stops me in my tracks.

Do you hear the echo of “What you affirm grows.” Yes indeedy!

“Either you can control your thoughts, or they most certainly will control you.” –Living the Life of Courage.

Today is the day to start counting your gains. I encourage you to take a quiet moment to ponder your gains in the midst of Hep C, believe me they are there. Go ahead, hit the pause button and jot them down. You will be surprised at what you find when you shift your focus.

If you’re thinking, “she’s asking me to put on rose colored glasses and become Pollyanna.” Nope. That’s not it. I think it would be foolish of us to be in denial about the challenges and difficulties with Hep C. No, what I’m asking you to do is look beyond the difficulties and shift your focus.

Do you believe what you’re dealing with right now is temporary or permanent? Majority of everything we deal with is temporary. It has an expiration date. This too shall pass.

Barbara Johnson said it so well, “Pain is inevitable, but misery is a choice.”

Don’t allow your present trouble to cast a shadow of doubt and blind you from hope. Real hope perseveres and keeps moving toward what is waiting—the good part.  Hope keeps looking, believing, and moving toward the rest of the story, your story.  Your gains are far greater than you realize. Never let go of hope.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.” –Winston Churchill

Hep C Warrior, there is more to your story.  Hang on and focus on your gains, they are there my friend.

Here is a gain we all can share, “We are destined to fight certain battles, and we think we can never be victorious and conquer our enemies. Yet as we enter conflict, one comes who fights by our side. Through Him we are “more than conquerors.” (Romans 8:37)- from Streams in the Desert Devotional.

Friend, I hope today you will think about binoculars, yes, you heard me right, binoculars.  Visualize today, you are looking through binoculars and dialing in to focus on the extraordinary, your gains. It’s an intentional choice with powerful effects to help you live each day beyond where you’re at. Attitude effects Altitude.

Grab hold of this life lesson, “Peace begins with a choice to stop being afraid followed by a decision to start trusting God. It’s been said that peace is not the absence of danger, but the presence of God.” —Ann Graham Lotz

Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.” John 14:1

What are some of your gains in the midst of battling Hep C?

Share your comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Related articles:

Connie’s Hep C Treatment Journal: Hep C Treatment Journey Day 51: Misery is a Choice.

Hep C Treatment Journey; Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly

Celebrating Can Do’s with Hep C Treatment

Will you help us? Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/LifeBeyondHepatitisC , share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin, or email to a friend, pass it on.  Thanks!

Life_Beyond_Hep_C_logo_FINAL_CMYK

10 Responses to Focusing on Gains through the Battle with Hep C

1. Richard s. January 11, 2016 at 10:40 am #

Connie, my greatest gain from having hep c was that because of it I came to a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. From something very bad came something very good. The Lord used my health to bring me to Him. I could no longer rely on my own strength. This happened over 17 years ago and I will never regret it. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. God Bless, Richard.

• Connie M January 11, 2016 at 10:56 am #

Thank you for sharing your great gain through Hep C. Coming to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is truly the greatest gain. And through Him, healing begins inside and out.

For me, the Lord reminded me, I rest in Him. His strength is more than enough to help me get through whatever I face in this life. I was also very grateful for treatment and a good medical care team, among many others.

Appreciate your encouragement and being hope with skin on.

• Suzanne January 11, 2016 at 12:07 pm #

Good Morning Richard and Connie,

Richard, I am behind you 100%. I look now @ my journey and so much good came out of my initial diagnosis. It certainly brought me closer to Christ and that is the best blessing of all. I grew with my church family and he removed any fear I had about everyone knowing what my disease consisted of, ; especially the “old timers” that hadn’t been educated on this disease. Richard, I too, had a transfusion and contracted the virus. Christ gave me strength when I thought I couldn’t make it through another day. We all go through storms in life. Whether we are caught up in the agitation of little daily “trauma” that tear away at our peace of mind or face real fear in our hearts Jesus will calm the storm with one word “Quiet,be still”

I can honestly sit here today and say more good that bad came out of my treatment and my experience. I thank God I am able to sit here today and write this.and was somewhat healthy enough to be there for Mark when he began his treatment. Connie, he has confetti all over him that you threw this way and he said thank you.

• Connie M January 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

Hi there Suzanne,
        Thank you for sharing today. How wonderful it is to hear the many wonderful gains you have gleaned. I know for myself, one of the first steps I had to do before I could move forward into the healing process from Hep C, was to open my hands up before the Lord and just offer up the whole kitten kaboodle.

I think often of Barbara Johnson’s words, “Live for today but hold your hands open for tomorrow.”
        Thank you for the reminder through the storms of life, Jesus’ powerful words, “Be Still.” Holds true for every storm we face, we are never alone.

2. Mary A. January 11, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

Connie,
    I remember when I started treatment in July, I was like “the princess and the pea.” All I could focus on was that tiny lump under a pile of mattresses. When I would take my eyes off God and fix them on my difficulties, they seemed to last forever. Getting my thinking right was not easy (still isn’t); but I learned that I first had to get my heart right. Being in the Word daily, taking time for prayer and grabbing opportunities to be of service to others is where I was able to turn any perceived loss or trial into gain. Hep C gave me a whole new of looking at the world, through the eyes of Christ. I’ve got a long way to go, but by His grace, He will carry me through any and every trial I face. Thank you for this wonderful post and all your encouragement. Praying for you and Mr. Fix-It, daily.
    In His debt,
    Mary

• Connie M January 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm #

Hi Mary,
      Thank you for sharing your wonderful gains through Hep C. I picture you and all of us, loaded down with treasure from what we have gained through loss with Hep C. So many life lessons through all of this that will impact the rest of our lives.
      I know this sounds odd, but after awhile, I realized having gone through Hep C was really a privilege. Only the Lord knows our potential for coming through the fire and come out shining. He is the one who makes beauty out of the ashes of our lives. I am go grateful He never lets go. You shine brightly for Him.

3. Richard S. August 15, 2016 at 6:15 pm #

Connie, rereading the posts today gave me encouragement. Thank you for showing us the love of Jesus Christ in action and deed. You are a blessing for all of us. In Christ, Richard .

• Connie M August 15, 2016 at 6:41 pm #

Thank you my friend. I’m so glad you were encouraged today. You always share great encouragement and hope with all of us.
      Hope you’re feeling better.

Praying for you daily.
      Hope you have a really good evening.

4. richard s. November 27, 2017 at 11:21 am #

A blessing to re-read Connie. Focus on the Lord Jesus Christ. He is are strength. God Bless, Richard .

• Connie M November 27, 2017 at 1:19 pm #

So glad you enjoyed the devotional. This one is particularity important especially in the season we are in. I hope today you see your gains far exceed everything else. You are a great blessing to us and we are thankful for you!