~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you feel overwhelmed with where you’re at with Hep C, treatment, or life in general, you will find great resources of strength and hope through the message God has for you.  Take time each day to read and meditate on His Word.

God has used this encouraging message to echo in my heart many times as He has never failed to get me through my hard places.  This message is for every Hep C Warrior.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3 NIV

You’ll get through this.  It won’t be painless.  It won’t be quick.  But God will use this mess for good.  Don’t be foolish or naïve.  But don’t despair either.  With God’s help, you will get through this. -Max Lucado

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 NIV

Take Heart Hep C Warrior.

Don’t allow your present trouble to cast a shadow of doubt and blind you from hope.  Real hope perseveres and keeps moving forward, toward what is waiting. . . the good part.

Persevere so that one day you can say, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7 NIV

Keep believing, because the prize, the victory is there for you!

Hope keeps looking and believing in the rest of the story.  Your story.  The Best is yet to come.

Pray and ask God for extra strength and courage in your battle this week. No matter what you are going through, remember, its temporary. There’s more to your story than you… Click To Tweet

Where are you at right now with Hep C?

Trusting God through the Storm with Hep C

Looking Beyond Hep C; What Do You See?

Facing the Future with Hep C

1. Richard s. October 20, 2017 at 9:27 am #

Good morning warriors, I have to go back to the blood lab today. My doctors are always looking for something. Once you have liver cancer they are always looking. Next week I get 2 mri’s and a cat scan of my chest. Praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ. Our hope is always in Him. God bless you all with good health. In Christ, Richard .

2. Suzanne October 20, 2017 at 10:32 am #

Hi Richard and fellow warriors,
    Good morning Richard, what a testimony you have and what admire about you most is your faith. You have always turned to the Lord for all your medical issues first and everything else seems to fall into place. He didn’t promise us a perfect life here but has promised us life with him for eternity.

I am feeling great and no medical crisis to report and once again Jesus has picked me up. I like Proverbs 3 5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

God Bless John, one of our warrior’s who is going through a tough time now and may Jesus lay his healing hand on him and lift him up to God our Father. My thoughts and prayer are with him and his family.

• Jose October 20, 2017 at 3:05 pm #

God Bless Everyone!!

It’s good to hear you’re feeling great, Suzanne. I also agree and admire you and Richard’s faith in our Lord. After all, Jesus is the best medicine. All you need to do is reach out to our Lord Jesus.

I myself am feeling great. I just got the results for my self referred FibroScan and I have no fibrosis or cirrhosis. Thank you Lord. I do have an appointment with a different GI Dr. next week for a second opinion, I’ll see what happens.

Brother Richard, I hope that all your blood tests, MRI, and scans are normal.

May God Bless You and your family brother John. Will be praying for you.

3. Roberta October 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm #

Praying for you Richard that your test results and mri we’ll be Fine. I admire your strength, you have gone through so much. A true warrior, giving others hope. Jesus is wirh you.

4. Richard s. October 20, 2017 at 4:24 pm #

Thank you Sizanne, Jose, and Roberta. Like you all I am praying for John. What he is going through is very difficult. How blessed we are that we have the Holy Spirit lift us up and comfort us. May all my brothers and sisters in Christ have a good week. God bless you all, Richard .

5. John M October 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm #

Thank you, all my warrior friends. I wish I could give y’all a BIG hug. Thanks for being “there” At the present time, I’m having a time with swelling in my abdomen. It kinda looks like I swallowed a watermelon LOL.

Richard, do you have the swelling with your liver cancer? Just wondering if this is par for the course.

God bless you and yours.

IHS
    John

• Richard s. October 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm #

John, I can’t remember if the swelling was caused by the liver cancer or cirrhosis. Will your insurance cover a second opinion for the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. My brother why are they waiting so long. You should be high on the list. I pray that your blood type is A/B or B The odds are better. You are in my prayers my brother. The Lord Jesus is able to do miracles. I pray that He gives you a liver soon. In Christ, Richard .

• Connie M October 24, 2017 at 11:48 am #

Hi John,
      I know that there is a great deal of swelling due to ascites from Cirrhosis part. Be sure to let your doctor know how much the swelling has increased, this is important.
      We are continuing to pray for you my friend. I pray you’ll beable to get a new liver very soon.
      Please keep us posted. We care about you!

Prayerfully yours my friend,

6. Gloria October 26, 2017 at 10:48 am #

Hello.

My name is Gloria M., I was diagnosed with liver cancer on May 2017, and under went a procedure called embolization. This treatment is not a cure all because the Doctors said the cancer can return in 5 years. But I am a believer God is a healer. I still hep C, and was told I need a new liver. However my Meld Score is a 6. Can someone tell me why they want treat the hep c if the hep c caused the scarring, cirrhosis, and cancer? I appreciate it if someone could tell me how to handle this type of treatment.

• Connie M October 27, 2017 at 9:08 am #

Hi Gloria,
      Thank you for sharing your update. I don’t understand why they won’t treat your Hep C. Have you talked to your physician about this? Your MELD score should be higher than a 6. I know there are a lot of factors that measure a MELD score but it seems like yours should be higher. Did you mentioned before that you were at a university hospital? It would be a good idea to get a second opinion. We’ve had several here on the support group who have been through this very situation and they also had to get another opinion.
      Keep us posted on how things are going. We care about you.

• Gloria October 27, 2017 at 9:47 am #

Thank you Connie for the informations, I will ask my primary doctor to make an referral for a second opinion. I had to get a new primary doctor and I called my insurance company to see if I am eligible for that service. God bless and thank ypu.

7. Richard s. October 26, 2017 at 9:14 pm #

Gloria, I am only a patient and not a doctor. I had hep c, liver cancer, chemo embolization, liver cirrhosis, and transplant. I would think they would want to treat the hep c. It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that chemo embolization works for approx. 1 year. It is not a cure, but suppose to slow down the cancer. I can’t understand why your meld score is 6, since your liver cancer should give you a 23. The only cure is a liver transplant. Try to find a good hepatologist, perhaps at a teaching university hospital or better yet the Mayo Clinic. If the cancer has spread they won’t do a transplant, also if the tumor is over 6 cm, your odds are reduced. I know you have great faith, and the Lord Jesus Christ does miracles. Please get that second opinion. In Christ , Richard .

• Gloria October 27, 2017 at 9:13 am #

Thanks you very much for this information. i have seen my doctor once since the chemo embolization and have other schedule appointments such as the infectious control doctors to be clear for a transplant. I thought I schedule to have a second opinion done but I believe I need to schedule that with my insurance company. You made my day. Thank you

• Connie M October 27, 2017 at 10:06 am #

Hi Gloria,
        We care about you my friend. Please keep us posted on how you’re doing. We’re here for you.
        Many Blessings,