~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Jesus said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”  Mark 10:27 NIV

Many times obstacles and fears keep us from moving in the direction we need to go. At times we can feel like we’re bogged down in the mud. Moving at a slow crawl.

My last Hep C treatment felt that way. (In 2012 I used one of the protease inhibitor combinations, Incivek, Peg Interferon and Ribavirin- no longer available due to more effective treatment out.) Side effects seem to override everything in my life during treatment. What seemed impossible to achieve was getting to the finish line, overcoming the obstacles of side effects, dealing with fears of the ‘what if’s.’ When I felt my worse I would regress inward and think what I was dealing with was impossible.  My thoughts would begin with, “I can’t. . .”

But with God, he says, your right, you can’t but I CAN and therefore through me, you CAN achieve what you could never do on your own. My obstacles were no surprise to God and certainly not impossible to overcome. I had to stop and listen carefully to His words and to the words I was feeding myself. Did they line up?

What I grazed on affected my thoughts which affected my attitude, my outlook, which affected my actions.  If I fed myself the thoughts I can’t, then I felt defeated. But concentrating on God’s can do’s helped transform my thinking to line up with His. The impossible became the possible.

A verse I used often when I felt knocked down by side effects was, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”  Philippians 4:13.  God’s CAN DO turns the impossible into the possible.

How To Live Beyond Hepatitis C

Stigma with Hepatitis C; The Danger of Labels

10 Proactive Steps for Your Hep C Battle Plan

1. Hernando October 6, 2017 at 7:17 am #

Good morning fellow warriors. I pray that you are all protected by the sunshine of the spirit. Where ever you are in your journey know that God will provide us with the strength to face any obstacle in our lives. Thank you Connie for that reminder in Philippians. When I look at my problems as my battle I circumvent the power of Jesus in my life. I then find myself alone, losing to the enemy, when the army of the Lord waits patiently behind me. When I reach out to my Lord for help, do the footwork and leave the results to Jesus, then no matter what happens I am sure that I will be taken care of. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:07 pm #

Hi Hernando,
      Thank you for sharing my friend. You are so right, God will provide the strength we need every step of our journey. With Him we are never alone.

I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how you’re doing.

2. Brenda October 6, 2017 at 7:41 am #

I would like prayer as I go for my 3 month blood test this coming week. Hopefully I am still Hep C free. God is good and he is so faithful! Thank you!

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:03 pm #

Hi Brenda,
      Thank you for sharing. We will most definitely be praying for your test and results. Please keep us posted on how things are going. “For this I have Jesus” is our daily rally cry! This is one of my favorite nuggets that always helps me to remember, with Christ I am safe in His hands.

Prayerfully yours my friend,

3. Suzanne October 6, 2017 at 7:53 am #

Good Morning Warriors,
    Hello Hernando so good to hear those strong words that are so very true. We cannot do it alone. I hope you are doing well and personally on the rebound from double pneumonia which I had no symptoms at all. I was having a good day last week and went to get my yearly flu shot and pneumococcal injection and the pharmacist hit a tendon. In the middle of the night I was having severe pain in my right shoulder and long story short they did an x-ray of my arm and the doctor has suspected something and did a chest x-ray. This has been very hard to bounce back from after being released from the hospital. I
    know it takes time.

I was reading some information yesterday and landed on another support group website and must say it didn’t take long before I was stunned over the comments and am so thankful for this Christin Website. ” BE AMAZING Let your light shine before others.” Thank you Connie!

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

Thank you for sharing your update. I’m so sorry you’ve had such a rough time. It sounds like a blessing in disguise that you went to the ER and they found out about the pneumonia. God has plans we sometimes don’t understand but we can always trust His way. I am so thankful for you and will continue to keep you close in prayer. Please keep us posted on how you’re doing. We love and care about you!

4. Anonymous October 6, 2017 at 7:55 am #
  5. Richard s. October 6, 2017 at 10:19 am #

Good morning Hernando, Suzanne, Brenda, and Connie. Hernando, it is good hearing from you again. I hope things are going ok. You are so right about giving our problems over to the Lord. Suzanne, it always seems we are facing trails. My prayers are with you all. Connie is right about that interferon. Real poison. I wouldnt want my worst enemy to take that. I am taking one day at a time. God bless you all with good health and a closer relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. His bondservant, Richard.

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:15 pm #

Thanks for sharing my friend. I hope you are doing better. How are you feeling?
      I know each of us are facing challenges right now, but so thankful for support and prayer. Thanks for being here!

I’m hoping your feeling better. Keep us posted on how things are going. We care about you!

6. Jose October 6, 2017 at 11:10 am #

God Bless Everyone!!

Praying for a speedy recovery, Suzanne. Have a great blessed weekend everyone!

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

Hi Jose,
      Thanks for being here my friend and sharing. How are things going with you? How are you doing since Hurricane Harvey?
      You’re in my thoughts and prayers always. Keep us posted on how you’re doing.

7. Roberta October 6, 2017 at 10:18 pm #

How much has anyone paid for new reatments. Im not virus free, i dont think i can get it not enough damage to liver. Iwent on interferon in 1992, i still have hepc, some insurances have stipulations. God bless you all

• Richard s. October 7, 2017 at 11:55 am #

Roberta, my treatment was in 2014 after my liver transplant. It cost my insurance company approx. $150,000. I believe if you wished to buy the medicines today it would cost approx.$75,000. However, if you contact Connie she knows of many sites that can help you. I know in Egypt the medicine is very cheap, since Gilead is offering a large discount. Since I dont know your financial position, each individual would be different. Remember there is always help through the Lord Jesus Christ. He is in charge. God Bless, Richard.

• Roberta October 7, 2017 at 10:05 pm #

Thank you all for responding. Ill be getting checked again in Nov to see where im at i have genotype one. Ive lived pretty healthy all this time since 1992. Praise Jesus ,even though i dont have a cure. My doc suggested trying for a cure but at that time i felt like, ive functioned very well all these years, i will share my update with doctor. Im so glad theirs more help out there then i know about. You all are amazing thank you.😁

• Connie M October 7, 2017 at 6:22 pm #

Hi Roberta,
      Treatment costs really depend on which treatment you are doing. Do you happen to know what genotype you are and what stage you have been diagnosed with? There are many factors that go into determining which treatment is best suited for each patient. I personally do not recommend sending off for generics at this time, there have been many problems with this. If you care to write me with your questions and concerns we can certainly talk about it. There are a great many patient assist programs available to help patients as well.

Here is my email: Connie@lifebeyondhepatitisc.com

8. Roberta October 8, 2017 at 12:05 am #

I was wondering.. A very select few know i have hep c.. Is this something all of you have kept pretty quiet. I feel that people can be very cruel at times, from not understanding. Ive been single along time for fear of judgement and rejection. Or my illness being told and gossiped about. How has this effected any of you warriors. I sure could use some input on this. Its been a very hard struggle. What are you experiences or views ? Looking forward to hearing from you
    Roberta

• Connie M October 9, 2017 at 11:12 am #

Hi Roberta,
      Your struggle sharing your Hep C diagnosis is common. Most Hep C patients deal with how to talk about this. You only have to share what you’re comfortable with and with whom. But from my experience, most people didn’t understand at first and had questions just like I did, but it was an opportunity to educate people on the truth of how Hep C can be contracted. Unfortunately the media has exploited the method of drug use to be the way Hep C is contracted and this is only one of many, many ways it’s transmitted. So it’s up to us as patients to speak the truth. If more people knew the facts about Hep C more people will get tested and have the opportunity to be treated and take care of themselves. So I encourage you to not let fear of rejection stop you from sharing.

For the most part, when I shared with folks about Hep C and how I personally got it and other ways it can be contracted then it opens up good conversation and they ask questions. Majority are very kind and understanding. Only very few have a wall built up. But that is their problem, not mine. Live your life and don’t allow others to judge you. No matter how anyone get’s Hep C, that should not matter, it’s doing something about it and going forward in life that counts.

I only had 1 person who was interviewing me for a job and when he found out I had Hep C, he wanted to know if any his clients could “catch it from me.” It hurt my feelings and made me angry, but I didn’t show it. Instead, I took the opportunity to educate him on Hep C and the many ways it can be contracted. He seemed to understand after that, but honestly I didn’t even want to go to work for him after that, so I didn’t. I chose to give him grace which was best and I didn’t hold any bad feelings toward him. I also had one bad experience with a doctor and I politely told the doctor I didn’t agree with him and changed doctors. But 99% of the folks out there are very kind and caring about this and interested in knowing more about Hep C.

There are more people affected by Hep C than are diagnosed. Many people don’t even know they have it. So the more we talk about it and encourage everyone to get tested the better. That step can even help save someone’s life. Don’t be afraid to share my friend.

Sorry this is long. Just had to share this with you.

• Brenda October 9, 2017 at 7:51 pm #

Excellent comments everyone. I felt that way too in the beginning. I found out July 2015. I kept it a tightly guarded secret secret in the beginning, but I agree with Connie and I started to use it to educate people as I told them, and I felt compelled to use it to educate other to get tested. I explained how I got this disease in the 70’s and how my husband never got infected and we have been married 42 years, so thats how contagious its not! Now I use it as a testimony as to how this can happen to anyone. God can help you and give you boldness to share with others. I also have found all the TV commercials have helped to get rid of some of the stigma. Prople say oh yea, I have seen that on TV. I have been pleasantly suprised for the most part. God bless you my dear. Its all going to be ok.

• Connie M October 10, 2017 at 10:51 am #

Hi Brenda,
        Thank you for sharing my friend. Others need to hear the journey we’ve been on in order to understand, and know there is hope and help available. I appreciate your willingness to give that much needed hand of help and encouragement to others. We always love to hear from you.

Cheering and Praying for you with your upcoming test.
        Keep us posted.

9. Richard s. October 8, 2017 at 11:05 am #

Roberta, you are right many judge, however, they should not. I got hepatitis non a/b in 1970. This is what they called hepatitis c. I had hemophilia before my liver transplant. Almost the entire hemophilia community got hepatitis c who had blood transfusions before 1992 since they didnt check the blood supply for hepatitis. Only the Lord Jesus Christ is worthy to judge. It does upset me that many think all hep c patients are drug people. This is not the case. It is a hard struggle, but in the end you will be victorious. I urge you to get treatment, since you do not want to end up like me with liver cancer and transplant. The medicines today are superior and they work. In Christ, Richard.

10. Roberta October 9, 2017 at 1:50 pm #

Thank you richard and connie, i need the support, i understand richard about what you are saying about cure. If im a candidate for treatment after im seen in November and Doctors think its best.. i will seek my options and know i have fine people like you to support me .. lots of blessings.. i know the Lord is with me. He has kept me going long time..praise and honor to our Glorious Savior. Have a beautiful day……
    Glori

11. Carole October 12, 2017 at 6:41 pm #

Hi everyone I am new here! Just had to find someone I could share this news with that would totally get my excitement!!
    Almost 10 years ago I took the 6 month treatment that included Peg Interferon and Ribavirin. Of course it did not help me! I just never knew how much it hurt me! It kicked off a slew of Autoimmune disorders like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, just to name a few! 7 years later I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hep C GT3. I was almost in the Gilead trial! But all my labs were off the chart and I couldn’t get them down in time. I have refused anymore blood test for a long time!! My illness was really taking a new toll on me so I gave in and that lead to a Ultrasound and then a MRI only to hear I do have sclerosis. I recently went back to the hepatologist, and she ran some more blood test so she could decide which new treatment would work best for me.
    Drum Roll Please!!!
    I just received authorization to take Epclusa as this was her choice for me!
    Praise God!! Just in time!! HIS TIME!!

• Brenda October 13, 2017 at 9:19 am #

Hi Carol, I am so happy for you! What a blessing! God is good! I was treated with Harvoni and finished in June. I am so thankful to of gotten the medication. I go for my 3 month blood work follow up this week. Anxious to hear the disease is gone for good. May God bless you on your journey! ~Brenda

• Carole October 13, 2017 at 6:40 pm #

Thanks Brenda I will be praying for your blood tests!

• Connie M October 16, 2017 at 11:12 am #

Hi Carole,
      This is outstanding news. We are so thrilled for you. How awesome! Praise God!!!
      Please keep us posted on when you’re start date is. We’re here to walk with you through this journey.
      Good things ahead my friend.

12. Richard s. October 12, 2017 at 7:13 pm #

God bless you Carole, you will be fine. My prayers are with you.In Christ, Richard.