Hep C Warrior Friday Forum Support Group

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ‘waiting’ for something right now?  Waiting for Hep C treatment to be over? Waiting for test results?  Waiting for recovery so you can feel ‘normal’ again?

The waiting room consists of many people waiting for different reasons.  What are you doing while you are waiting?  Do you have a peaceful, calm spirit or are you tied up in knots of worry.

Waiting.  It’s never been something I’m good at.  I’m ‘let’s get with the program’ type of girl.  Chop Chop.  I like moving forward.  Sometimes I get myself in a mess when I’m moving and should be putting on the brakes.

Waiting does not mean you are not being active in something, but it does mean you have taken a stance to trust more and worry less, while you are waiting for the direction you need to take. Here’s what I mean;

There is power in the pause.  There are benefits in waiting.

1. God gives you time to prepare prayerfully.
  2. God gives you time to seek Him and His wisdom for the situation and not allow your emotions to be in control.
  3. God gives you time to plan purposefully.
  4. God gives the time needed to work ALL things together for your good.
  5. God gives you time to be Thankful, even through the waiting.

There is a gift also in waiting, did you notice the once constant in the above mentioned benefits, God Gives you time!  Yet how we use it can be a benefit to us if we will see it from God’s perspective.

Ponder this special scripture.

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31 NKJV (emphasis mine)

We see the word ‘Wait’ substituted in different translations of the bible for ‘Hope, or Trust.’  When we unwrap each word the basic meaning is the same, we are relying on Almighty God in His way and timing to provide for us in His divine plan.

There is a purpose in waiting.  If we did not ‘wait’ for red lights to turn green, we would be rushing into oncoming traffic, boom, ultimate harm.

If we did not ‘wait’ for God’s timing, we rush ahead of him to take matters into our own hands.  I think of standing before Him, after I have placed my cares in His capable hands only to jerk them away from Him because of my impatience and unwillingness to wait on His best for me.

I regret the times I have done just that.  But for those times when I have struggled being in the waiting room, I think of this verse that has brought me the peace I needed to wait and trust in His perfect timing and way;

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9

So for those who Wait, for those who Hope, for those who Trust, there is power in the pause.  Power in Rest Stops.  Power in Waiting, even with Hep C and the outcome.

Are you in the waiting room right now?  Waiting for Hep C test results? Waiting for treatment to begin or finish? Waiting for God to open up the way?

Hepatitis C: No Matter What Stage, There’s No Place He’s Not

Looking Beyond Hep C; What Do You See?

Four Steps to Achieving the Goal

16 Responses to Hep C Warrior Friday Forum Support Group

1. Suzanne September 22, 2017 at 9:45 am #

Good Morning.
    Connie, outstanding post.! I was having my quiet time this morning and came across some scripture from Philippian’s 4 Paul says” Rejoice in the Lord Always.” It seems as though we rejoice more when things are going our way but do we really rejoice when things seem not so good like when we are diagnosed with an illness, loss of a job, and even catastrophic weather. There is always ways to rejoice over the many good things the Lord has blessed us with also. I rejoice to the Lord when I wake up in the morning and never take that for granted. God is good all the time!!

I hope everyone is doing well today and like Connie says don’t be shy jump in because there are many good people here willing to reach out their hand and help another.

God Bless you,

• Jose September 22, 2017 at 12:59 pm #

God Bless Everyone!!

Yes, I agree with you Suzanne God is good all the time. Hope you feeling better. Even with all my medical conditions, I am still able to walk and get around unassisted. I’m truly blessed and grateful to live another day. Thank You Lord!

Thank you Connie for all you do. God Bless Everyone.

• Connie M September 23, 2017 at 12:24 pm #

Thanks for kicking us off yesterday. So glad you’re here. Thanks for the great reminder today of Philippians 4 and the importance of thanks and praise. In my morning quite time I continue to keep my Thankfulness journal each day. It’s a great focus reminder. I totally agree, He is good ALL the time.

I hope you’ve been able to get some rest and get some wind back in your sails.
      Keep me posted on how you’re doing.

2. Richard s. September 22, 2017 at 11:08 am #

Good morning Suzanne and all the warriors. I am having a hard time this morning. I think it might be my a fib and have a call into the doctor. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for His mercy and grace. We are so blessed to have Him. The Lord’s timing is always perfect. I do pray that all the warriors get their medicine and are healed.God bless you all my brothers and sisters, Richard.

• Jose September 22, 2017 at 12:12 pm #

God Bless Everyone!!

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having problems this morning, my brother Richard. I’ll be praying for you and hope you’ll start feeling better.

• Richard s. September 22, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

Thank you my brother Jose, we are a family in Christ. My prayers are with you and all the warriors.

• Connie M September 23, 2017 at 12:29 pm #

Hi Jose,
        Thank you for sharing. We always love to hear from you. How are you feeling?
        You remain in my prayers for your health and open doors for treatment. How are things there in your area since the hurricane?

Keep us posted. We care about you!

• Suzanne September 22, 2017 at 3:44 pm #

Richard, I have you in my prayers and keep us posted. Jose, my friend always good to hear from you. You are a blessing to this website and glad your doing well. It is very challenging to me to have these different medical conditions as well but the good Lord is always with us and one step ahead.

God Bless you both,

• Richard s. September 22, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

Suzanne, you are so right. The Lord always comforts us. I am waiting for the sleep apnea therapist in about a hour. It is very hard when you get old, but we are blessed to have Jesus. You are in my prayers. In Christ, Richard .

• Connie M September 23, 2017 at 12:26 pm #

I’m so sorry to hear you’re feeling bad. I hope the doctor will be able to help you with adjusting meds and whatever needs to be done. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. I’m praying for you right now and will continue. We care about you!

3. Connie M September 23, 2017 at 12:19 pm #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    I’m a bit late checking in. It’s great to see so many here.
    Yesterday I was out of the office at doctor’s appointment having a biopsy done (skin area). I’ll get the report in 7 to 10 days. Alas, there’s always adventure points in life, right? Life is never dull.

I’m praying for each one of you and hoping those who have not yet jumped in will do so. We’re all here to support one another.

A scripture I was lead to this morning is sooooo good for today,
    “Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
    Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” Psalm 42:5

I’m lifting up Praise and Thanks for each of you today. God IS working for all of us, and I give Him all my thanks and praise.

Blessings my friends,

4. Mike Meadors September 27, 2017 at 10:12 am #

Connie,

Thank you for coming out and sharing your encouragement with us. I was so devastated that i had been diagnosed with hep-c that I almost never visit doctors. I figured that finally, I should be open to going in thanks to your encouraging words. Ago far, 17 years after diagnosis, I’m still at a stage zero with no scarring or liver damage. God is good and I’m so grateful that your words have given me the strength to go in and face the music about my condition. I am going to be on a new medicine made for hep-c which takes only 8 weeks to complete. So far, i have such a huge, huge weight lifted off of my heart. I neglected life for a long time. Now, i can start living. Thank you again Connie.

5. Sharon September 28, 2017 at 9:05 pm #

Dear Fellow Christians and Hep C Warriors: has anyone else had severe sickness and sleep disturbances from being actively infected? I ended up so sick for 16 years. After two years of the virus being active, I developed severe symptoms of body-temperature regulation problems, severe fatigue, allergies (to pollens) and severe insomnia with sleep-phase disorder-meaning no longer able to fall asleep at 10-12 at night. After Harvoni treatment I still have sleep, allergies and body-temp regulation problems. I assume that HEP C did some residual damage. I control body-temp problems with iodine supplements. I try my best to eat right but isn’t that a challenge for everyone!

Hep C devasted my life. I ended up so sick without disability benefits that I worked only 4 months a year from 2000-2011. Haven’t had a job at all since May 2011. Looking for work now but still struggling with sleep disorder, being alone, 57 and isolated. I’d appreciate everyone here praying for me to find job asap. Im in Atlanta and seems all the christian organizations I’d like to work for are in Dallas-Ft.Worth. I have extreme obstacles to overcome because I am hurting financially now.

Anyway, has anyone else suffered from sleep disorder or seen any other forums talking about this? Or is anyone else still having health problems after treatment and 20 or more years of infection? My symptoms usually occur in people with end-stage liver damage and I didn’t have any damage.

I am so tired of being house-bound, struggling alone and isolation. Don’t mean to complain too much- just need to reconnect to humans.

• Connie M October 10, 2017 at 10:43 am #

Hi Sharon,
      I’m so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions? Have you ever had a sleep study to evaluate the problem? Sometimes we have more than one thing going on. I personally experienced sleep disturbances with my treatment but I was not on Harvoni. In recovery from treatment I continued to have sleep issues, not insomnia but not able to fall asleep easily. I drink some sleep time peach tea at bedtime and that has helped me greatly. I also talked to my doctor about safety of me taking 2 Tylenol PM at night and he said that was fine for me to take. I sleep very well now. I hope this information helps.

Keep seeking your doctor’s advice and perhaps consider a sleep study or try some sleep time tea and see if that makes a difference. If you’d like to email me, feel free to let me know how I can help, Connie@lifebeyondhepatitisc.com

We’re here for you.

• Sharon October 12, 2017 at 12:32 am #

Thanks for responding and trying to help me Connie.

• Connie M October 16, 2017 at 11:08 am #

Hi Sharon,
          We’re doing some research about sleep disorders right now. I’ll let you know what we find out.
          Hang in there my friend.