~~~~~~~~~~~~

“For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and a sound mind.”  2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

Anytime we get our focus off of who God is and who we are in Christ, fear can begin to rise in the fore front of our minds.  This is what I call the danger zone, the pits!  It is a very unsettling place to be.  Void of peace.

Can you have peace and still be facing suffering and difficulty?  Most certainly.  Jesus tells us in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Max Lucado states in his book, Fearless, “Fear creates a form of spiritual amnesia.  It dulls our miracle memory. It makes us forget what Jesus has done and how good God is.” He continues to say, “The Gospels list some 125 Christ-issued imperatives.  Of these, 21 urge us to “not be afraid, or “not to fear” or “have courage” or “take heart” or “be of good cheer.”   Jesus takes our fears seriously. The one statement he made more than any other was this: don’t be afraid.”

We truly can relate that to any circumstance, any situation we face in our life.  Unhealthy fear is paralyzing.  It keeps us from moving forward into all the God has for us.  So when you feel like you’re heading into the ‘danger zone’ of fear.  Do a quick detour, go straight to Christ and remember His words, “Do not be afraid, for I am with you always.”

Ten Steps to Living One Day at a Time

Hep C Battle: Conquering Fear

Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly

Hepatitis C: Facing Fear

1. Richard s. August 18, 2017 at 10:04 am #

Good morning warriors, it is a beautiful cool morning at the beach, my perfect weather. May all of you have a blessed week. What Connie said today is so true. Only the Lord Jesus Christ takes away fear. Without Him I am nothing. God bless you all, Richard .

• Connie M August 18, 2017 at 12:11 pm #

Thank you for sharing today my friend. I’m so glad it’s cool and nice there. I can imagine the ocean breeze and how beautiful and tranquil it is. How are you feeling this week? Has the pain eased up any in your eye? I hope it has brought you relief.
      I’m keeping you close in my prayers each day.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We care about you.

• Richard s. August 18, 2017 at 12:54 pm #

Connie, my eye is slowly getting better. Back to UCLA in a week. My vision still is bad in my right eye. It is probably the anti rejection medicine I take for my liver transplant. I heal very slow. The beach is so peaceful. I think the ocean is the most beautiful place in the world. All the warriors are in my prayers. In Christ, Richard .

2. John Moore August 18, 2017 at 12:24 pm #

Greetings Richard and to all of you from sunny Northern Utah. Not as hot today as the past few weeks, record breaking temps every day last month. Is great to be alive though hot…….. I have the results back on my tumor problem, and it looks as though they are gone. Praise JESUS. Having the radiation treatment also bumped me up on the transplant list. I could be looking at a new liver as soon as November, and no longer out than a year from now. I’ve agreed to take a hepatic liver so things will progress rapidly. I hope that the Harvoni works again as well as it did the first go around. I do have those moments of fear an trepidation when I think about the process of the whole ordeal. When I start projecting what the operation will entail, my imagination kicks in to full swing. I have to fall back and regroup knowing that there really aren’t things that go bump in the night. Thank you LORD for your protecting hands. I may not know what the future holds but I know who holds my future. I love that quote. I can’t even grasp how terrible it would be to not have HIS everlasting arms to lean on. Pray for those who are lost and confused……

Peace and blessing’s to you all

GOD bless you and keep you

IHS
    John

• Connie M August 18, 2017 at 12:33 pm #

Hi John M.,
      Oh my friend, thank you for sharing your report. I am so happy for you. Praise God!! Congratulations on the results from radiation. Throwing a little virtual confetti your way today. I’m so glad you’re physicians are moving forward and increasing your MELD score to get a transplant. We will be praying in great detail for you. How often will you meet for test, blood work and exams now?

Please keep us posted on how things are going. We care about you my friend.

Cheering & Praying for you!

• John Moore August 21, 2017 at 3:23 pm #

I have a standing order at the hospital lab for my blood work. Every 3 months, CBC, full panel work up. I will meet with me doctor the 26th next month. I’m sure we will work out a game plan then.

Thanks for caring.

IHS
        John

• Richard s. August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm #

John, I use to get a blood work up every 30 days before the transplant, once they thought I might have liver cancer, as well as mri’s and cat scans. After the transplant it was blood tests every week for 1 year. As I said I was only a patient and not a doctor, but I still think you should go to the Mayo for a second opinion. Liver cancer should be taken extremely serious, in my opinion. God Bless you my friend, Richard .

• Richard s. August 18, 2017 at 12:46 pm #

John, praise the Lord that the radiation put you in remission. I believe your meld score increased because of your liver cancer and not the radiation treatment. Most insurance companies pay for a second opinion. If I am correct, I would consider the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. My friend a year is a long time to wait. Was on the list 13 years in California and 3 months in Florida. God bless you and I know the Lord Jesus Christ is watching over you. In Christ, Richard .