Welcome to “Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group” here at Life Beyond Hepatitis C. If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  Psalm 73:23

Jesus said, “Don’t be afraid. Take Courage, I am here.” Matthew 14:27 NLT

The reality of battling with fear is every bit as real as treatment itself.  We all have to deal with the ugly giant of fear. But staying in fear paralyzes us from moving forward. It’s time to draw our swords!

Last week I mentioned Max Lucado’s book, “Fearless” and how it helped prepare me for Hep C Treatment. I wanted to share another ‘rich nugget’ from Max’s book “Fearless” that speaks of courage.

“Fear never wrote a symphony or poem, negotiated a peace treaty, or cured a disease. Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry. Fear never saved a marriage or a business. Courage did that.  Faith did that. People who refused to consult or cower to their timidities did that.”

But fear itself? Fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors.  Wouldn’t it be great to walk out?

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.    Psalm 31:24 NKJV

I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.   Psalm 16:8 NIV

Rise Up and draw your sword Hep C Warrior and walk out!

What are you facing this week?

Facing Fear with Hepatitis C

Hope Beyond Hepatitis C

Hope with Hepatitis C

1. Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 10:10 am #

Good morning warriors, Connie is right we should not fear, because we have the Lord Jesus Christ on our side. Please pray for all the hep c warriors for good health and for the peace that only our Lord Jesus Christ can give. God Bless, Richard.

• Connie M August 11, 2017 at 10:52 am #

Thanks for sharing this morning. You always are such a great encourager. I hope today brings you ease of discomfort, rest and peace in your recovery from your eye surgery. Each week you are making more healing progress.

I’m keeping you in my prayers my friend.
      Hope you have a great day!

• Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm #

Connie, thank you my friend. It seems to be a very slow process. You are such a blessing to all of us. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M August 11, 2017 at 2:46 pm #

I wish this could all be over for you quickly. But healing is going on. I remember you mentioned the doctor said that because it’s the retina it takes a bit longer. Has the pain eased up some?

Praying for relief for you today.

• Connie M August 11, 2017 at 2:51 pm #

Richard,
          Maybe we need to load up Riley and a few sheep and donkey’s to send you’re way too. Though I don’t know what they’d think of the ocean. Riley would love it though, she LOVES water, even “my” bathtub…emphasis “my.” When I get in the tub, she wants in it too. It’s comical and though I love her dearly. I don’t love her in the tub with me at the same time. Life with Riley is truly adventurous.

Hope you begin to feel better soon my friend. I’ve been concerned about you.

• Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 9:47 pm #

Connie, before my springer spaniels passed away they use to love the water. They would jump in the swimming pool with me. Riley seems like an wonderful dog, a gift from God. In Christ, Richard.

2. Suzanne August 11, 2017 at 10:50 am #

Good Morning,

I hope you are recovering Richard and can certainly understand the “inconvenience” of eye surgery but do have praises to go along with that. The doctor was able to remove all the cancer and now am black, blue and swollen. He said he put 21 stitches around my eye. The pain really excelled yesterday and have begun taking pain meds. There is so much I cannot take so he wrote something safe for the liver. He finally got it that I am very proactive with my liver and have to be. I know each day will be better and am ready for it, but all in God’s time not mine.. I have always stressed the importance of having a church family and they have showered me with meals, visits, and get well cards. It seems like if one member is down the rest are there to help!

I have several warriors in my prayers and praying for healing for each one of them. This website is a wonderful place to get help and encouragement for Hepatitis C and what may follow. With support and prayers. God Bless Connie for achieving all she has in the name of Christ. May God Bless you.

• Connie M August 11, 2017 at 11:04 am #

I’m so glad they got all the cancer and now you have that part behind you. The healing is in the works! Each day you are getting more and more healing and progress. Just think, one day you’ll be able to look back on this time and be able to encourage others from it.

I’m sorry that your pain excelled yesterday. I hope today brings you more relief. Girl, you need a good Doris Day movie to watch with a few laughs, along with some ice tea (which makes everything better!) Well, this may not be your thing, but it’s a good one for me. Do I need to bring Riley girl up there to tickle your funny bone? Believe me you would either love her to pieces or want her to scram.

If Riley didn’t do the trick, I could bring you a sheep or donkey to love on. Hum!

Hope you feel better today my friend. I’m keeping you close in my prayers.

• Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 2:22 pm #

Suzanne, I am glad the operation is over and they got all the cancer. I continue to oray for a complete healing for you. God Bless, Richard.

3. Connie M August 11, 2017 at 11:13 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    I hope everyone is doing well today. I’m thinking of each one of you and all those who are reading. Jump in and let us know how you’re doing and what’s going on with you.

As I was thinking about our topic today on fear, I was reminded of a nugget I’ve read from Max’s book, Fearless, and “What would you do if you didn’t fear?” That’s a great thought provoking question we can all ask ourselves. The opposite of fear is peace. We know from God’s word our enemy (the devil) has come to try to rob us of our peace and the best way he does that is through fear. All throughout scripture we see the Lord telling us more than anything else, Do not fear, He is with us. That is so true. Yet our human focus is on fear and the “what if”—or what I fear.

What would you do if you didn’t fear? Would you live your life differently? Make different choices, Be filled with peace more and fear less?

May today you be fear less and filled with peace!
    Blessings dear friends,

4. April August 11, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

Good Afternoon Warriors,

I have not posted for a while, but am still reading the posts regularly. I’m praying for relief from eye pain and a quick reduction in swelling and a full healing, Richard and Suzanne. In the past I’ve had eye or eyelid infections and the pain was a major distraction. Recovering from eye surgery would feel many times worse.
    Connie, I would like a visit from your donkey! I’m an introvert and am bothered by fear too often. I would be a different person without fear, but that’s difficult to imagine.
    I’m still doing well, with normal blood tests. I continue to exercise daily, and I reached my goal of getting my Body Mass Index down to the normal range in early June. I’m no longer overweight but normal weight now, although not at my ideal weight because I still have too much fat in my middle. It took me half of last year and half of this year, and I’m very relieved that the hep c virus is gone.
    God bless you all,
    April

• Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 9:51 pm #

Thank you April. I am so happy that you no longer have hep c. I do wish I could loose some weight, at least 50 pounds. God Bless, Richard.

5. Jose August 11, 2017 at 3:06 pm #

God Bless Everyone!!

Hope you’re feeling better Richard. Suzanne, glad to hear they removed all the cancer. I’m sorry to hear about the pain you’re having, I’ll be praying for you.

Have a Blessed and Peaceful weekend everyone.

• Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 9:57 pm #

Jose, thank you for the kind words. I hope you are feeling ok. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace. All the hep c warriors are a blessing to me. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. He is are true strength. His bondservant, Richard.

6. April August 11, 2017 at 3:41 pm #

Hi Jose,
    I had hep c since childhood and wasn’t diagnosed until decades later in 2013. I didn’t feel sick, but I had swelling ankles and legs. When I finally sought medical treatment, I already had advanced cirrhosis. It was complicated with portal hypertension and variceal hemorrhage. I had a liver transplant in 2015.
    I’m glad you were diagnosed with hep c before your liver got damaged. Not everyone with hep c progresses to cirrhosis. I’m glad that you found out about it early because you can make healthy choices that will help your liver.
    God bless you,
    April

7. Richard s. August 11, 2017 at 10:02 pm #

April, as you may remember my story is very similar. From blood transfusion to hepatitis c to cirrhosis to liver cancer to transplant. It took 43 years, but because of it I came to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a miracle that only He could have done. God Bless, Richard.

8. John Moore August 15, 2017 at 1:50 pm #

Greetings to my Hep family
    I have good news to pass along, my tumors have vanished thanks to the healing touch of our Lord and savior, as well as the radiation. My blood showed me to be anemic, so the doc prescribed some iron. Also my MELD is up to 18 and climbing. The radiation treatment will count on my MELD, which means I will be bumped up to 26 or so which in turn will qualify me for a transplant as soon as a donor becomes available. Maybe as soon as November, but no longer than a year from now.

I thank you all for the prayer and support by just being here.
    In Christ’s name I pray for you all as well.

IHS
    John

• Connie M August 16, 2017 at 1:30 pm #

Hi John,
      I am so happy my friend to hear the tumors are gone. Praise God!!! This is fantastic news!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m glad the radiation will count toward your MELD score and insure you’re being on the transplant list. We will continue to pray for the Lord’s timing for your liver transplant and all that is involved. The Lord has got a hold of you John, don’t worry.

“Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Keep us posted on how you’re doing and how things are going.
      Prayerfully yours my friend,

• Richard s. August 17, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

John, God bless you. Please put pressure on the doctors regarding your transplant. I was happy to here that your tumors have gone into remission. Time is important. I can’t remember what transplant center you go to, but would still get a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic . Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for His mercy. His bondservant , Richard