~~~~~~~~~~~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.   Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

I’ve thought a lot about paths lately. I’m a gal who likes to know the plan. Yet I feel like my life is Under Construction.  I’m a work in progress. I like directions, good directions.  It helps me to feel, well, in control. Yikes, did I just admit that on paper!

But Hep C doesn’t work that way. It’s not like we can throw a lasso around it, wrestle it to the ground, hog tie it and we’re done.

It’s sometimes hard to see down the road with Hep C. That’s where faith and trust steps in. We don’t know what our future holds, but we do know WHO holds our future. That’s the key to getting through Hep C.

Earlier in the week the Lord placed this verse on my path.  He prepared me to find it.  He knew I needed it. The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.”  Psalm 32:8 NLT

Yesterday this song came on the radio and it spoke to my heart.  I hope it speaks to yours.

12 Diet Tips for Hepatitis C and Liver Disease

Hep C Treatment Mile Markers

10 Proactive Steps for Your Hep C Battle Plan

1. J.D. July 7, 2017 at 6:43 am #

Hello Connie, and all you amazing Warriors! Just dropped by to say a few words. I have a lot to do today…geez I didn’t know being retired would be so much work…lol.
    But I love to be busy.

My week has gone well even though I had to work on the 4th. I still had fun I love my part time job so that makes a big difference!
    In my journey with Life Beyond Hep C, I am doing well my blood work is now stable and my CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and CKD(Chronic Kidney Disease) are under control.
    As I look back, it almost seems like some strange dream, but I know it was not a dream. More like a nightmare. But it wasn’t that either….IT WAS MY REALITY!! And I had to deal with it. And with the help of my Lord & my faithful wife and the medical folks, I made it through!
    So just wanted to encourage those who are in the trenches right now, don’t give up, it may look dark now but things will be better.
    Hold on to the promises God has made to us in His Word! Even though you may not understand or it may not always make sense in your current situation, still HOLD ON God if FAITHFUL and I am here to TESTIFY!
    Well, I need to run folks time is flying by and I’m burning daylight! Got lots of “rat killing” to do as they say in Texas.
    Praying for you all,
    In Christ Jesus our Lord, King, Prince, Brother, Father and FRIEND!
    J.D. from N.C.

• James July 11, 2017 at 10:43 am #

I have finished 12 weeks of Epiclusa. 2 week off meds. . I am more depressed than when I started .. My relationship is failing .. I have know where to go .. The thought of losing my cats . ,my home .. Because someone hates being around me .. I’m just tired , I am very close to being homeless .. I just want to die peacefully. . I can’t go on ..

2. Connie M July 7, 2017 at 10:24 am #

Hi J.D.,
    It’s so good to hear from you my friend. I’m so happy you’ve got some wind in your sails and able to do some things you enjoy and stay busy. What a blessing! Praise God!! I’m so thankful for all He is doing in your life. You are one of our Hep C Hero’s who has come through so much. You are definitely hope with skin on. Such an inspiration to us all.

I relate to your enjoying being busy. I am very project oriented. I’ve learned over the years though with my workaholic tendencies, I have to put my busyness and projects on the shelf every now and then and take time for some RR in order to get a break. Then I always come back to work more refreshed and energized. Taking time to smell the roses is definitely an important lesson I’ve had to learn, and still learning. Very good for the body, soul and spirit.

I laughed when you said, “rat killing” because you’re right, we do say that alot here in Texas, or least my brother & I do.

Have a great day & weekend!
    Blessing my friend,

• J.D. from N.C. July 9, 2017 at 9:54 am #

Hey Amen Sister you are absolutely right, taking time to reflect and rest is very important. Even Jesus had to get away from the crowds once in awhile.
      Thank you for your encouragement. You are an inspiration to me too. You had every reason to be bitter and upset at people for the way you came by getting the virus. But you didn’t take that path, instead, you did what Jesus would do, you FORGAVE them and then turned around and started this website and what a seed you have sown here!!
      You are a shining light in this dark world of despair and disease. I am so grateful for you and Mr. Fix It for what you have done here to help others.
      God Bless you,
      J.D. from N.C.

3. Connie M July 7, 2017 at 10:27 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    Just wanted all of you to know I’m thinking of you today.
    Keeping each one of you close in my prayers.

Give us a shout out and let us know how you’re doing, if you have a question, or update your progress. We want to hear from you.

Blessings my friends,

4. Richard s. July 7, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

Good afternoon J.D., Connie, and all the warriors. Back at my house in the desert. It is hot,hot,hot. Over 110 for sure. Looking forward to going back to the beach next week and those cool 70 degree temperature. One thing about UCLA they are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to their patients. I have already had a number of nurses call me asking about ekgs and sleep study reports. Also my monthly blood tests for the last six months. Praise the Lord that I have such good doctors. I needed approvals from my cardiologists, hepatologists, sleep apnea doctor, and family practice doctor. I am glad they are so well prepared. We do have the best medical doctors in the world in the USA. May the Lord continue to protect America and guide our president.God bless you all with good health and a closer relationship with the one and only God Jesus Christ, Richard.

5. Riley July 7, 2017 at 7:20 pm #

Praise God, my friends and fellow warriors. Forgive me for swinging out of the loop somehow, with life’s changes. No excuses, right? No worries, either, I’m back!

I have a praise report that yesterday’s Endoscopy showed no varices which means I’m home free from that major procedure for another year. I could relate to what JD wrote about it all being a dream which passed; life is really like that. The major thing I’ve accomplished is becoming more involved in my local church and trying to learn Spanish. We have missionaries near Manila, and wow, what stories they have. An extra bag of rice is a luxury but they live for God.

JD, I’m glad you like your job, you are so upbeat, brother in Christ. Richard, it is wonderful that you are so happy in the CA clime; they do have excellent medical facilities.

My daughters are in the Bay Area, so that is my goal, to reunite with them. ‘Just need a whole lot of money to be able to do that, but God owns it all and can get it to me. I’m on a wait list for an apt. in Carmel.

Connie, bouquets of thank yous to you for always being there these past years, encouraging us and lifting us up with prayer, humor and inspiring Scriptures. Truly you live your calling and have been like the North Star.

Going through diagnosis, treatment and recovery of hep c was a huge BREAKING of my physical self in this world. But God uses our breakings. “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” KJV

Love to all, peace and happy summer to all,

Riley

• Connie M July 11, 2017 at 12:13 pm #

Hi Riley,
      So glad to hear from you. We’ve missed you girl. I have been wondering how things were going with you.
      It’s great to hear you endoscope showed no varices. Yayyyyy!!!

So happy that you’re learning Spanish. That is something I need to do badly. Living in Texas especially I should have learned Spanish in order to help others here but in my younger days I took French in school. French is a beautiful language that I love, but, it doesn’t help me much living in Texas. Learning Spanish is on my list for sure.
      A beautiful way to beable to communicate and reach out to others in Christ.

I know you are looking forward to joining your daughters. I pray the Lord will open a door for the means to make the move. All in His perfect timing.

Please keep us posted on how you’re doing. We always love to hear from you.

Blessing my friend,

6. Paul July 8, 2017 at 2:56 am #

I am very thankful that God watched over me and provided a path during the many years that I wrestled with the virus. It was not easy dealing with side effects from the virus and some of the early treatment programs were no picnic either, but God always helped me through it all. I’m so grateful God cleared me of the virus a couple of years ago so that I no longer need to be burdened with it. Just wanted to thank him and to encourage everyone to trust in the Lord as we walk through the challenges of life.

• Connie M July 11, 2017 at 12:17 pm #

Hi Paul,
      So happy to hear from you my friend. How are you feeling now? I hope you have your energy back and doing well.
      It’s always great to hear from those who have gone through the valley and now beyond Hep C. Such great encouragement and hope for others. Thank you for sharing. God has worked in a mighty way through your journey.

You are a blessing to us!
      Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We always love to hear from you.

7. J.D. from N.C. July 9, 2017 at 10:00 am #

Amen Brother Paul, I totally agree with your post. It has not been easy, but the Lord is faithful and give us the patience and faith to continue on.
    So glad to hear you have won the battle against the virus! Congratulations brother!!

Richard, I am so glad to hear that you have such excellent healthcare providers. I had some good ones too but not as good as yours. Mine don’t call to check on me lol.
    I pray you will continue to heal and get back to good health.

God Bless you all,