Help for Fighting the Hep C Giant

iStock_000018949465Small (1)

When the Hep C giant invades our lives it can be overwhelming.  Oppression can come in many forms but God is bigger than them all. Our problems NEVER outnumber God’s resources.

Just as a solider stands guard duty, attentive, watching for enemy encroachment, we have to stand guard, stay alert and self controlled with our thoughts and emotions.  Do not allow your emotions or thoughts to take you on a roller coaster ride of fear and the ‘what if’s.’ Do not let the Hep C giant take you down the road of hopelessness.

When I was preparing for Hep C treatment and especially when I was in treatment I spent time every day re-enforcing my armor.  I spent time each day reading in the Bible.  Psalm 18 is a chapter that brought me great encouragement and help. I refer to this has “the warrior’s chapter.”

Hep C treatment calls for perseverance, and endurance, not just physically be also mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  It was my mission to seek God daily for help and re-enforcement.  I leaned on Him for strength to help me accomplish what I could not do on my own.

Do you feel the Hep C giant invading your thoughts and zapping you of strength?  Head straight to re-enforcements.  It makes a big difference in battle.

Here’s a few nuggets of re-enforcements from Psalm 18, but the whole chapter is loaded!

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”  Psalm 18:2

“I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.”  Psalm 18:3

“ He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.”   Psalm 18:16-18

“You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”  Psalm 18:28

“With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.”  Psalm 18:29

Can you share how a verse or something that has helped you when you’re struggling?

Share your comments below.

More from God’s Word

Facing the Future with Hep C.

Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly.

Preparing for Hep C Treatment & Daily Battle: Mighty Tool for Hep C Warriors: Video

9 Responses to Help for Fighting the Hep C Giant

1. Mike H November 24, 2014 at 11:36 am #

Thanks for the reminder Connie! It was especially important for me to hear this because waiting for treatment is a dangerous time. By that I mean that I sometimes lose my focus on God and just live my life-there is always plenty to do.
    I am so thankful for this site, Connie, because my brothers and sisters in Christ will know exactly what I am talking about. Time away from our Lord is indeed dangerous and I want to thank you again for the reminder. By the way, if you could use another sinner on your prayer team, let me know.
    Mike H

• Connie M November 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm #

Hi Mike,
      Thank you for sharing today. It is always so good to hear how the Lord works in others lives. When I get overwhelmed with life, work, etc…it’s easy to feel depleted, in many ways. I find the best proactive step is to stop in my tracks and be still, pray, and have a listening heart, but also be active in seeking God’s wisdom and answers.

It would be an honor to have you on our Prayer Launch Team. I will be sending out an update tomorrow to the team for prayer.

Thank you again Mike for commenting today. The Lord used your comment as a confirmation to me over something I was praying about it.

2. wanda November 29, 2014 at 7:58 am #

Good day to you. I needed to tell you how much I appreciate your time and work you put into this. I have waited 15 years for a healing from Hep-C. Solvaldi came out. This would not make me depressed or weak. I could have lost my job taking the shots. For the 6 months I took it. I was energetic and fine. However I finished in October and am going through some sort of depression and weakness. I asked my Dr. what should I do to help my body change back to its normal state now that the treatment is finished. He said that was a good question but had no answer. I through that question out there on the net and there you were. Willing to help ones recover from this.
    God used you to reach out and I can not tell you in words how much I appreciate it. He is the answer. I only need to keep my eyes on Him.

So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

Father I don’t know this person or persons who gave my hope back to me but you do. Please Abba bless them in a mighty way so what they are giving helps millions more like me. In Jesus Name

3. http://www./ December 24, 2016 at 8:03 am #

Finding this post. It’s just a big piece of luck for me.

4. Lisa July 17, 2017 at 1:20 am #

My ex contracted hep c. A few of mine have passed away from hep c complications

• Connie M July 17, 2017 at 9:33 am #

Hi Lisa,
      Thank you for sharing this morning. I am so sorry so many loved ones and friends have passed away. It’s always hard to lose family and friends, it’s a terrible loss. I hope you’re ex is able to get treatment and the help he needs. If he has any questions or needs help with resources, etc… perhaps you can encourage him and let him know there is help. We are here.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. Richard s. July 17, 2017 at 9:50 am #

Good morning warriors, just want to tell everyone that God will meet all your needs through His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil 4 : 19. What a blessing you are Connie to all of us. I will make this short since my eye is bothering me from the retina surgery in Christ, Richard .

• Connie M July 18, 2017 at 12:28 pm #

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it especially knowing you are dealing with pain. I’m so sorry.
      All of us are keeping you close in prayer every day. You will get beyond this my friend.

Love & Blessings my friend,