~~~~~~~~~~~

In order to see beyond Hep C, no matter where you’re at, it’s important to remember how God has worked in the past.  Your past.  Take a look.  Look for the light that He gave you. Don’t allow adversity to overshadow God’s light. Look for His fingerprints, His footprints.

He was there working for you. He’s there for you right now also.  Even if you were in a dark place, He was there.  He’s still here. When adversity comes your way, remember who is right beside you.

I came across a flash from the past in my Hep C treatment journey from June 2012.  Wow, 5 years ago!  If you dare to pray, “Lord, show me your footprints,” it’s amazing what you’ll see.

I invite you to look at a snippet from my Hep C treatment back in June 2012, Hep C Treatment Journey Day 61: Adversity-Here’s the Door.

Today is day 61, week 8 of triple therapy treatment for Hepatitis C.  What do you do when progress is the name of the game and adversity tries to throw you a curve?  Keep focused and keep moving forward.

Be “unswering” (like Hebrews 10:23 talks about).  The definition of swerve is to turn abruptly aside from a straight course. So to be “unswering” is to hold fast, keep focused, stay the course, stand firm, overcome adversity.

“Let us hold unswering to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”  Hebrews 10:23

I say this today because adversity came knocking at my door this morning and delivered a package I did not want. I woke up to realize I was dealing with an infection.

So I jumped on it like a dog on a bone, called my doctor and described what was going on.  My doctor quickly responded, knew what the problem was and immediately called in some new medicine. I am so thankful God provided the help I needed.

The One I have faith in is bigger than adversity anyway.

Lord, help me to remember today that even though adversity came calling, I don’t have to go for a ride.  I’ll squeeze alittle tighter to your faithful hand.  My faith and focus is in you.

Facing the Future with Hep C

Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly

Hep C Treatment; 10 Factors Make a Difference with Side Effects

1. Mike H June 16, 2017 at 8:25 am #

Good morning Warriors!
    Greetings from the Canadia prairies! The Lord has blessed us with a pleasant and much-needed rain this morning.
    I have not posted much lately and thought I would check out LBHC with my coffee this morning. Thank you Connie for this message! The Lord’s footprints and fingerprints are all over my life! I tend to get busy especially this time of the year here on the farm. It is good to reflect on the Lord’s goodness.
    I am feeling very good and only see the doctor for my yearly check-ups in the fall. It has been 2 years since the Lord cured me using Harvoni. To all who are waiting for, or in treatment, rest in God’s assurance that all will be well!
    Mike H

• Connie M June 16, 2017 at 11:38 am #

Hi Mike,
      So good to hear from you my friend. Blow alittle Canadian coolness down to Texas. We are already beginning to experience our hot summer temps.
      Thank you for sharing your update and message. I’m so glad you’re feeling good and able to work on the farm. I know that is physical and it’s great you have the energy.
      2 years is a great mile marker, so many congrats!!! I remember when you were put on hold for quite a while and then finally the door opened up for you to get treatment. Now look, you’ve come through treatment, received the cure and on to enjoying life, all the while encouraging others. Such a great blessing!

You inspire us with God’s hope.

2. Debbie June 16, 2017 at 9:28 am #

Good morning
    I am also from the Canadian prairies.
    I will be starting Harvoni in the next month.
    Wondering those have have already had treatment did it make you more fatigued?
    I am concerned as I live alone and for the past 2 months I have been very fatigued.
    I am not sure how I will manage if I become even more fatigued .

• Connie M June 16, 2017 at 11:46 am #

Hi Debbie,
      Thanks for commenting today. You’ve asked a great question. Hep C treatment experience is a bit different for each patient, yet there are some common denominators. Fatigue is generally the most common of all treatment side effects. But in many cases, you may have alittle more fatigue in the beginning and then it gets better. Some patients have even reported feeling better and not experiencing hardly any fatigue. Then some patients have more fatigue than others. Be sure to drink alot of pure water to help hydrate you and flush your system. And try to stay out of hot temperatures and direct sun for too long, this is a zapper, especially on treatment. You can also take a B-12 tablet daily that dissolves on your tongue (for better absorption), this helps some with energy. Also be sure to get your vaccine for Hep A & B along with a flu shot. This will help guard you as well.

Be sure to let us know you’re start date when you find out.
      Feel free to ask questions. We’re here for you.

I’m keeping you in my prayers as you begin this healing journey toward the cure.

• Suzanne June 16, 2017 at 11:58 am #

Hi Debbie, Richard and Mike and our dear Connie,
      Well, I am jumping clear across the country to NC. Mike, it’s always good to hear from you and Richard also. Debbie, my husband took Harvoni and did well on it. He remained on the job and the fatigue was slight. I kept him well nourished with a bottle of water in his hand at all times. I kept good Vitamins close especially B Complex, Ester C for the immune system, even threw in some B-12 while on treatment with our doctor’s approval. You will be taking the best of the best drug in my opinion and would suggest making meals in advance and freeze them, get out a journal because writing was so helpful for me. I would also reach out to a church family in the area. Never be afraid of telling others you have Hep C. You will need a good solid support system and we are here for you. There is a lot of good information on this website. I would go on and check with your doctor about taking a Vitamin B whether it be complex or B-12 and you will have it in your system when you begin.

I had a steroidal injection yesterday and did not sleep at all. Steroids do this to me and next time will have it first thing in the morning instead of late afternoon.

God Bless you all.

• Janis June 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm #

Hi everyone,

I just returned to Texas this week from the California coast where it was in the 60’s and 70’s everyday. I’m looking to relocate myself and returning to 100 degree days is a great motivator.
      I am slowly having more “better and better” hours and days since I finished treatment at the end of February. I was able to do fairly well the past couple of weeks having energy to expend while driving all over looking for property and being with friends. I am so grateful.
      Debbie, the fatigue and insomnia I had related to the hep was extreme and I had the same concern as you have expressed about starting medication and living alone. I was fearful I would not be able to care for myself alone. I was prescribed Epclusa, not Harvoni but I did not have any problems ever with the symptoms intensifying when I started treatment.
      I did what Connie and Suzanne have suggested here. Lots and lots and lots of water, vitamins especially C and Bcomplex. I also had access to B12 injections which I liked being able to have.. I ate small amount during the day and did the make and freeze thing in advance as well
      Thank you so much Connie for continued inspiration.
      Blessings to all of us
      And I made sure I got enough healthy calories in. I had anorexia for the prior year and knew that my diet would have to be good during treatment as well…

3. Richard s. June 16, 2017 at 11:06 am #

Good morning warriors from California. Debbie, I can’t speak for Harvoni, however I did feel fatigued with solvaldi, olysio , and ribavirin. However, it probably was more related to the liver transplant or my afib. Compared to the other medicines Harvoni is mild. Keep in the Word and cast you anxieties onto Jesus. You will make it. One day at a time. In Christ, Richard .

• Connie M June 16, 2017 at 11:50 am #

Thank you for sharing your treatment experience with fatigue today. It’s so important to share our journey with others. I remember when I went through my treatments, there was no one to talk to about it.
      We can rally around each other and offer help and encouragement for sure. Thank you for sharing the gift of encouragement to others. You are one of our Hep C Hero’s!

Hope you are having a good day out West.

• Richard s. June 16, 2017 at 1:13 pm #

Good afternoon Connie, Suzanne. I just finished my walk along the beach. It is 75 and sunny. Bless you all with good health and a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. God Bless, Richard .

4. Jose June 16, 2017 at 11:46 am #

Good Morning Everybody

I am still waiting for treatment? Thanks Mike H for your post and kind words of encouragement. Good Luck and God Bless You Debbie, you are not alone God is right beside you. It will be just be me and God if I ever get treatment? I’ll be praying for you.

God Bless Everyone

• Connie M June 16, 2017 at 11:54 am #

Hi Jose,
      So good to hear from you today. I know it’s hard to wait for treatment. I’ve been there as well as so many others here. But the right time will come. I am reminded today, I will say of the Lord, “He is refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:2 NIV A great declaration for each day.

Let us know how you’re feeling.
      I’m keeping you in my prayers each day.

• Jose June 16, 2017 at 3:54 pm #

Hi Connie.

I guess I’m part of the Hep C Warriors “Reserves” just waiting to be deployed?? Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate what you do for everyone. Thanks Suzanne for your prayers.

God Bless Everyone,

• Suzanne June 16, 2017 at 12:04 pm #

Hi Jose,
      I didn’t see your post but hope you are doing well. I am glad to see you are participating in the Friday forum. This is a wonderful group that love the Lord and have many testimonies on the subject of Hepatitis C. I am still praying for you and hope things are beginning to settle with you.

God Bless you!

5. Janis June 16, 2017 at 1:44 pm #

I was walking on the soiuthern California beachs just this past Monday, I’m feelin your enjoyment. God Bless.
    Janis

• Connie M June 17, 2017 at 1:14 pm #

Hi Janis,
      How are you feeling this week?
      Hope you are getting some wind in your sails.

Continued prayers for you.

6. Richard s. June 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm #

Thanks Janis, I feel much better in the cool weather. God Blesss, Richard

7. Janis June 18, 2017 at 3:38 pm #

Hi Connie,
    I am fairly depleted after venturing out on a 10 day “working” trip and constant interaction with the world and then friends in the evening. But I haven’t ended up in bed or on the couch either. I am very encouraged that my body is healing and am following everyone’s directives regarding having patience with my body and continued symptoms of fatigue and other issues that are still having peaks and valleys but not as steep and deep!

Many blessings and have a wonderful week
    God Bless,