Battling Hepatitis C

Do you ever feel alone in your battle with Hepatitis C?  There can be overwhelming days when you may feel alone, but you’re not really alone.  Support with Hepatitis C can come in many forms; Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group is an awesome support group where friends who have never met face to face, but know the battle so well, come together each week to support, encourage and be there for one another.

Support comes in many other forms as well, from people who personally know your battle, to the smile from a stranger who doesn’t even know your name or what you’re going through.

But the best support of all when the world walks out and goes to sleep is with our Heavenly Father who is always presentyou are never alone.  Ever!  Even when you sleep, He watches over you.

“He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber.”  Psalm 121:3 NIV

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV

I faced a situation the other day where I had to step out of my comfort zone and do something new. Much like Peter stepping out of the boat so He could do something He could never do on his own, but focused on Christ, he stepped out of his comfort zone.

The thought flashed across my mind, “stepping out of my comfort zone makes me feel alone.”  I knew in reality the enemy was baiting me to take the hook and place negative thoughts of “I can’t do this” this in my mind.  Rubbish!  I knew I was not alone and God had opened this door and with Him by my side, I could step through it with confidence.

I remember experiencing these same feelings when I was stepping into Hep C treatment and when “ugly” days showed up in treatment, so did Christ.  Now being on the other side of treatment and recovery, I can look back and see so clearly God’s footprints and the days He carried me to get me beyond troubled waters.

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.” Psalm 138:7 NIV

“I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”  Psalm 32:8 NLT

As I shared my feelings with Mr. Fix-It about stepping out of my comfort zone, he gave me a huge piece of advice, “Just Show Up, and leave the rest to God.”  As I prayed prior to stepping into my new venture, “Lord, here I am, I’ve showed up, and I know you are right here with me, no matter what, I can do this with you.”

But Jesus spoke to them at once, “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take Courage.  I am here.”  Matthew 14:27 NLT

What about you, do you ever face days feeling alone in your battle with Hep C?  You can pray this same prayer, “Lord, here I am, I’ve showed up, and I know you are right here with me, no matter what, I can do this with you.”

So how about you, do you ever face days of feeling alone in your battle with Hepatitis C?

Share your comments below.

Hope with Hep C Diagnosis.

Facing the Future with Hep C.

Hep C Battle; Conquering Fear

6 Responses to Battling Hepatitis C

1. Richard s. June 12, 2017 at 3:15 pm #

Good article as always Connie. We are never alone because we have the Holy Spirit in are heart. Thank you my friend. God bless all the hep c warriors with good health. In Christ, Richard.

• Connie M June 12, 2017 at 3:21 pm #

I appreciate you’re sharing today and letting met know you liked the article. I hope you found it helpful even though you are beyond Hep C. We all face times of feeling alone or out of our comfort zone and need to be reminded with Christ we can do all things through him who gives us strength.

Hope you are having a good day!
      Many Blessings my friend,

2. Hernando June 13, 2017 at 7:22 am #

Good morning Connie, Richard and all my fellow warriors. Great article. Acceptance is the answer to all my problems. When I choose to ignore that fact I feel abandoned and alone. I fall to doubt and forget that Jesus is always with me, specially in my desert experiences. I allow fear to creep into my thoughts cutting myself off from the light of the Spirit. Then I feel guilty because I realize that Jesus did not move. I did. All I have to do is go back to the Lord and he is there with open arms to welcome me home. Praise my Lord who cast away my sins as far as the east is from the west. I have to turn back to the Lord, the giver of life. In Peter’s words; ” Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. John 6:68. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

3. Richard s. June 13, 2017 at 9:07 am #

Thank you Hernando, you speak truth.

4. James June 14, 2017 at 6:04 pm #

I have 1 month left to finish my 12 week Epclusa treatment ,, The Headaches & Burning sensations in my Legs, & Back. Are uncomfortable. Still .. The Scarier part is hoping the Hep B. Doesn’t return. For that I will have to have routine Blood work .. For the next year .. I have abstained from all Alcohol & Drugs .. Other than ibuprofen. I have never taken drugs for Depression. .which I know I have .. Just hoping for the best . I m 64. I hope I have some time to enjoy things like Traveling …Im thankful for what I have .. & fortunately was able to get Treatment. At no cost ..through the Hep C. & Liver transplant Dept. At Hanneman Hosp. in Philly .. . my message for those waiting .. Don’t give up .. Stop Drinking . doing Drugs.. Stop sharing needles , there is Help. I had nothing .. They helped me .. Just have faith .. And count your blessing .. And be Grateful …from the ❤ J.R.

5. Brenda June 27, 2017 at 8:43 am #

Hello, I am so appreciative of finding your site.I just found you today. I have been looking for something Christian based. I have been battling Hep C for the last year since I found out. Well actually I have been battling it longer, like 40 years, but I just did not know I had it. My doctor randomly ordered the test. Got it from a blood transfusion after the birth of my first child. I have never done drugs and have lived a clean life. I am fortunate as I am now on Harvoni at the present time. What a battle to get it as my liver was not severly affected. I have felt so alone in my battle because I am the only person I know who has it as I live in rural Ohio. I have felt the terrible stigma associated with the disease. But my heavenly father has been with me and for that I am so grateful. God Bless you for doing this. It is so Helpful! ~Brenda