~~~~~~~~~~~~

Going to the Cross Moments

Last week I was dealing with a difficult situation, something I did not want to do, actually dreading it.   The dictionary describes dread by anticipating with anxiety or reluctance. You know the feeling?  The more I mulled it over and over in my mind, the greater the dread.  Oh, if I could only skip over this episode!  But I had it to do.  I prayed for God to show me a way to get through this with a better attitude.

As I was driving I turned on my radio to a Christian station and heard a man talk about “those going to the cross moments in our lives.” My ears perked up.  I thought how Christ had prayed in the Garden for this cup to be taken away yet not his will but the Father’s will be done.  It says in Luke 22, “being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.”  Luke 22:42-44. NIV

I thought how Christ being part human felt the heavy weight of dread upon him, yet He gave over His will and sacrifice for us.  He was obedient out of love.  If Christ could do that, my difficult situation did not even hold a candle to it.

In this life we will face many times over “those going to the cross moments.”  But just as Christ was not alone, He drew strength from the Father, so do we.  Our strength to face tough times comes from Him.  All it takes is coming to Him and asking.  He can help us do what we could not do on our own.

I had an attitude change toward my situation and faced it completely different and you know what, it wasn’t near as bad as I made it out in my mind to be.  God got me through it.

In much the same way I dreaded my Hep C Treatment, yet I knew on the other side, no matter what I had to go through there was going to be victory. It was definitely one of “those going to the cross moments” in my life, ever felt that way?

Here we are on this special weekend of Easter and today is Good Friday.  If you are faced with a difficult situation right now I hope you’ll allow God to help you with your “going to the cross moment.” He knows exactly how you feel, He’s been there. Take a moment to think about how He went to the cross for you and what He went through.  God promises victory on the other side of difficulty, no matter what the circumstances, He is there!

How to Live Beyond Hepatitis C.

Living with Hep C; He Hears My Voice.

Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly.

Hep C Battle; Conquering Fear.

1. Richard s. April 14, 2017 at 9:55 am #

May all the warriors have a blessed Good Friday and Easter. In a couple hours I am getting ready to go to one of my cardiologists . I will ask him about a good neurologist in the area. I had posted the other day that I was in the hospital this week for four days. First they thought I had a stroke, then a blood clot. I had neither. Praise the Lord. I had 3 mri’s ,but they couldn’t figure it out. I can really relate to Connie about treatment. I still remember that regular interferon, the medicine from hell. God bless Gilead that we actually have medicine that works with few side effects. On Monday I will go see a retina specialist to see about my eye. God bless you all with good health. In Christ, Richard .

• Connie M April 14, 2017 at 10:31 am #

Thanks so much for sharing this morning. Oh my friend, I am relieved to hear this was not a stroke or blood clot. You are being very proactive with following up and seeking out a good neurologist. Keep us posted on how you’re doing and how you’re appointment goes. I’ll be keeping you in prayer about the situation with your eye as well.
      You have certainly had and still have those going to the cross moments, but you face them with strength and courage. You are an inspiring soul.

Keep us posted.
      Prayers & Blessings to you my friend,

2. Connie M April 14, 2017 at 10:36 am #

Howdy Hep C Warriors,
    I’m thinking of all of you today. I hope each of you are doing well this week.
    Enjoy this special day and weekend as we remember the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the Father toward us.

‘”May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 NIV

Please shout out and let us know how you’re doing.

Blessings my friends,

• Hernando April 14, 2017 at 3:22 pm #

Hello fellow warriors. As always you are all in my prayers. Sorry for my absence. Dealing with some issues with my health. Have a wonderful Easter. May the risen Lord guide and protect you all. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

3. Margaret Polino Nicholas April 14, 2017 at 11:15 am #

Dearest Connie,
    Such an encouraging song! I hope everyone enjoys this blessed weekend and Easter Sunday.
    I am going to have a second back surgery in May. I do request prayer,please.
    All my love to you and the group
    Margee

• Connie M April 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm #

Hi Margee,
      I appreciate you’re sharing today.
      Thanks for letting us know about your back surgery. We will certainly be praying for you.
      Please keep us posted on how you’re doing. We care about you.

Have a Blessed Easter!

• Richard s. April 14, 2017 at 5:50 pm #

God bless you Margaret, my prayers are with you. In Christ, Richard .

4. Suzanne April 14, 2017 at 12:42 pm #

Hello Warriors,
    I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter and the thought for my day has been Jesus took the nails for us that will enable us to have everlasting life with our sins wiped away that is so powerful.

Richard, I have been praying for you and was beginning to get concerned about you. I am sorry you had to go through all that and can be challenging but sounds like you came out on top. Good luck with your eye appointment as well as seeking out a neurologist.

God Bless,

• Connie M April 14, 2017 at 4:50 pm #

Thanks for sharing today. Thank for the beautiful reminder of Jesus sacrifice. It is so moving to think all He has and continues to do in our lives every moment.

I hope you and Mark have a very Blessed Easter!

Hope you are recovery well from your surgery.
      Keep us posted on how you’re doing.

• Richard s. April 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm #

Dear Suzanne, thank you my friend. My cardiologist gave me the name of six neurologists in Newport. They all accept my insurance. Praise the Lord. You are always in my prayers. We can never give up, but it is hard sometimes. I know that my Lord Jesus has brought me this far for a purpose. I cannot disappoint my Savior. You and Connie are such a blessing to all of us. Get well from your surgery. We are the most blessed people in the world. We have Jesus. In Christ, Richard .

5. Hernando April 14, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

6. Hernando April 14, 2017 at 3:23 pm #

7. Connie M April 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm #

This is from Hernando,

• Connie M April 14, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

Hi Hernando,
      Oh no, I’m so sorry my friend. I didn’t realize this problem was still going on. I’ll see what I can find out.
      Thanks for letting me know.

What’s happening with your health? We’re concerned about you.
      Please keep us posted.

You are in my prayers each day.

Hope you and your family have a Blessed Easter!

• Richard s. April 14, 2017 at 6:08 pm #

Brother Hernando, I am always looking for you on the website. I can relate very closely to you. I praise the Lord that I was able to get a liver transplant and stop the cancer like you, but I never realized what a full time job it is after the transplant just trying to take care of onself. May the Lord bless you greatly this Easter. My prayers are with you. Your faith is strong. We will overcome. God Bless, Richard .

8. Janis April 16, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone. I was traveling this past week and am sitting in the airport this Easter day waiting for my flight to return home late tonight. It’s been a year since I traveled anywhere and this 5 day trip has been a lot. But I couldn’t have done 1 day 6 months ago. God has truly blessed me with continued healing.
    My prayers are with you Richard and Suzanne, Margaret and Connie.
    Blessings
    Janis

• Connie M April 17, 2017 at 10:48 am #

Hi Janis,
      Happy Easter to you as well. How awesome that you’ve been able to go on a trip. You’ve done great through your journey and treatment recovery.

So happy for you my friend.
      Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We always love to hear from you.

9. Richard s. April 17, 2017 at 8:07 am #

Thank you Janis, those prayers are important. I need them my friend. Happy Easter and God Bless, Richard .

10. Connie M April 17, 2017 at 5:40 pm #

This is from Donna,

Hi all, I am new to this Forum. I was diagnoses with Hep C in 2003 and am just now going through treatment, my last blood work showed Hep C clear. I will finish treatment April 28, after 3 mos I will do more blood work. I am so thankful. My verse during my treatment was and is (For with God nothing is impossible) I believe that is Luke 1:37. God Bless All Of you.

11. Connie M April 17, 2017 at 5:41 pm #

Hi Donna,
    Welcome to Hep C Warriors Support Group! Congratulations my friend on your outstanding Hep C treatment mile marker and your results. So happy for you. You are at the threshold of the finish line and I’m cheering loudly for you my friend. It’s a glorious feeling seeing the summit.

Luke 1:37 is one of my favorite scriptures. It certainly is a great one for Hep C Warriors.

We’re so glad you’ve joined us. How are you feeling? Have you been experiencing any side effects?
    Please keep us posted on how you’re doing.

We’re praying and cheering for you each step of the way and through recovery.

I’m going to repost your comment on the current page (April 14th) and we start over our updates each Friday so be sure to share again this Friday April 21st. Here is the link for the April 14th support group page. https://www.lifebeyondhepatitisc.com/2017/04/hep-c-warriors-friday-forum-support-group-205/#comment-764816

Talk to you soon.