~~~~~~~~~~~~

This month is a very special Mile Marker for me.  It was 5 years ago April 9th 2012 that I began my 3rd and final Hep C triple therapy which resulted in going Non-Detected for the virus in the first 4 weeks. I completed treatment in 6 months and that was considered short back then, when standard treatment time was 11 months.

I have remained Non-Detected for the virus and celebrating 5 years of post treatment and being CURED!  Woo Hoo!!!!!  It was a long journey that lasted 25 years but God truly had his hand on me the whole way.  I am eternally thankful and give Him all the credit.

I had my final visit for post Hep C with my doctor who I have been seeing since the beginning of time (hahaha), well at least it feels like it. Hope you checked out 5 Years Beyond Hep C.

Like many of you who have done treatment and later experienced the thought, “What if I’m not really clear of the virus” “What if Hep C comes back?”  Those thoughts came through my mind as well. But here’s how I look at that.  I refused to dwell on worry and fear.  Whenever worry or fear try to rear their ugly heads I keep my focus on God’s word that says, “Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you” 1 Peter 5:7 NIV

The Lord is with me; he is my helper.  I will look in triumph on my enemies.  Psalm 118:7 NIV

Hep C bags have been booted out the door.  It’s toast! The Hep C giant is dead!  Since the new treatment came to town, aka (Big Guns), the chance of any virus cells surviving is so small. Not to say it couldn’t happen, but the percentage is very low, less than 1%.

You can’t move forward while looking back. Don’t waste your time and energy looking over your shoulder and worrying about something you can’t control.  It’s in God’s hands, not ours.  Not that I would ever want to go at it again, but if for some rare reason it should ever decide to show its ugly face again, you know what we’ll do?  We’ll roll up our sleeves and get out the Big Guns and go at it. Hep C does not get to write the end of the story, nada!

Life is precious and we need to spend our time living in the present, not the past or even fearful of the future.  I look at this time of my life as a new beginning.  I am celebrating LIFE and I hope no matter where you are in your fight with Hep C you can celebrate all the good things that God is doing.  God’s fingerprints are all over your life my friends, and He’s not letting go. Regardless of what comes into our lives, He is our constant!

I hope you check out this video. I think you’ll relate as a Hep C Warrior. I certainly have lived this message.

What are you thankful for? I’d love to hear from you.

If you care to read more of Connie’s treatment journey, see the Archives (April 9, 2012 to Sept 23, 2012 )and beyond in recovery. Archives are located at the bottom of the Home Page in the dark green box.

Connie’s Triple Therapy Day 1 April 9,2012.

Letting Others Help; The Value of Hep C Warriors Support.

Living with Hep C; He Hears My Voice.

1. Margaret Polino Nicholas April 21, 2017 at 5:43 am #

Dear connie,
    Hooray!!! I am so happy for you! I am not at 5 years yet. Also, I too wonder ,sometimes,if it will be back. Not much more news on this end.
    Have a wonderful day💕
    Margee

2. Beth April 21, 2017 at 7:42 am #

Good Morning everyone!!
    Congratulations Connie!
    I started treatment in February 2014, 12 weeks of Sovaldi, Ribavarin and Interferon.. I went to my 3 year post treatment appointment on April 19th, and my Dr officallly discharged me and said I cleared the virus and cured!! It was an exciting yet emotional day!
    Have a blessed Friday everyone!
    Beth

• Suzanne April 21, 2017 at 8:06 am #

Hi Beth,
      Great to hear from you. I remember well you being on the same regimen as me. I hope you are doing well and sure miss your posts.

God Bless you,

• Beth April 21, 2017 at 8:21 am #

Good morning Suzanne! Thank you you are so sweet Yes it’s beeen awhile since I posted on here, but I’m on here everyday reading and thinking about everyone ! Suzanne I hope you are doing well and have a fantastic Friday!!
        Blessings to you
        Beth

3. Suzanne April 21, 2017 at 8:01 am #

Good Morning Margee,
    It looks as though we are the 2 early risers. It is a beautiful day in NC which gives me the Q I have more flowers to plant but might push it out to tomorrow. I am tired from running all day yesterday.

Connie, what a joy you are and 5 years is quite an accomplishment and even more so beginning this website. Where would we all be without you cheering us on; keeping us focused and last but not least the love and encouragement you show each individual person is such a blessing. Connie you would post scripture, music for us to focus on instead of the treatment we were going through and for me having scripture posted each day was a gentle reminder that God loved me and I loved him as well. “Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and all your strength.” Mark 12:30

I hope everyone is doing well and always praying for the warriors that are struggling in anyway.

4. Hernando April 21, 2017 at 8:20 am #

Good morning my valiant fellow warriors. Congratulations Connie, Margee, Beth and all those that are celebrating a virus free life. After living with HepC for so many years and all the failed treatments it is truly awesome to have slayed the giant. Connie I love that you said that God’s fingerprints are all over our lives. I know that we are blessed with the miracle of great gifts poorly wrapped. We have been led to a closer walk with our Lord Jesus Christ. Today our experience bears witness to his strength, his love and his way of life. We are the carriers of the message that God is good always! The Lord will meet you where you are in your journey to guide and sustain you.

Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

5. Christine April 21, 2017 at 9:58 am #

Hi everyone
    I have been so busy recently that l have had little opportunity to post anything….

Praise be to God!
    I could never have worked the hours l have been working if He had not freed me from this virus.
    What a blessing.
    I look back on my fear and anxiety on being diagnosed.
    If only l had seen the full picture.
    He provided in a miraculous way and l thank Him for showing me how l cannot take my health for granted and how during those darkest days l clung to His word.
    None of us know what tomorrow will bring.
    Let us live for today and reach others with the glorious gospel.
    We are His vessels and God has given us another platform from which to reach out with His love.
    Thank you Connie for your ministry.

6. Donna W April 21, 2017 at 10:15 am #

Good Morning I am new to this site, I am so awed by all of the strength and caring for each other and God That is truly a blessing.
    I will be starting my last week tomorrow, I finish treatment on April 28th. My treatment was / is not as hard as most of yours. I was blessed to be able to be treated with Harvoni (8 weeks). I went for my blood work one month into treatment and showing no viral load. Had some side effects but nothing major (thank you Lord). Now concentrating on being healthy and helping my liver to heal (stage 3 fibrosis). I know that with Good All Things Are Possible. The Glory goes to God. Congratulations to all who have cleared and God Bless.

Connie you are an inspiration.

• Suzanne April 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm #

Hi Donna,
      I am so happy for you and you are so fortunate to have been on Harvoni for 8 weeks. These treatments and treatment times are getting better daily. Yes, you are right about taking care of your liver and that is a must. My husband was on Harvoni and took him about a month to be a 100% but was worth it. His main complaint was fatigue. I am glad you found this website because it truly has been a life saver for me. It all started with the prayer request to Connie and here I am still reaching out over 3 years later!

Brother Hernando and Richard so glad to see your posts today and a lot of prayers coming your way. I have fully recuperated from the skin cancer so this summer as much as I love my beach trips with Mark I will have to really shy away from the sun!

Christine good to hear from you as well; you have come a long way with the help of God. god Bless you!

7. Donna April 21, 2017 at 10:17 am #

I know that with God All Things Are Possible. Typing not so great today.

8. Richard s. April 21, 2017 at 11:40 am #

Good morning Suzanne, Hernando,Beth, Margaret, and a new member Donna. Of course a special hello to Our spiritual warrior Connie. Praise the Lord for another beautiful day in Newport Beach. The temperature today is going to be 80. Very warm for the beach. I have finally overcome my cold which I caught in the hospital, definitely a place to stay out of. May Jesus Christ bless you all greatly. His bondservant, Richard .

9. Richard s. April 21, 2017 at 11:43 am #

A special hello to Christine . God be with you all, Richard .

10. donna w April 22, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

Hi I would like to know if anyone knows about non-toxic cleaning supplies, all purpose cleaners, dish detergent etc. I bought some seventh generation cleaners and am wondering if these are good. I would appreciate all the help I could get on these cleaners. Thanks in advance, have a wonderful day and God bless..

11. Donna W. April 22, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

• Suzanne April 22, 2017 at 5:12 pm #

Donna,
      I have seen those at Lowes Home and Garden. I am sure if you went online you could possibly find some there or even order them via internet. I hope this was some help. Also, check the ‘finer” grocery stores so to speak like Wholes Food which is in NC. Good luck with your search.

God Bless you,

• Donna W April 23, 2017 at 4:33 pm #

Suzanne, thanks for the information!