Looking for Combo Sovaldi and Olysio Hep C Treatment Experiences

iStock_000021811567Small (1) copy

I am looking for Hep C patients who have done or currently doing combo Hep C treatment with Sovaldi and Olysio or in a Clinical Trial using a new combination treatment without Interferon.

A great many patients contact me needing information for treatment without interferon. This year we have seen a break through with the first treatment options without interferon using Sovaldi and Olysio and Sovaldi and Ribavirin.  We are also seeing breakthrough Clinical Trials without Interferon.

If you would be willing to share your treatment story with this combo treatment it would be a great help to other Hep C patients and their families. Hearing your story may be the hand of help someone else needs.  Your story is important.  Your story matters!

Do you remember what it was like when you were first diagnosed with Hep C?  Trying to find treatment information?  Looking for hope? Needing to find out what another patient’s experience was like? Or perhaps prior treatment did not work for you and now you’re looking for treatment answers without interferon.

Sharing our Hep C treatment experience is a huge help to others who need hope and information. I hope and pray you will consider sharing your treatment story.

If you or a loved one are dealing with Hep C, YOU are a Hep C giant killer and a Hep C Warrior!  Hep C patients do not have to suffer in silence with this disease.  I hope you will pray and consider sharing your Hep C story.  Hearing your story, may be the one that helps someone get tested, find the courage to do treatment, and point to the hope we have in Jesus Christ.

If you would be interested in sharing your treatment experience with Sovaldi and Olysio or your Clinical Trial treatment experience without Interferon, please comment below or contact me, Connie@lifebeyondhepatitisc.com.   Thank you for reaching out!

Do you have questions about Hep C treatment?  Has reading someone’s Hep C treatment experience helped you?  We’d love to hear your comments.

Read Other Hep C Patients Stories under Treatment Journey and Connie’s Hep C Treatment Experience in April-September 2012 in the Archives located at the bottom of the web page.  Also see Connie’s Treatment & Post Treatment Video’s.

More to read:

1. Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly.
  2. Journey Through Hep C as a Survivor.
  3. Letting Others Help: The Value of Hep C Warriors Support.
  4. Facing Fear with Hepatitis C.

133 Responses to Looking for Combo Sovaldi and Olysio Hep C Treatment Experiences

1. Donna July 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

Connie,
    I am currently on Sovaldi/Olysio. Started 6/15/14.
    Donna

• Connie M July 2, 2014 at 2:24 pm #

Hi Donna,
      Thank you so much for sharing. I will be contacting you with more information about sharing your story.

You are in my prayers!

• khan gul June 11, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

i need sovaldi cap 400 mg for patient of hep c in pakistan . how i get it plz help me thanks.

• Connie M June 11, 2015 at 5:09 pm #

Hello Khan Gul,
          Hep C treatment meds cannot be sold outright. They can only be obtained with your physicians prescription and through a pharmacy in the country where the treatment has been approved for use.

Here is some information for the process of getting treatment meds in Pakistan. But you should consult with your physician for the proper method and treatment which is best suited for you. ALL patients should be monitored while taking Hep C treatment and recovery. This is dangerous otherwise.

You may also consult the Hepatitis World Alliance for additional information for your area:

Please consult your doctor before moving forward with this information.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing.
          You & your family will be in our prayers.
          God Bless,

• monta sue rowe July 8, 2014 at 12:46 am #

Hello Connie!
      I am currently and desperately searching for the new drug treatment for my Hep C. I do not want the triple drug treatment, Interferon, Ribavirin, and Sovaldi and so far that is all that is being offered to me. I’m told that the FDA has not approved the S/O combo yet. Therefore, my doctor will not prescribe the Sovaldi/Olysio combo for me. She wants me on the above mentioned therapy and I cannot make myself do this. I am terribly frightened of the severe side effects associated with Interferon and/or Ribavirin.
      My question is how are all these folks getting this new treatment regime and how does one get prescribed these particular drugs? What doctor or where is there a clinic that is treating Hep C patients with the new treatment?
      Please help me if you can with this information, as I am beginning to become desperate for relief from this terrible virus that I have had probably 20-30 years!
      I know the love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and have been blessed by the Holy Spirit in many ways. I will not give up on my quest to be well. God bless you.

God bless us, everyone!
      Monta

• Connie M July 8, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

Hi Monta,
        Thank you for writing and asking about the treatment combo of Sovaldi & Olysio. The combo treatment is currently considered off label because the FDA has not officially approved the two drugs to be used together, but they each are approved for treatment for Hep C. It was found in clinical trials this combo treatment is highly effective for patients who cannot tolerate interferon and/or ribavirin. This combo treatment is under review from the FDA.

Some insurance companies are approving it. Some patients get partial approval and receive financial assistance for the other. Your doctor though would have to approve this treatment for you and perhaps need to write a letter of medical need to the insurance company explaining your need for this treatment verus the other that is available. If your doctor is recommending something else, then you either need to take their advice or get a second opinion from another doctor.

I am sorry I do not have information regarding which clinic’s and doctors are prescribing this combo treatment. Coming this Fall in October will be another new treatment combo with Sovaldi without Interferon that has a very high cure rate. Other brand new treatments without Interferon are soon to be released later this year and into next year. So depending on your genotype, viral load count, and liver condition, you might discuss these other options with your physician.

I hope this information is helpful. Hang in there. Approval on this combination treatment as well as others are right around the corner.

• Susan C October 9, 2014 at 2:41 pm #

I have just completed 12 weeks of Sovaldi/Olysio combination treatment. I measured undetected blood work after week 4. I started with over 8 million reading. I could not take ribavirin or interferon because of advanced kidney disease caused from the Hep C. My doctor is from UCLA in Los Angeles, CA. He was the first one that I encountered who understood that I could not take the standard of care, I would not survive. This doctor teamed with a pharmacy that specializes in this and challenged my insurance co. They finally agreed to pay after a long fight. I can say cured in six months from today if I maintain SVR. After that I must take care of what is left of my kidneys to avoid dialysis.

• Connie M October 11, 2014 at 12:52 pm #

Hi Susan,
            Thank you for writing and sharing your Hep C experience. Congratulations on receiving Non-Detected!!! That is fantastic!!! It is great to hear your physician and pharmacy are a great team that have helped you through this process so you get approved for this treatment. It’s amazing that there are battles on more fronts than with the Hep C giant itself, but unfortunately this is true for many patients.
            It’s a huge blessing and praise to hear you have a great team working with you.

We will be praying for you as you recover and go for the goal of Non-Detected again in 6 months. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We are here for you!

Many Blessings fellow warrior,

• George October 2, 2014 at 4:47 pm #

I have been on olysio and solvaldi for 8 weeks, no side effects my doctors at digestive health in fort myers fl are no longer prescribing anything but this combination my 2 week blood work shows it as undetectable, my four week and six week test again show the hep c as undetectable. This has been a blessing from God I have more energy no weight or hair loss no sensitivity to the sun, and I haven’t missed a days work. praise God. The insurance company paid for it after I met certain criteria. Deppression was a criteria anyone would be depressed who has lived with this disease,stage 2 liver damage, and I not a good candidate for interferon, my doctor just wrote it up within the criteria and I had to wait,then by Gods grace they approved it. Please discuss the options with your doctors, Have faith it’s getting easier to get on this and there is new therapies comming with the same results God bless and good luck

George
          Hi. My name is also George. Be careful going out in the sun. A reaction from the Olysio can come at any time during treatment. Some people have had some very severe reactions from the sun. When I was in treatment I wore long sleeves, long pants and sunglasses everytime I went out. I also applied plenty of sunblock on my face, neck and hands. Sun exposure can produce very serious consequences. It sounds like your treatment is going well.

George

• Connie M October 5, 2014 at 8:18 pm #

Hi George,
            Thank you for sharing this helpful information. I appreciate your sharing your experience. Sun sensitivity is indeed something we need to watch out for.

Thanks again. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. Hope you’re having a good week.

• Deb November 5, 2015 at 9:33 pm #

I have had that problem with the sun. It made me feel horrible. I would run for shade. Strangely it didn’t happen all the time.

• Connie M October 5, 2014 at 8:23 pm #

Hi George,
          Thank you for sharing your treatment experience with Sovladi/Olysio and the details of your past treatment experience with side effects. This indeed an encouragement to so many who can not take ribavirin and/or interferon.

Congratulations being Non-Detected!!!! This is fantastic!!! So happy for you.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing. We’re here for you and would love to hear from you.
          Praying for you.

• Jojo June 16, 2016 at 10:25 pm #

I recently did treatment of savald/daclenza ,was hep c free after 12 weeks.after 20 years of hep c .the way I got aproved for them was went to doc that said I had severe depression. My hep c doc used that to say I could not take interferon, because of depressive and suicidal side effects.after 2 months of ins co denying me, they finally aproved. The drug co had lawyers to handle all my ins dealings. My treatment cost about 134 k

• Connie M June 17, 2016 at 5:27 pm #

Hi Jojo,
          Thank you for sharing about your recent Hep C treatment. Congratulations for receiving the cure!!! So happy for you. I appreciate your sharing about winning approval about dealing with denials. It’s a battle that Hep C Warriors should not have to fight but unfortunately sometimes happens. But persistence is what we have to do. So glad you and your healthcare team kept at it.

Huge Praise to God.
          Keep us posted on how you’re doing.
          You are in my prayers as you recover.

• Frank Lewis November 6, 2014 at 10:41 am #

I did the Sovaldi Olysio combo for 12 weeks 6 months ago. I was virus free 2 weeks after treatment. Just had my appointment for blood work and an ultrasound…keeping my fingers crossed. I’ll let you know next week.

• Connie M November 6, 2014 at 3:09 pm #

Hi Frank,
        This is fantastic news! Congratulations!!! I am so thrilled for you. Yes, please do keep us posted on your report.
        We will be praying for you.

Blessings my fellow warrior,

2. John Garrett July 2, 2014 at 2:18 pm #

I was diagnosed with Hep C in 1992 but have probably had it for 30 years at least. I went through two interferon-based treatments and was a partial responder: my viral load dropped 90% each time but was back up in a month. Although I don’t drink, I also developed cirrhosis around 2005 which progressed until I went on Sovaldi/Olysio last February. I had no remaining virus in two weeks, stayed on it for 12 weeks, and continue to be amazed at what it means to feel good after all these years. Imagine energy, a clear head, normal sleep, normal appetite, the capacity to enjoy your life. Now that there is a cure, don’t wait!

• Connie M July 2, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

Hi John,
      First let me offer my Congratulations for being Cured!!!! This is Grand News!!! I am very happy for you!!! Thank you for encouraging others with this news.

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing. I will be in contact with more information about sharing more of your story.

You are in my prayers~

3. Patsy July 3, 2014 at 12:24 pm #

Connie,
    I was diagnosed with hep c in 2002. We think I got it from a tattoo in the 90’s so I have had it awhile.
    I am on Solvadi/Olysio started June 11th. Actually they started me with 1200 mg of Ribavirin daily but I couldnt handle side affects so i am just on the 2 now. it was cut almost 2 weeks into it. My 2 week lab results showed that even though I hep c is still detected in my system the numbers are so low that it cant give a number , so I know that I am well on my way to being completely cured. Praise God for this.
    Fellow Warrior,

Patsy

• Connie M July 3, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Hi Patsy,
      Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are hanging in there and making progress. Keep focusing on Christ and His word and your weekly mile marker (whatever day of the week you began treatment). Take it one week at time and before you know it, treatment will be completed.

Praying for you daily.

4. jose July 3, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

Hola como puedo conseguir que me traten con sovaldi quiero poder curarme

• Connie M July 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm #

Hola Jose,
      So sorry my friend, I’m afraid I do not know much spanish. If I understood correctly, you are on treatment with Sovaldi? I hope and pray all is going well for you.

You are in my prayers as you continue treatment and recovery.
      Blessings fellow warrior,

5. Kathy July 3, 2014 at 3:38 pm #

I am currently on Sovaldi/Olysio. Just finished my 1st month. I had failed interferon twice so really excited about this new anti-interferon treatment! Just on my way to get my viral load tested….wish me luck

• Connie M July 3, 2014 at 5:11 pm #

Hi Kathy,
      Thank you for writing and sharing about your treatment. Congratulations for finishing your first 4 week mile marker! Yay!!!
      I am praying for you and your viral load results. Keep us posted on how things are going.

6. Pedro July 3, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

Sorry but you misunderstood Jose. Or better, he didn’t express well. Jose missed the question marks in the sentence. He wanted to ask ‘How can I get Sovaldi?’ And me too. In Spain you cannot get Sovaldi . It’s not on prescription, nor even on sale in Spain. The Spanish government is doing nothing! No deal nor talks with pharmaceuticals. Nothing at all. So, is there a way to go abroad and buy it? Any procedure you know or you’ve heard of?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

• Connie M July 3, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

Hello Pedro,
      Thank you very much for helping me with the translation from Jose. As to Sovaldi’s availablity, it can not be purchased outright. In the US it can only be obtained from a pharmacy with a prescription from a physician where the medication has been approved for use. All Hep C patient’s have to be monitored by a physician with blood work, tests and exams while on treatment and recovery. There are other countries where Sovaldi is being used, example in Europe and Canada along with recent availability to Japan and upcoming availability in Pakistan. I do know Gilead Sciences the makers of Sovaldi are applying for registration in other countries in order to make the treatment available, but each country has a different time frame.

The best advice I can give you is to contact Gilead Sciences directly and ask if they know when Sovaldi will be made available in Spain, here is there contact link:
      http://gilead.com/contact or contact:http://www.gilead.com/responsibility/us-patient-access/support%20path%20for%20sovaldi

You may also contact the World Hepatitis Alliance to see what news they would have about new treatment:

I am so sorry I do not know more about availability in Spain at this time. I pray for many new treatment options to become available to all who need it there.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

7. Peggy July 3, 2014 at 11:02 pm #

Hi Connie!! I started S/O on Friday, June 13th. I am a fellow Christian and do not believe in superstition!!! I have had a lot of side effects and I am really taking care of myself. I was really, really sick when I started, so some of the side effects could be just the other disorders that I am praying are a result of hep c. I was just diagnosed this week with fibromyalgia, so it’s been kind of a process in turning it all over to the King of Kings and reminding myself that He loves me, I am a daughter of the most High and my name is tattoed on His hand! That’s how much He loves me! Anyways, I have had the disease for over 30 years and could not tolerate interferon and RIBA, so I was told to wait until new drugs came out. I followed my doctor’s advice, meanwhile watching as friends died or got cleared of the virus. My disease has been on a slow simmer all this time and in April decided to rear it’s ugly dragon head! I got extremely ill with RA and fibro (which I think I’ve had a bit of for a very long time). All the sudden I get a call the beginning if June “we need to schedule a day for us to deliver your medication.” Well, I was so excited! And when it came, I put it on the table and said “there’s $50,000 worth of drugs for a new life! Thank you God, thank you Jesus!!” I am so grateful to God for helping me through all this! I pray for everyone going through this! It’s hard, but doable with His help! Stay blessed my friend!!

• Connie M July 7, 2014 at 12:48 pm #

Hi Peggy,
      Thank you so much for writing and sharing about your Hep C journey. It’s awesome you have an amazing attitude and especially a close walk with Christ. Jesus will get you through this my friend!
      Congratulations for being almost at 1 month completion of treatment. You are so very right, when the treatment meds arrive, it’s a very big day and the start of a new life.
      How are you feeling this week? I hope you are doing well.
      Keep in touch and let me know how things are going. We are here for YOU!

You are in my prayers as you continue treatment.
      Our special verse for this week is a great one,
      I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:2 NIV

Blessings fellow warrior,

8. George July 5, 2014 at 8:05 am #

Hi Connie
    I think this is the best site that I have found for people going through this experience. I am 57 years old and yesterday I was told that I am hcv non detected after 12 weeks on Sovaldi Olysio. Now I have to wait for my 12 week post treatment test. I had hep c geno 1b for 39 years. Yes I am using the word had. I tried Int Rib about 13 years ago. I was able to get through the whole tortuous treatment but relapsed at the end. The doctors say that I am at least F3 stage but they will be doing more tests to determine exactly where I am. My platelets were slightly low before treatment but during treatment they have been checked about 4 times being normal every time. All my liver tests are normal except my bilirubin which went up a little. They dont seem to be to concerned about that, they said that the medication causes that to happen in some people and that after treatment ends it usually goes back down. My alt went from 244 to 34 after 12 weeks of treatment. All I can say to everyone here is dont give up keep trying do your best every day and keep very hopeful. I dont want to pretend that it has not been hard at times because it has. I have shed tears over this enough times over the years. I think this is probably one of the only places where we can be understood because when I read stories of others I really understand no matter what the circumstances. I pray for us all.

• Connie M July 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Hi George,
      Thank you so much for sharing your Hep C journey and the awesome blessing you have received with being Non-Detected. Congratulations my friend!!!
      I am so happy to hear this grand news!!!

You have a long beautiful life ahead of you and what a great gift.

I too understand your past treatment experience with going through that myself. I Praise God for new improvements in treatments. We must Never Give Up no matter what. With God’s help, all things are possible.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going. We are here for you.
      I hope you join in our Hep C Warrior Friday Forum Support Group that meet’s on our website every Friday. Your story of courage and hope will encourage all and you will connect and receive great encouragement and prayer support as well.

Thank you also for you very kind words about the website. You blessed my heart!

9. Kay July 6, 2014 at 9:56 pm #

I’m Kay, starting S/O tomorrow I have had it a week but was so afraid to start believing it won’t work. I really have no support system and feel blessed I found this site. I will be in touch often. What an amazing site.

• Connie M July 7, 2014 at 6:54 pm #

Hi Kay,
      Thank you for sharing your treatment start date. You are in good company here. This new combination treatment has a very high cure rate with less side effects and people are getting amazing results. I know it’s scary to start treatment. You definitely do need a good support system.
      We host an online support group that meets every Friday on our website called, Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group. We come together each week and often communicate through the week as well and share updates, ask questions, give treatment help tips, devotionals, encouragement, and prayer support also. We freely talk about the challenges of treatment and how we get through it relying on God and each other. If you subscribed to the website (upper right corner of the website)then you won’t miss anything that is posted.

If you have any questions or need information, feel free to ask me. I’m here for you.
      Keep me posted on how you’re doing.
      You will be in my prayers daily.

(You) can do all things through Christ who gives (you) strength. Philippians 4:13 (emphasis mine).

10. Carrie July 7, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Hello all, I only have 9 days left of S/O. I am very excited. I have some ups and downs. I am not understanding why I am so tired. I was kind of hoping the my energy level would pick up. I have been non-detected for the last 2 blood tests. Does anyone had this same problem/and does anyone know how long it will last? I sleep at least 10 hours a night. To much sleep?? I hope everyone has a blessed day as I count my blessings everyday. Have a great week.

Carrie

• Connie M July 7, 2014 at 8:03 pm #

Hi Carrie,
      Thank you for writing and sharing what you are experiencing.
      First, let me say I am so excited for you. You are in the last stretch of treatment and almost at the finish line. Yay!!!! Congrats for receiving Non-Detected counts as well. This is fantastic!!!

As for your feeling extra tired. This is very common. Fatigue is a common side effect of all Hep C treatment. Normally in treatment the red and white blood counts are affected and drop. Red blood cells carrying oxygen to the brain and cells, and when they are low, we feel excessively tired, sleepy and can become anemic. Treatment can make you feel run down, fluish, sometimes achy, headaches, and out of sorts.

Side effects normally do cycle out but fatigue and sun sensitivity are the most common of all treatment side effects. But when you complete treatment and in the recovery stage, it’s important to remember, it takes awhile for the treatment drugs to leave your system and your body to begin to rebuild. It’s not an overnight process. I have several articles that talk about the recovery phase. Let me know if you would like me to send them to you.

Has your doctor done any recent blood work to check your CBC? Be sure to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling.

Let me know if you have any questions or need information. I am here for you.
      You are in my prayers as you continue treatment and get into recovery.

• Valerie Herder September 20, 2014 at 8:03 pm #

Dear Connie,
        Hi there
        My husband found your site while looking for anyone out there that was having difficulties after sovaldi/olysio trtmnt meds.
        I noticed you have several articles about recovery phase. I would so appreciate seeing those articles.
        My husband was on the treatment meds and he finished in mid June. Since treatment ended he is exhausted and weak and rarely has a good day where he can just enjoy himself.
        It is heartbreaking. I am totally dependent on Jesus to deliver him from this, as I have been for the past 15 yrs since he was diagnosed with hepc.
        He is discouraged because he is now hepc free but struggling more now than before treatment.
        He sees his doc on regular basis and they act like he should be feeling better. He was diagnosed with cirrhosis 15 yrs ago but he has always been high functioning physically until during treatment meds and after treatment even more so no energy or strength and just plain doesn’t feel good.
        I would greatly appreciate any bit of wisdom or knowledge you could share with us.
        Blessings on you!
        Valerie

• Rita Azbell April 5, 2015 at 9:23 am #

Connie, I would really appreciate it if you could send me your recovery articles. I am 6 week EOT and still struggling with weakness, fatigue, feinting, tinitus, etc. I am curious if some of these symptoms are commin post-treatment issues. Thank you.

11. Gene Mikolaicik Jr July 24, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

Started the O-S combo on 7/16/2014. Into day 9. Am 60 yrs old, gt1a F-4 cirrhotic. Mild COPD. First 6 days into treatment had ravenous appetite, no side effects. Day 7 appetite normal but side effect began to emerge and increase–blood build-up in right hand and fingertips with feeling of swelling, however, no noticable swelling. Is definitely blood build-up due to darker red than other hand. Blood pressure normal throughout first 8 days. Measured on 9th at 110/70, slightly low. No other symptoms/side effects thus far. Have notified care team for follow-up, tests, etc. to try to determine cause. Will keep posted.

• Connie M August 7, 2014 at 3:38 pm #

Hi Gene,
      Thank you so much for sharing your treatment progress with us. Sounds like you are doing better. I hope you continue to feel well and get great results from treatment!

Also feel free to join us on our online support that meets on the website every friday, “Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group.” This is a great group of caring folks who are going through Hep C and many on treatment as well. We would love to see you there.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
      You will be in my prayers each day.
      Blessings fellow warrior,

12. TK August 20, 2014 at 8:38 am #

My spouse started S/O combo on 7/12/2014. At 4 weeks his bloodwork shows undetectable! He has 7 weeks left and doc says if it’s gone now it will continue to stay that way. This is a 45 yo male who had hep c for over 20 years. This is a miracle drug! Thank You to all the researchers and developers! The assistance program brought cost for treatment to $15.00 with our insurance. The biopsy was most expensive at $800.00 out of pocket. Don’t wait start treatment! Thank You Jesus!

• Connie M August 21, 2014 at 7:19 pm #

Hi TK,
      Thank you for sharing you’re spouse’s treatment update. Congrats on his awesome report!!! This indeed is an fantastic treatment. And so thankful for the assistant programs that are out there. Huge Praise to God.

Keep us posted on how things are going.
      Y’all are in our prayers.

13. stella August 25, 2014 at 11:49 pm #

I start s/o treatment in the morning! I am scared beyond words. I received 2 blood transfusions on 4/3/1983 after child birth. I have a long list of other medical problems that every doctor contributes to this virus. Some are: osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, major fatigue, hypertension,hyperthyroidism, bi polar 1 & 2, manic depression, personality disorder and more. I am 52 and was a go getter til the last 2 years. Strange how I could have life throw me this far down so fast! Also strange that I can have 123 college credits but have allowed this illness to control my life. Had a stroke in July and so I need prayers to come my way! No support group so please include me in the group session. I’m gonna need help. I only weigh 90 lbs and cannot afford to have any more issues. I pray in Jesus name that my cure comes fast with no more debilitating effects. Strange how we work to pay into social security and then when we need it…we are denied! Thank you for any/all prayers.

14. stella August 25, 2014 at 11:56 pm #

Another note: being diagnosed bi polar 1 & 2 are definitely traits of being so low…that there’s no sanity left in what was a good mind and happy spirit. I’m going to beat this illness because I am tired of it beating me! Thank you Gilead and Johnson & Johnson for the help

15. stella August 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm #

Day one….itching and sun/heat sensitivity!

16. titza selimov September 1, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Hi Connie
    This is my 10th week, I had ups and downs, throw my time.
    first tow weeks I had lot of energy and felt great. After my first test everything was
    locking god and I vas very happy and full of energy.
    Than suddenly I start to each and filing tired, no appetite. I am all so Bi polar
    to make things even worst. My second test was bed bath my my viral load was negative, that mace me happy.
    I change my doctor and laboratory and tuck additional test. I was shock including Dr. everything was worst then my last test except my viral load was still negative . i continue to fill sam, till 2 day ago
    my appetite is better, more energy bath each is worst. Tomorrow I am going for additional test, my Dr, think that I have some infection and he will test for that tow
    I am so anxious I am not scared of dying, bath I like to know my options before.
    Lord is their for me.

17. Lana A. September 2, 2014 at 1:05 am #

I finished Olysio/Sovaldi tx in July. The intense fatigue continued for about 6 wks. Weird “almost headaches,” felt like someone was threading a wire into my right frontal/top head area. Just felt weird. Have had a few more, but with lessened intensity. They didn’t last long even in tx. One time it woke me up at night. Appetite was up and down. Now I really have to watch the fat, sodium, and quantity, of what I eat. Some times I’m ravenous, other times I don’t feel like eating until after noon. I was in 4th stage liver disease, never had tx before, and was having a lot of problems with esophageal bleeds. Almost bled out in the summer of 2009. I’ve had Hep C for over 40 years. It was finally diagnosed about 12 years ago. With no insurance, just over the income limit for state medical assistance, I had very few options. I was also refused by SSDI twice. I qualified for Medicare the first of July in 2013, and was able to begin getting the help I needed. So, because of the lack of medical care, my Hep C and liver disease got so bad, it almost took my life. Today, I am beginning to feel better. I really watch what I eat, or try to. I lost 50 lbs. from Jan.13, 2013 until July of 2013. Some of it I was trying to lose. It just came off so quickly, I’m assuming that was due to my liver issues.

Hope some of that helps. Hang in there. It’ll get better, and your blood work should begin to normalize. Mine is almost back to within normal limits, except my platelets, and those are coming back fairly slowly, but they are increasing steadily.

Blessings of peace… Lana A.

18. Karen September 2, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

I have just finished my first bottles of o/s and going to see my doctor tomorrow my blood work said that my red blood count was low the lab told me to tslk to my doctor tomorrow. So far I really don’t have any side effects. Nothing like the last treatment I thought I was going to die with the other treatment . I really love this site just reading everyone’s comments help. I’ll keep you posted on my doctors visit .
    Thank you again for this site.

Karen

19. Billw September 3, 2014 at 7:50 am #

Now 9 weeks post treatment. Cleared after two weeks. Had viral count done 5 weeks after end of treatment because the majority of relapses occur within the first month. Still clear. First two weeks of treatment went well, general feeling of rest and some sort of positive process going on. Around week three, fatigue really kicked up. Continued to worsen until I briefly considered stopping around week 10. Fell asleep while stretching. Lost appetite around week 4. Lost about 15 pounds. Now 9 weeks after treatment, energy level is at about 80 percent of pre treatment levels, while continuing to improve. Looking back, I think docs were too optimistic about side effects. There certainly are some, they are just different from interferon/RIBA treatments. All things considered, this is a very good treatment, and I would recommend getting it ASAP.

20. Sean September 3, 2014 at 11:40 am #

I’m currently taking Sovaldi and Olysio and I am amazed! I am not taking Ribavirin or Interfuron and I’ve had almost no side affects. My insurance company covered treatment 100% which surprised me, but my liver damage is currently at F3 so I suppose this is cheaper than a transplant. After only 2 weeks of treatment my viral load went from 2,970,000 to 39 so I’m extremly optimistic!

21. Tracey September 5, 2014 at 1:31 am #

Nice to hear about people’s successes and trials. Sitting here – angry and upset – as Australia is not offering Sovaldi/Olysio despite having Full Medical insurance. The cost is over $100,000 US dollars. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get this treatment…serious situation with cirrhosis and HCV for over 28 years from a blood transfusion. Happy to travel overseas… Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

22. idah banda September 7, 2014 at 8:05 pm #

Please help me get this medicines. I have been by my Doctor. to start treatment if hep
    c.help me.

23. sharon September 10, 2014 at 10:10 am #

just started taking olysio and sovaldi two weeks ago. At first no side effects. Today i had diarrhea I have IBS so could be that. My skin was dry before started taking. Now my skin is not dry, also i can some itching and a mild dull headache. did blook work after one week don’t know the result have to you again this week after two weeks and see my doctor. Hoping for good news. Met someone and we are in love. Lost some weight don’t know if it is medicine or the fact i eat lite in summer. No loss of appetite. sleep like a baby. brain fog seem to be decreasing

24. richard September 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm #

Sharon, it took me 11 weeks to be untectable. That was with solvaldi/olysio/ribavirin. Had hep c 44 years.The brain fog probably relates more to the hep c then the medicine. I am not a doctor but some of your other problems might be more related to your other medical conditions. I am glad you are sleeping since this was a problem for me along with mild headaches. I had liver cancer and a liver transplant so we probably will experience somewhat different side effects, but praise the Lord that we don’t have to take Iinterferon

25. Robert September 13, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

Just done with 4 wks of sovaldi/olyssio and very amazed at being undetectable. Gen 1A with past bleeding varices and F4,,, I thought it was a longshot. Think I got this in the tail end of Viet Nam so it’s been with me for a long time. I meditate and pray that all can find a path to this and other treatments that are soon to be release(hope).
    I know that relapse is a possibility but this is a shocker. The light is bit more beautiful,,,,, hang in there!!

• Connie M October 6, 2014 at 10:26 am #

Hi Robert,
      Congrats for being Non-Detectable!!!! Did I understand you right, you completed treatment 4 weeks ago or you did 4 weeks of treatment and did the next RNA test to find out your Non-Detected?

This is a great combo treatment. I am thrilled to hear your good results.
      How are you feeling now? Hope you are doing well.
      Keep us posted on how things are going.

Prayers & Blessings to you~
      You are a Mighty Hep C Warrior!

26. dave September 17, 2014 at 7:03 pm #

I completed 12 weeks of olysio/sovaldi in August. I was tested 5 weeks into treatment and was Non detectable. I am a relapser from triple therapy.I am waiting until my 12 week out test in November to know if its for real. Had some side effects, nothing cant handle and nothing like interferon hell. best of luck to all

• Connie M October 6, 2014 at 10:21 am #

Hi Dave,
      Thank you for sharing your treatment news. Congrats for being Non-Detected!! Hooray!!! This is fantastic! Keep us posted on how you are doing and your next blood work.

Prayers & Blessings for you in recovery.

27. Mike September 21, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

I am just finishing my 12 week treatment with the combo plus ribavirin. After 30 yrs and 2 failed treatments in the past I finally have very positive results with the virus not being detected after the first month ! Now after 12 weeks I am hopeful that the virus is never detected again. I would recommend this combo to anyone who has failed treatment in the past or just finding out you are positive for Hep C. Don’t wait, see your Dr about this treatment today ! I will post an update here in 3 months after blood work then. Thank you

• Connie M September 25, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

Hello Mike,
      Thank you for writing and sharing your exciting news. Congratulations!!! Wow, your story sounds so much like mine. I had Hep C for 20 years with two prior treatments that did not succeed but my third treatment did it but it was prior to the new treatment for only 12 weeks, mine was 24 weeks. I am praising God for your good results! Keep us posted on how things are going.

Blessings to ya,

28. Carole R. September 23, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

My mom is 85 years old and has been taking Sovaldi with Olysio for five weeks. She was told today that the virus is undetected! We are so grateful and relieved. She will continue the treatment for six months, though. She had Hepatits C, genotype 1. After only one week of treatment, her motivation and appetite was back. She began exercising again and her appetite was terrific! She had absolutely no side effects. Although she could have afforded the treatment without a subsidy, it was never brought up. Gilead subsidized her treatment at no cost to her.

• Connie M September 25, 2014 at 9:54 pm #

Hi Carole,
      Thank you so much for writing and sharing about your Mom and her story. She sounds like an incredible woman made of steel and courage. Her story is very inspirational. So happy to hear Gilead took care of her treatment meds. What a great blessing in everything! Thanks again for sharing. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

She and your family are in my prayers.

29. Irene September 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm #

Hi, I am a non responder to interferon, ribavarin with genotype 1. I started the Sovaldi/Olyesio treatment a week ago. I am getting horrible headaches with nausea about 10 hrs after taking the meds. I started taking the meds in the evening instead. That seems to be working a bit better. I really want to get this monkey off my back . I am trying to stay positive and hopeful. I imagine what it would feel like not having this virus. Hope I get to feel it one day. I have known that I have HEPC since 1990.

• Connie M September 25, 2014 at 1:46 pm #

Hi Irene,
      Thank you for writing. Have you contacted your doctor about the headaches and nausea? I know headaches are a common side effect of treatment with Sovaldi, but there are some prescriptions the doctor can give you to help with your side effects. Please sure to let them know what you’re experiencing.

Also, side effects have a way of changing through out treatment and often cycling out. Hang in there! It will get better. You can do this!!! There is a high cure rate with this combo and great hope to clear Hep C. You are doing it. Each day you are making progress. Keep me posted on how you’re doing.

You are in my prayers.

30. David September 27, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

Hi, just like to say that the Spanish Gov. have just authorised the use of Sovaldi treatment for Hep C Patients on 25 September 2014

31. Linda September 30, 2014 at 10:40 am #

I finished the Sovaldi and Olysio treatment 07.10.14 Have had no appetite during or subsequent to treatment. Would love to share all that I’ve experienced.

• Connie M September 30, 2014 at 5:35 pm #

Hi Linda,
      Congratulations for completing treatment!!! So you are soon to be at your 3 month Mile Marker. How awesome!!! Yes, I would love to hear your treatment experience. I’ll be in touch.

32. katie October 1, 2014 at 11:03 am #

sent you an email cause i didnt go this far. please post i hope it helps someone.

33. Bob Shelton October 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm #

I took interferon/rib 8 years ago and I was initially declined for Solvaldi/Olysio but approved on appeal. I am worried about work. The only time I have ever been physically sick in over 25 years hep C positive was in 2007 as non responsive using interferon. And at that time I was very very sick. I did work but only because my family counted on my income. I am going to begin treatment this weekend. I must say I’m not looking forward to less energy. It will be nice to get passed this as at 61 Y/O I have come to accept that ultimately this desease would kill me. Even with a high rate of cure at over 90%… still 10% are not responsive. My quality of life is important and I am skeptical. I have the meds but starting on a weekend feels right

• Connie M October 23, 2014 at 1:46 pm #

Hi Bob,
      Thank you for sharing about your Hep C Treatment journey. The good news about treatment with Sovaldi/Olysio is that it does not have near the side effects than treatment you have done in the past. Many patients have done very well and have had great results. Listen, 61 is young! You can do this my friend. I know from personal experience what treatment is like since I did it 3 times and the last one was the winner. Now I’m over 2 yrs post treatment and doing very well.

Have faith and know that the Lord is here to help you through and so are we. Keep us posted on how you’re doing.
      We will be praying & cheering for you! You are a Mighty Hep C Warrior!

(You) can do all things through Christ who gives (you) strength.
      Philippians 4:13

34. Roger G. October 22, 2014 at 11:02 am #

Bob,

I too had a difficult time working with the old interferon treatments but I was able to work through it. I have finished my 4th week of S/O therapy. I was expecting the severe side effects like I had in the past but this is much better. I am retired with a part time job and I am 63 years old. The side effects with S/O are so much milder that I know I would have been able to work. I was a carpenter and needed strength and energy. I am sure some folks have had a harder time with S/O than me but in my case I could continue to work. Good luck and God bless.

• Bob Shelton October 22, 2014 at 8:57 pm #

Roger

Thanks for your comment. I realize the degree of ingratitude I must seem to have and also the reality of my mortality. I work hard. Long days spent traveling around Americas heartland. I remember the days in my hotel when I could barely walk much less attend my scheduled meetings… the days of interfering. I did it but there were times I didn’t believe I could get through the day. I value my energy and fear having too little of it. Yetmyrrh, wife, children and grandchildren depend on me either emotionally or financially. It’s for them I do most of what I do. I suppose that transcends my fear of most things. My mind works funny. I am in a small percentage if American’s unlucky enough to have contracted this desease. Surely I’m capable of bad luck and becoming one of the small groip who fails to test well for this one. Ha,anyone have a half empty glass?

• Connie M October 24, 2014 at 10:05 pm #

Hi Bob,
        I know well what you are feeling. I did 3 treatments total, the first 2 did not work and it was discouraging. But I had to keep going for my husband and kids. I didn’t know how or when things would work out, I just trusted the Lord would work through what was going on in my life for His plan and good. Even though I dreaded the third treatment, I had to hold my head up and march forward through fear. Praise God the treatment worked and now I am over 2 years post treatment and cured.

Keep the faith and Keep moving forward my friend. We may not always know the future, but we can trust in the one who does.

Bob, this special message is just for you.

Praying for you every step of the way.

• Bob Shelton October 25, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

Thanks Connnie,

It’s not lost on me that you dedicate time, and you have a sincere desire to help others who are unfortunate enough to have contracted this desease. I admire your faith and spirit. I, however, have never mastered the art of giving myself over to a higher power. That’s not to say there weren’t times when I did the “why me God”. Actually I know why me. I was careless and indestructible. But I contracred Hep C which to me was my payback…. a well deserve dept owed and to pay. I am a sales professional who liives with some shame and much regret. Always a good man but never that smart when it came time to make decisions. I hurt only me during the dark days when i found hep C, unless you count the emotional stress i cause everyone who dared to care about me…. and you have to count that. I don’t expect this treatment to work. I’ve always expected to die of some hep c complication. I don’t feel bad for me about that. I feel bad for my wife, children and grandchildren who I love beyond my ability to express in words. If not for them, I ‘d go on as I have. I have had a much fuller and happier life than I deserve. With all that said I am in my third day of treatment. A real cakewalk compared to interferon. Regardless of my feelings on the subject I have productive years in front of me if I can get there. Years where my wife will need me. I will try to outlive her. It’s the least I can do for her after her refusal to abandon a lost cause

35. Bob Shelton October 22, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

Updated a correct email address. Big thumbs, small keyboard amounts to typo’s

36. Michael October 23, 2014 at 3:10 am #

I was diagnosed Hep C Geno type 1a in 2010, by then I had stage 4 cirrhosis. Tried double then triple therapy meds. but failed. 1 year ago this week, I had a full liver transplant. I started the new S & O treatment in May 2014 with 5,000,000 VL. By mid June I was undetected & finished the 12 week treatment in August. It wasnt bad at all, occasional headache, blurred vision a few times. PTL, still undetected. The new S & O medications are a miracle, extremely effective & very mild side effects !!

Keep the faith !!

• Connie M October 24, 2014 at 9:55 pm #

Hi Michael,
      Thank you so much for sharing your treatment experience and results. I am Praising God for your wonderful report. It is a great gift and blessing to hear the Hep C giant has been defeated in your life and you are encouraging others. Thank you my fellow warrior!

Virtual High Five to you!
      Praying for your continued good recovery.

37. Bryan October 26, 2014 at 6:27 pm #

Hey Connie and fellow Warriors..

I was on forum when I started treatment on Sovaldi/Olysio in April 2014..I live in Illinois 54 yrs old Genotype 1a ..had for probably 30 years..stage 1 damage 6 years ago.. and by the Grace of God was granted the opportunity to receive treatment before medicaid tightened the regulations, which now makes it almost impossible to receive treatment unless in end stage..then must be only Sovaldi in combo with Ribo..Anyways was on Interferon and Ribovirin for 1 1/2 years about 6 years ago…was horrible..I am still not the same.. virus came back at end of treatment..did well during this new treatment for 12 weeks..just a lot of fatigue..was undetectable 4 weeks in and at end of treatment…just had 3 month labs in early Oct and Praise God still undetectable..will have labs again in 3 more months and expect the same results…Amazing new drugs, but at a cost of $155,000…the drug companies have to do something to make these new miracle drugs available to the poor without bankrupting the state governments…Thanks and good luck to everyone and may God bless and protect you…..Bryan

• Connie M October 26, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

Hi Bryan,
      Thank you for sharing your Hep C treatment story. Congratulations on your awesome news of being Non-Detected!!! Praise God!!! I am thrilled to hear this fantastic news. You are such a Mighty Hep C Warrior!

I agree about treatment cost and I hope and pray in the very near future we will see relief and help in the cost and availability for all Hep C patients everywhere to receive the cure.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing. You have a wonderful life ahead of you!

38. CARMEN October 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

Hi Connie and all fellows!

I live in Chile (my native language is spanish), it’s a little difficult for me to write in english!!!, but I like very much this shat and I´would like to share with you all my experience. I have Hep C probably since my early childhood, I have always felt good. Now I´m 69, still feeling fine, like to jog, play with my grandchildren and have a wonderful husband, a lot of things to enjoy living and be thankful to God.
    Now I´m in grade 3 fibrosis. In 2005 I was treated with Interferon and Ribavirin, it was a horrible year, with all those side effects, my viral load got undetectable but came back 6 months after ending treatment, I´m a relapser!
    I ended the Olysio/Sovaldi treatment in july, I have my viral load undetectable since week 4, I was so happy, my ALT levels also got to normal in week 2……but today I´m really sad, I did my lab exams this morning and my ALT levels are climbing up, 84 and 112….that doesn´t seem good to me…..anyway I have to wait still mid november to get the viral load count, but now I´m thinking it will be positive, no SVR 12….hope to God I´m wrong! Sometimes this is so hard!!! I pray for everybody in this shat, I love to read your opinions…and hope everyone will do OK..life is so beautiful, and we have so much to live for!!!

Blessings for all of you,
    Carmen

• Connie M October 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Hi Carmen,
      Thank you so much for writing and sharing about your Hep C journey and treatment experience. On a rare occasion I have heard of patient’s liver enzymes rising but later found out they were still Non-Detected. Hopefully in November, your next viral load test will show Non-Detected.
      Personally, I had done treatment 2 prior times that did not work, but the 3rd treatment did. I hope and pray your recent will be what works for you but if for some reason it does not, take heart. There is the brand new treatment just released this month, Harvoni for genotype 1 and another new treatment will be released this December with several more following in 2015. So the right one to finally kill this virus is out there.

I know it’s easy to say, don’t worry, but I can say because I have lived it, try your best to give your anxiety to Christ, even if you have to do it daily. He is there for you. Remember, no matter what, Hep C does not control the number of your days, only God does.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthened you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

We are here for you also and will be praying for you.
      Please keep us posted on how you’re doing.

• CARMEN October 29, 2014 at 7:48 pm #

Thanks Connie, your words are wonderful. I´ll post my SVR result in november!
        Today I´m seeing things better, Christ will help me and all of us, as you say: some day we finally will have the medication that kills the virus!

Carmen

39. Jesse j S November 3, 2014 at 1:39 am #

I was detected Hep c geno type 1 , 6 years ago I’m a hemophiliac and have been a patient of Stanford medical I’m on the liver transplant list I was taken off peg and riboviron 4 years ago was nasty currently on 2 month of olisyio and solvadi I have just had joint ache’s and feel tired all the time more than usual the doc has bern watching my white count because its always been low get a lot of esophagal bleeds was put on temp disability recently for the course of this treatment in The 20 years I had to deal with hep c this is the first time I have not been working can’t wait to get rid of this issue And get back with my work group and concentrate on my liver God is good if I do get a liver that will cure my hemophilia a win win situation

• Jesse j S November 3, 2014 at 1:45 am #

What I meant about the 20 years was that I have worked without needing to stop until this time im just glad its not like the other stuff that makes you want to close the shades and feel crumby but like I said the new meds are great even the ones that stop my bleeding

• richard November 3, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Jesse, I had hemophilia, factor 11. Got a liver transplant at Mayo in Florida. Had liver cirrhosis, hep c for 44 years, liver cancer, chemoembolization, esphogael varicies, a fib, etc. Bleeding varicies is EXTREMELY dangerous for people with hemophilia. If you need a transplant you should go to Florida. In California you need a meld score of 42. In Florida it is only 22/23. Don’t wait! If you develop liver cancer, you will only have a very short time to get a transplant. May our Lord Jesus Christ keep you in good health. God bless, Richard

• Carrie November 3, 2014 at 11:44 am #

Hi Jesse, I found out that I had Hep C two years ago and that I have had it for about 28 years. It has taken its toll on me. I have liver damage as well. I waited for the new drugs to come out Solvadi and Olisyio I got approved for the drugs in February and got them in April. The first 4 weeks I was feeling so good. I had energy and work in the yard in the rain because No Sun with Olisyio. I found that out the first week. By the 5th week I began to feel very tired. Oh so tired. I was doing far to much. I slowed way down like sleeping 12 hrs a day. I could not work or function very well at all. But there was no detection of hep c in my blood work. I thought yes this is great I am getting better. My muscles and joints hurt so so so bad that I could barely get up off my chair. My doctor said the drugs were working and this was just a part of the meds killing off the hep c. By week 10 I felt as though my health took a turn for the worse. My enzymes went crazy, but size not detected. Week 11 the doctor told me to quit the drugs. I only had one week left and thought, great now it is going to come back.Enzymes were still out of whack. I had blood tests 3 times a week for the next 3 weeks. I had to have an emergency gallbladder removal. I had to go to a specialist because of the damaged liver. This was just 2 weeks ago. I feel like a new person now. I am still healing but I am back to work and getting stronger everyday. My last blood work still NO DETECTION. My doctors consider me cured from the hep c. YE-Ha. Finally. My muscles and joints are still sore all the time but maybe with moving around they will get better too. I wish you the best of luck. God Bless….. Carrie

• Connie M November 3, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

Hi Carrie,
          Thank you for sharing your Hep C treatment. It helps to hear from others who have been there. I am thrilled to hear your report of being Non-Detected!!! Congratulations!!!!! Praise God for this super news!

I know many Hep C patients who have also had digestive issues, myself included. So I am very happy to hear you have had a good resolve and recovering well.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing. Thank you for sharing your encouraging news!
          Praying for you as you continue to recover.

• Jesse j S November 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Thanks Richard and Connie

• Connie M November 3, 2014 at 10:44 am #

Hi Jesse,
      Thank you for sharing. I have heard from others with hemophilia and HCV as well and been on varies treatment. The new treatments are so improved from prior treatments in the past. I am glad you are on an Interferon and Ribavirin free regimen. We are hearing great reports about this combo.

I know treatment side effects are still there even though they are improved from the past. But try your best to take one step, one day at a time. You are making progress. Here are a couple of articles I hope you find helpful:

Please keep me posted on how you’re doing.
      You are in my prayers every step of the way.

40. Jesse j S November 3, 2014 at 4:30 pm #

Thank you all I thought I was alone in my parameters its hard I have a 17 year old girl senior in highschool and a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old boy sometimes I feel sad but when I go to LA children’s hospital to which I’m a out patient for my bleeding disorder it puts me in my place and I am very glad again to hear from people that understand exactly what I’m walking through.

• Connie M November 6, 2014 at 2:55 pm #

Hi Jesse,
      Hep C Warriors know so well what each other goes through on so many levels. Take Heart my friend, there is hope. Hope in Christ for all things and Hope in the improvements with treatment. No matter what remember this, Hep C nor anything else has control of the number of our days, only God does. You are NOT defined by Hep C or anything else, you are God’s loving child.

Jesus said in John 14:1, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.”

We are here for you also. Keep us posted on how you’re doing.
      Praying for you daily.

41. richard November 3, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Jesse, I use to go to the hemophilia foundation at orthopedic hospital in downtown LA. You are not alone brother. There are very few people my age,60 years old, who are still around. They destroyed our community with contaminated blood back in the 70’s and 80’s. If you have a question, just post it. In Christ,richard

• Connie M November 6, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Great encouragement! Thank you for sharing.

42. John Bear December 8, 2014 at 7:36 pm #

Last week for sovaldi and olysio specialist said wait to finish treatment before bloodtest so over 90000 for treatment the greedy companies almost have a 50 percent markup that is not rite i will keep yous posted no side effects used to get slite fever nothing else hope it works warning do not drink ahlcahol while on treatment could lower chances of killing virus i relly dont think it kill it but controls it to a level that will not harm the liver might be wrong though be carefull even with over the counter and perscription if you want this to work

• richard December 8, 2014 at 11:47 pm #

John Bear, you cannot drink alcohol period. Anyone who drinks alcohol with hepatitis is way out of line.As one who had liver cancer, I cannot understand the self destructive behavior of some individuals. I am not trying to be critical, but the Lord is giving us the ability to cure this horrible disease. Thus we should be obedient. In Christ, Richard

43. George December 9, 2014 at 12:31 pm #

Richard

I agree with you 100% Richard. Drinking alcohol with hep c is like pouring gasoline on fire.

• Sharon December 9, 2014 at 1:29 pm #

drinking alchohol is a death wish with hep c

44. Monica December 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

Please tell everyone that Sovaldi and Olysio have co-pay coupons. Sovaldi had a $5 copay limit and Olysio a $25 co-pay. Just finished my treatments on 12-11-14. viral load undetectable after 4 weeks. Get next blood draw in March will know then if it worked. Very tired, light sensitive and headaches during treatment. Now I seem to be getting a rash that is not bad enough to get checked yet. wish everyone the best. I have had hep c for 40 years according to the clinic but then again they asked me when I got it. So go figure.

45. Sharon December 14, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

Hi Monica I tried the olysio /solvaldi treatment for 3 months I cleared the virus after only 2 weeks on it .I also had a headache which was horrendous and insomnia so bad that I hadnt slept for over 4 days at one point in the middle of treatment .I also had a very bad rash that lasted for 6 months after I stopped the treatment. It was so bad I took prednisone for 10 days. It got better. finally went away . Anyway I relapsed after I stopped the olysio solvaldi 30days lab showed the virus was back . Very disappointed to say the least . Saw Dr. in Novemeber and he said well now we are going to try Harvoni so It was approved for 24 weeks as I have cirrhosis and genotype 1b for 47 years.Today at 9:00 a.m. I just took the first pill I have not had any of the side effects I immediadly had with the pevious tretment I feel no effects Had a bit of burning in my throat but it went away DR. said to take my protonix and the harvoni at the same time.I hope it continues this way .I pray for you and all my fellow warriors to fight this demon virus no matter what and to keep trying too ! even if we fail ! better scheck out that rash mine was all over my stomache chest back and back of my neck . It was awfull ! God bless take care Sandra

• Kathleen Haley December 15, 2014 at 7:34 am #

Sharnon, You can not take the Protonix with the Harvoni at the same time. The Protonix will decrease the absorption of the Harvoni. Please talk with your hepatologist. Also make sure you are changing your toothbrush and razor every week while on treatment. You do not want to re-infect yourself. You also might want to take the Harvoni in the evening so you have less side effects. If you have any more questions, please contact me. Kathleen

• richard December 15, 2014 at 10:55 am #

Kathleen, I didn’t know that you weren’t suppose to take the solvaldi with the protonic. Thanks for the info. God Bless, Richard

• Connie M December 18, 2014 at 6:06 pm #

Double check with the Sovaldi/Harvoni Support helpline and your doctor if you are taking protonix or any other anti-acid type meds and all medications you are taking, due to drug interactions to consider. http://www.mysupportpath.com/
          Their nurse phone helpline is: 1-855-769-7284.

46. sharon December 16, 2014 at 12:17 am #

Hi Kathleen I did get the o.k. from ACARIA and my Dr. to take the 40 mg. protonix and the Harvoni at the same time and on an empty stomache in the morning when I wake up . If you look up google it the harvoni info of what it is and the test trials ect. and what you can and cant take it does say its ok to take .why do you say no ? They also both said I could take my baby aspirin at nite after I eat and also magnesium which I take 500 mg. as long as I take them at night So far I have taken 2 of the pills and I have had no side effects from them .A little bit less energy at the gym but thats o.k. and I slept pretty good .I think it is important to drink water alot and also I am not hungry ! But we will see tomorrow I go back to work that should be interesting .But all I know is that when I was on the oysio.solvaldi combo I had bad side effects immediately.day 1 Thanks for the tip about changing the toothebrush and razor every week will do ! God bless Sharon

• Kathleen December 16, 2014 at 7:18 am #

Hi Sharon,
      Here is the FDA’s recommendations for Harvoni with any acid reducing medication:

Table 3 Potentially Significant Drug Interactions: Alteration in Dose or Regimen May Be Recommended Based on Drug Interaction Studies or Predicted Interaction*

Concomitant Drug Class: Drug Name

Effect on Concentration†

Clinical Comment

* This table is not all inclusive. † ↓ = decrease, ↑ = increase ‡ These interactions have been studied in healthy adults.

Acid Reducing Agents:

↓ ledipasvir

Ledipasvir solubility decreases as pH increases. Drugs that increase gastric pH are expected to decrease concentration of ledipasvir.

Antacids (e.g., aluminum and magnesium hydroxide)

It is recommended to separate antacid and Harvoni administration by 4 hours.

H2-receptor antagonists‡ (e.g., famotidine)

H2-receptor antagonists may be administered simultaneously with or 12 hours apart from Harvoni at a dose that does not exceed doses comparable to famotidine 40 mg twice daily.

Proton-pump inhibitors‡ (e.g., omeprazole)

Proton-pump inhibitor doses comparable to omeprazole 20 mg or lower can be administered simultaneously with Harvoni under fasted conditions.

Hope this helps! Kathleen

• Kathleen December 16, 2014 at 7:21 am #

Hi Sharon,
      Here are the recommendations by the FDA for any medication that is taken with Harvoni that decreases the acid in the stomach.

Concomitant Drug Class: Drug Name

Effect on Concentration†

Clinical Comment

Acid Reducing Agents:

↓ ledipasvir

Antacids (e.g., aluminum and magnesium hydroxide)

It is recommended to separate antacid and Harvoni administration by 4 hours.

H2-receptor antagonists‡ (e.g., famotidine)

Proton-pump inhibitors‡ (e.g., omeprazole)

Hope this helps!!! Kathleen

• Connie M December 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm #

Hello Sharon,
      The information Kathleen gave you is correct. I would recommend you call the nurse helpline at Harvoni Support and talk with their representative about this. Their support helpline is 1-855-769-7284.
      Harvoni Support Path: https://www.harvoni.com/support
      It’s always better to double check. You’ve been through alot already and we want you to get the best results.

It is very good to hear you are doing well on Harvoni.
      Keep us posted on your progress.
      You are in my prayers each day.

• Sharon December 22, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Hi Connie, I am now on day 9 of Harvoni treatment . The side effects are minimal a bit more tired today and I notice my vision is a little more blurry . Sleep is o.k. no insomnia like I had with the olysio/sovaldi. I have had a slight headache that can be stopped with lots of water and if nessasary 1 take 1 tylenol 500 mg….This treatment is pretty easy I dont feel much different than I do normally.. Connie I did call Acaria Health The pharmacy again today to ask about the 40 MG.of Protonix again and I got another pharmacist and he said the same thing that I should take my Protonix with the Harvoni at the same time because protonix is time released and as long as it is taken in the morning before you eat anything it is o.k.. My Doctor a liver specialist and gastroenderologist said I can take the protonix too ? I read the specs as well and it says proton pump inhibitor aka protonix can be taken simultaneously with the Harvoni under fasted conditions its the bottom line of Kathleens comment .I would think that is what I should do . I did get the same answer 4 times when I asked ? What do you think ? I have GERD pretty bad . God bless Sharon

• Connie M January 1, 2015 at 11:39 pm #

Hi Sharon,
          Sounds to me like you have checked out good resources and all agree it’s safe. If your doctor who is a liver specialist and pharmacist have confirmed it is safe, I would go for it and take it like they have directed. I totally understand about needing to take something. I have a highly acid stomach and have issues myself. I feel like you can have a peace of mind with all the good resources you have checked with.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing each week. We’re here for you!
          You are in my prayers each day. Hope your having a good week.
          Let me know how you’re feeling.

I love this verse in Psalm 63: 7-8 that says,
          “Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand uphold me.”

47. Gabriel December 16, 2014 at 12:57 am #

Hi
    I’m waiting to get my SOVALDI/Olysio treathment approved by the Norwegian health government (our health insurance is included in the tax we pay). It’s expensive. In Norway, the treathment will cost around 120000euro, or around 150000 US$
    My doctor have written an application, and she is pretty sure it will be approved. Dont know where/when I got the HEP C Geno 1A. I’m not in any “danger group”. I think I got when I visited a doctor in the Carribean 2010 ( igot a shot for a centipid bite)
    I read all the wonderful stories here, and i’m really looking forward to start the treathment.
    I’m having my own business, and cant be away from work, so its nice to hear that there is no sideeffects, or is it ?

• Mike H December 17, 2014 at 9:26 am #

Hi Gabriel,
      First of all welcome to the best HepC site available today. Where you got it is not as important as how you will treat it. I too am infected with the genotype 1a HepC virus. My doctor is encouraging me to wait until the new year when my insurance provider is expected to cover Gilead’s new drug Harvoni (Sovaldi/Ledipasvir). It was specifically developed for our genotype and can in certain cases achieve SVR12 (effectively kill the virus) in as little as 8 weeks. Side effects are reported to be minimal. I know that Europe has approved Harvoni, but that might not be the case in Norway because you are not an EU country. It is worth investigating; perhaps you could ask your doctor.
      Whatever you decide, we are here to support you in any way we can. Ha det bra!
      Mike H

• Connie M December 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Hi Gabriel,
      Thank you for writing and sharing about your upcoming treatment. There are minimal side effects with Sovaldi/Olysio compared to other treatments. Each patient is alittle different with their experience but there are common side effects. Patients have commonly reported headache, fatigue and sun sensitivity as the most common side effects they dealt with. These are the side effects listed from Olysio:http://www.olysio.com/hcp/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Olysio+-+Combo&utm_term=olysio&utm_content=olysio+-+Brand|mkwid|s12Ezh50W_dc|pcrid|52123871537

The most common (> 10%) adverse reactions reported during 12 weeks treatment with OLYSIO® in combination with sofosbuvir without RBV were fatigue (25%), headache (21%), nausea (21%), insomnia (14%) and pruritus (11%). Rash and photosensitivity were reported in 11% and 7% of subjects, respectively. During 24 weeks treatment with OLYSIO® in combination with sofosbuvir, dizziness (16%), and diarrhea (16%) were also commonly reported.

Unfortunately no treatment is totally side effect free but it is greatly reduced compared to older treatments.

Hope this information helps.
      Keep us posted on your start date and how you’re doing.
      Feel free to ask questions and also join us on our online support group every Friday, Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group. You can talk with others who have done treatment and others who are going down the same journey with Hep C and post treatment.

You will be in my prayers each day.
      God Bless my friend,

48. Dee Lee December 19, 2014 at 7:10 am #

Hi fellow warriors
    Blessings to all of you. I have 3 more days of S/O tx and I am really curious as to how everyone post tx bloodwork is coming out. I had UD at 4 weeks. Mimimal side effects and hope for SVR for good. So far I have seen a relapse on S/O here and my heart goes out to you. Luckily there are even better txs ahead. If anyone has 12 week EOT results or 24 week results please post. Have a joyous Christmas. Hope healing for all…. Dee Lee

• Connie M December 20, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

Hi Dee Lee,
      Thank you for sharing about your treatment journey. A great many who have done treatment with Olysio/Sovaldi have had great results and done well. There is a low percentage of those who don’t clear with this treatment but a very high cure rate overall. So don’t worry. If you received Non-Detected at 4 weeks and continue to do so, this is a very good sign.

You might want to go back and read a few of the Hep C patient’s treatment experience under Treatment journey. There are more patient interviews on the way as well.

Praying & Cheering for you.

• Sharon December 23, 2014 at 10:36 am #

Hi Dee Lee, I am one of the relapsers of olysio /solvaldi .I am currently on Harvoni now for 24 weeks. this treatment is pretty mild not much in side effects , My son in law took the olysio /sovaldi treatment too he finished his Sept . He is still NONDETECTABLE FOR HEP C THIS WEEKS NEWS ! He just called me all happy it worked for him he is 30 years old .Got a transfusion when he was born .hemophiliac. But he is fine now he had taken 1 1/2 treatment with inteferon and ribivarin and it came back . I am SURE you will be ok and the virus is gone for you too ! the Dr. told me I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN HIS OFFICE THAT RELAPSED GO FIGURE ! Just as Connie has said never give up and keep fighting we will win and kill the beast this time is a good time for the fight these new drugs are brilliant and one is eventually going to work ! Take care and God bless Merry Christmas Sharon

• richard December 23, 2014 at 2:41 pm #

Sharon, I think the harvoni will work, especially for 24 weeks. I also had hemophilia before my transplant. I really feel for your son in law. They really destroyed the hemophilia community by using contaminated blood. God Bless, Richard

49. Dee Lee December 23, 2014 at 10:03 pm #

Thank you for sharing Sharon. Hoping that the harvoni treatment is the one that curez you. That is great about your son in law.
    Connie thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. I try to be faithful and not worry about relapse. God is great and merciful. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. I will keep you all informed on the bloodwork. Best wishes

• richard December 23, 2014 at 10:09 pm #

Dee Lee, Merry Christmas. You wont relapse. The Lord is faithful. I wish you and your family good health. Best wishes, Richard

• Sharon December 23, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

Thanks Dee Lee, Please dont worry its good you won the fight, once and for all and will move on. let us know how labs went.I will keep you in my daily prayers . Merry Christmas to you too ! Sharon

50. Sharon December 23, 2014 at 11:06 pm #

Hi Connie, Richard, Kathleen and fellow warriors .Just want to reconfirm that Harvoni and Protonix 40 mg. can be used if taken together at once after fasting like in the morning /empty stomach. I did call the support team number and they called me back today, so I do feel more at ease now cause 6 months is a long time to do it wrong ! Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.God bless. Sharon

51. Dee Lee December 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

Merry Christmas to all the warriors
    Thank you Richard, I am hopeful. Be safe and warm all of you. Definitely will be in touch. Much Love. Dee Lee

52. Bonnie January 23, 2015 at 11:46 pm #

Started my venture by having a 8,5 kb cyst removed. I was told to have liver checked so my next surgery I ask my doctor to do a biopsy. Results were Chronic End stage cirrhosis and Hepatitis C stage 5. In other words I was told to get my affairs in order and be pretty quick about it. Luckily I had a job and insurance. Insurances as stated above paid for everyhing except the treatment, I argued and fought. I had the prescription of a little hope as depression of dying without taking care of so many things and feeling the way I did trying to work was just not working. I was also scared and had no support here. My husband and kids were in denial believing im fine as I looked fine. My eyes looked red all the time , After crying, calling, writing anybody and everybody I could on the internet for help with the prescriptions for sovaldi and olysio. My doc determined I had to have treatment or just pass if I ever needed any further surgeries. He would not operate with hep c being in my body for about 30 years unnoticed would kill me 1st. My blood viral load was 1 million being geneotype 1A. I began having bad ammonia levls which caused me to halucinate, sleep apnea, etc, one thing after another was popping up and insurance would not pay for mmy treatment so everytime I fell asleep I wondered if I would wake up. I was exhausted. I didnt want to get out of bed. Depression just increased as time went by not being treated for anything, I had so many blood clots in my legs the blood could not circulate so it was trying to surface on top my skin causing the worst itchy rash you could imagine, eye sight getting worse, gaining atleast 5 lbs aweek. That is slowing down now. Long story short for cancer or anything bad in yr body read food grade 3.5 peroxide. It cures so much it cures cancer. I did it in between my treatment along with milk thistle and a good variety of vitamins. It kept my kidneys, liver went to 4.1 using it and eye sight improved dramatically in justa couple days, I didnt need glasss anymore, I could hear, hair was healthy again, rashes went away…read about it carefully, Doctors will disagree but it also flows thru yr blood cleaning any foriegn objects, It cleared my clots and fixed my legs, whoo hoo. Another goody is if your having charlie horses out a bar of soap under your sheet. They go away instantly. Id get them where I cried so bad they froze me in my tracks. When I seem to have m little system of holding on longer. I calledthe manufactures of olysio and sovaldi. They sd if insurance denied you, we will helo you. Ah haaa. I thanked God and I go next Wed. to get my results, wish me luck. No side effexts because I still have a liver issue I still get tired but man the energy you get as its killing the heo c is amazing. My suggestion…go with the flow, stay possitive and ask Gid to carry your weight when you get tired, No drinking , God bless you all and Gid is your doctor. He may use meds at times but he dont need rhem, when I went from a 5 to a 4.1 with my remedies and prayers I knew id be okay now. You wilk be too. Its scary but just keep reading, learn as much as you can. Then sray a steo ahead of yr disease, google how to do what you need ask, com or webmd. Your pharmacy has food grade peroxise, ill do it after treatment as I saw what it could do. Olz ignore misspellings im in the dark and ipad is dying and no time for spell ck or time to go bk and fix them. Remember, the manufacturer Johnson and Johnson and Gilead. God bless you all.

53. Bonnie January 23, 2015 at 11:59 pm #

I finished my 3 month treatment of the sovaldi and olysio today, I find out next Wed., my results. Youll go thru different things and it seems ppl get tired of me talking about how im fixing things thru Gods guidance but, I dont care. My goal now is to get ppl to get tested before they get too far in. Im not embarrissed, others are.., we all live lets hope we all learn and teach others what we know, its a silent killing disease if you let it be, I make noise, lol, lots of love my fellow ppl. Take care of 1 thing at a time. I have routineeverynight with my lotions, gargling as your breath changes bad, stay clean as you carry dif, smells too. You can beat this if you try.

54. Albert September 7, 2015 at 7:11 pm #

Hello,

I received my treatment of Sovaldy & Olysio this year, in the past week I do a new test(the test when I was on treatment show >15) and it show 915,000. At the beguning of the treatment I was on 3,450,000, but I feel a little disaponted thinking that the Virus was already kill with the O&S treatment.
    I will go to the doctor this week to know what happend or if I need additional treatment (I only take the treatment for 3 months), and I don’t know if It can be for a longer period that that.
    Thanks in advance for any information regarding this matter.
    Regards.

• Connie M September 9, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

Hello Albert,
      Thank you for sharing your update. I wanted to make sure I understood you correctly, do you mean you recently did a viral load test after your treatment and your viral load is currently 915,000? If this is correct, what genotype are you?
      You may be able to take one of the other new treatments that are available. I have heard others who have had this experience and went on to do another treatment and did very well.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing and test results.
      You are in our prayers my friend.

• Richard s. September 9, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

Albert, I can only tell you my experience. I was on solvaldi/olysio for 12 weeks. After I was on the combination for 4 weeks, I was still detectable. My doctors at the Mayo suggested to my doctor at USC to add ribavirin. They did not. After 8 weeks. I was still detectable also. Thids time I demanded that USC add the ribavirin. Finally at the start of the 11th week I was undectable. Praise the Lord after 13 months I am still undectable. In my opinion your doctor should have added ribavirin. In Christ, Richard.

55. Vivienne October 24, 2015 at 9:02 am #

I am getting ready to see a new liver doctor and hopefully get on harvoni as previous treatments 3 times failed……Please pray for me.

May God Bless and cure You ALL!

Vivienne

• Connie M November 10, 2015 at 12:01 pm #

Hi Vivienne,
      You are in our prayers.
      Keep us posted on how things are going. We’re here for you.

God Bless my friend,

56. Laurie March 7, 2016 at 5:53 pm #

I started my hep-c treatment March 17, 2014 and finished 90 days latter. I had very intense side effects.I found myself clenching my jaw, biting my nails. Very uptight, The drugs affected my brain in a way that it responded as if I were in danger or threatened..The side effects were constant 24/7 for 90 days. the hep c is gone which is wonderful,.but after the treatment it took 8-10 weeks for the side effects to calm down but it never has completely gone away> I always feel in varying degrees a sense of being on the edge of panic, like something bad is going to happen.I know that things are fine in my life but my brain continues to produce the chemicals that has my body responding and feeling otherwise. I also have some serious issues with memory problems. My husband ,who went through the treatment just after me also has had his memory affected. Any body out there have anything similar happen? Ive been to several doctors. Havent found anything yet that helps. I’m really getting weary of it!

• Connie M March 7, 2016 at 6:38 pm #

Hi Laurie,
      I am so sorry you and your husband have gone through this. I understand. I gone through 3 Hep C treatments over a 20 year period. Some of them had some lingering effects for awhile. Can you share which Hep C treatment you were on? And did you have an other medical conditions prior to treatment?