iStock_000018001611Small (2)

Welcome to “Hep C Warriors Friday Forum Support Group” here on Life Beyond Hepatitis C.  If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!

Just post in the comment section below and be sure to check back to see replies to your comment.   Feel free to keep the conservation going and reply back.   This is how we communicate with each other on the forum.    We care about you and your thoughts.

As always, if you would like to contact me privately, feel free. Prior to posting a link to any website, please contact me.  Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In order to see beyond Hep C, no matter where you’re at, it’s important to remember how God has worked in the past.  Your past.  Take a look.  Look for the light that He gave you. Don’t allow adversity to overshadow God’s light. Look for His fingerprints, His footprints.  He was there working for you. He’s there for you right now also.  Even if you were in a dark place, He was there.  He’s still here.

When adversity comes your way, remember who is right beside you.

I came across a flash from the past in my Hep C treatment journey from June 2012.  Yea, two years ago.  If you dare to pray, “Lord, show me your footprints,” it’s amazing what you’ll see.

I invite you to look at a snippet from my Hep C treatment back in June 2012, Hep C Treatment Journey Day 61: Adversity-Here’s the Door.

Today is day 61, week 8 of triple therapy treatment for Hepatitis C.  What do you do when progress is the name of the game and adversity tries to throw you a curve?  Keep focused and keep moving forward.

Be “unswering” (like Hebrews 10:23 talks about).  The definition of swerve is to turn abruptly aside from a straight course.  So to be “unswering” is to hold fast, keep focused, stay the course, stand firm, overcome adversity.

“Let us hold unswering to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”  Hebrews 10:23

I say this today because Adversity came knocking at my door this morning and delivered a package I did not want.  I woke up to realize I was dealing with an additional infection. So I jumped on it like a dog on a bone, called my doctor and described what was going on.  My doctor quickly responded, knew what the problem was and immediately called in some new medicine.  I am so thankful God provided the help I needed.

Adversity: infection, sores, hair thinning.  Shift: New meds (say good-bye infection!), medicine solution/ointment for the sores. For hair thinning, well it’s temporary and I started with lots of hair, besides I love hats.  New hair doo, hum, that’s something to ponder.

The One I have faith in is bigger than adversity anyway.

Lord, help me to remember today that even though adversity came calling, I don’t have to go for a ride.  I’ll squeeze alittle tighter to your faithful hand.  My faith and focus is in you.

More to read:

1. Facing the Future with Hep C.
  2. Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly.
  3. Hep C Treatment; 10 Factors Make a Difference with Side Effects.

1. Margaret Polino Nicholas June 13, 2014 at 1:10 am #

Dear Connie, we formed a team with Kim’s help, from Not without a fight and walked the Pittsburg Liver Life Walk. I highly recommend the experience. I did not have to walk fast. It was easy walking at your own pace. So happy we did it. Hepc warrior margee

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 6:37 am #

Hey Margee that is awesome!!

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 11:45 am #

Hi Margee,
      So glad you got to participate and help with the Pittsburg Liver Walk. I’ve done the Liver Walk in Houston. We’re hoping they open one up in Dallas Ft. Worth area and other places across all states. It’s a great event. Thanks for sharing about the walk.

Thinking and Praying for you dear friend~

2. J.D. Worley June 13, 2014 at 5:11 am #

Hey Maggie that is great news, thanks for supporting liver awareness.
    We don’t have any liver awareness in my area and I don’t have the energy to start any group but I admire your willingness to get invvolved in making people aware of liver diseases.

3. J.D. Worley June 13, 2014 at 5:18 am #

Hello Warriors, another Friday has dawned upon us in these Last Days before Our Lord’s Triumphant Return!!!
    I would like to ask for prayer if you think about it for my wife, Wendy.
    I had to take her to the hospital last night she was having heart problems and they decided to keep her overnight.
    I am sure she will be all right but a few extra prayers will help. Thanks.
    I am doing OK feeling a little better. Got the results from my sleep study back and I do not have sleep apnea but I am not getting any restorative sleep. So that is one reason I am so tired all the time.
    My Dr. is going to get me a mouth piece to wear at night that hopefully will help me sleep better.
    I want to say thank you all for your words of encouragement from last week.
    You all are the best, I really appreciate your support.
    Hope you all have a good weekend and stay safe.
    Oh and LOOK UP FOR OUR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH!!!
    God Bless you all
    JD

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 6:40 am #

Good morning JD.. I will b praying for your wife. I hope the mouthpiece will help u sleep. I want to say I love your videos, & your words of encouragement every week.
      Blessings
      Beth

• Skip June 13, 2014 at 8:44 am #

Hi J.D.! Sorry to hear about Wendy and know that she is in my prayers. I am prayerfully hopeful that you bring her home today and all is well. I am also praying for you, my brother! For strength and energy. For better rest and for kidney functions that will boggle your doctor’s mind!
      Please take care, know you and Wendy are in my (and a lot of others) prayers and that we love you guys!
      -Skip

• Linda June 13, 2014 at 9:13 am #

JD, I am praying for you and your wife.

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 10:40 am #

Hi JD. I will say a prayer for your wife and also for your continued progress. My wife had sleep apnea and the mask and machine worked wonders for her. Just do what your supposed to do and give the rest to Jesus. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 11:48 am #

Hi J.D.
      Thanks for sharing with us about Wendy. We will certainly be praying for her and these issues. You guys have had a lot on your plate.
      Thanks for sharing your update with your sleep study. I have heard the mouth pieces make a big difference with getting good sleep.
      Keep us posted on how things are going.

Praying for you as you continue to recover from treatment.
      Blessings fellow warrior,

• Stephanie June 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm #

JD:

You know that HE is strong enough to carry both you and Wendy. I am grateful to Him, on your behalf, that you sweren’t diagnosed with Sleep Apnea.

Extra prayers for you, my friend.

Stephanie

• Ann June 13, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

praying for you JD

4. Beth June 13, 2014 at 6:46 am #

Happy Friday!!
    Well on Saturday I will be 2 weeks off Sovaldi Interferon & Ribavirin.. I can say I am feeling 80% myself.. Just have some tiredness lingering around. I go to my Dr on Tuesday, I had labs done last week ( i dont know my results), but now he wants me to have more labs on Tuesday.. So I just have been struggling with, what if its back now that I stopped meds. I am trying to be strong and courageous.. But I hope each one of you are doing good.. I do prsy for you guys..
    Blessings
    Beth

• Skip June 13, 2014 at 8:58 am #

Hi Beth –

Congratulations on being 2 weeks post treatment – that is an accomplishment in and of itself! Being one week from completing the 48 week treatment with Victrelis, Ribavirin and Interferon I can relate to your thoughts about “what if it comes back”! I encourage you to give it to God and allow Him to give you peace. After all, He is in charge and I know my cure is in His hands.

Keep us posted on your results and know you are in my prayers!
      -Skip

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 9:40 am #

Thank you Skip, you are right my cure is in Gods hands..
        That is great your last injection, Your almost there.. I will be prayinh for you..
        Beth

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 10:47 am #

Hi Beth. Stay strong in your faith. The Lord is faithful and did not bring you this far to drop you. Fear always sets in for me when I forget who is in charge and I take my eyes off the Lord. He has promised to deliver us and the Lord is true to His word. I will pray for you. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Linda June 13, 2014 at 11:15 am #

This is a great encouragement. I am looking forward to having more energy!

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 11:54 am #

Hi Beth,
      Hooray for your 2nd week Recovery Mile Marker!!! So glad you are feeling better. It does take time. In my recovery there were weeks I made good progress then some weeks slow progress, but progress is progress, no matter what the pace. You will get there in time. My doctor warned me even in the recovery stage to be careful not to out in the heat too long, it’s such a zapper. But we can have some “fry an egg on the pavement” days here in Texas. So far we haven’t had it that hot, but no matter where you are remember, pace yourself and take those rest stops. You’re body is trying to rebuild and heal.

Praying for you as you recovery~
      Blessings friend,

5. Skip June 13, 2014 at 8:41 am #

Happy Friday Warriors! This is a very special Friday for me as tonight I will do my 48th injection! Wahoo!!! I remember when I started this journey the finish line felt so far away and now I can clearly see it! I don’t think I could have made it without the Lord, my wife and all of the very encouraging and helpful people on this site. I humbly say Thank You!!! My last injection tonight, 7 more days of pills and then pray that the Lord cured me!

Peace and Blessings to all…
    -Skip

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Hi Skip. I am overjoyed for you. The finish line is in sight. Just continue to run the race so that at the finish you will be victorious. The Lord is good always my friend. I wish you well. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 11:05 am #

Hernando,

I have really been praying for you this week and hope you were able to read my post back to you. How is treatment going and most of all how are you?

God Bless,

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

Hi Skip,
      Oh my friend, this is a special day indeed. You are at the finish line and the summit is in sight. We are all waving and cheering for you as you make those final steps to the top and pick up your Victory flag!!!
      Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!! Skip you are such a trooper. You are another warrior who is made of steel. Your bravery, courage and faith have been outstanding! I am praising God for all He has done in your long 48 week journey. I know being glad for this week to arrive doesn’t even come close to describing what you feel. I am over the moon excited for you!!!

Wish we could all show up and take you, your wife,and family on a big celebration. This is a special occasion for sure!!!

Praying and Praising God for you~
      Special Blessings my friend,

6. Linda June 13, 2014 at 9:12 am #

“I awoke last night in fear. I felt so panicked and prayed, actually I silently screamed out, “I cannot do this!” I felt the air squeeze from my lungs the fear was so oppressive. Then I remembered what your word says “I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” It dawned on me that I was in a situation that required me to put my faith where my mouth is”.

That was one of the first journal entries I made after being diagnosed. Yesterday I wrote “I take my last pills at 6 p.m. today. It doesn’t seem possible. On the days I did not feel well; it seemed the 90 days were lasting FOREVER. Now, I can hardly believe that this part of the battle is over. I feel victorious! Take that you nasty little virus!”

God has been with me every step of the way. Each time I felt defeated, the perfect scripture would come to mind. Each time things did not go smoothly, they always worked out better than what the original plan had been. When I felt lonely and isolated, I was led to this site. What special “God moments” in my life. I look at scripture with a richer understanding and my relationship with God is more personal and deeper than it has ever been. I have been richly blessed during this journey.

Beth, I am praying there is a simple explanation.

Skip, I doubt you heard it, but I shouted out in joy for you! I will be cheering you on to the finish line.

• Skip June 13, 2014 at 9:17 am #

Hi Linda – Thanks for letting me know what that noise was! I was looking all over the house! LOL… Thanks a bunch – and Yippie YaHoo for you too!!! 😉

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 9:43 am #

Yes Linda you made it!! That great!! I pray your for yout recovery ..
      Blesdings
      Beth

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Hi Linda. This journey in Is not an easy one. I had many a day when I cried out “I can’t do this.” Thank the Lord I did not have to do it. I was carried. I have drawn closer to my Lord. even in those moments when it was darkest and all I could muster was the simple prayer, “Lord help me”. My Lord heard my call and he answered. He gave me the courage to face another day. Your faith is a blessing to me. You inspire me to follow my Lord and trust in his guidance. Be well my friend. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm #

Hi Hernando,
        You are a Mighty Man of God who is made of steel and strength beyond what you realize! Thank you for sharing how the Lord is working in your journey. You are a true warrior! We love you!!

Praying for you each day~
        May you feel God’s mighty hand on you in tremendous ways!

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

Hi Linda,
      Oh my friend, my heart and prayers go out to you. I know what you’re going through. Fear is such a nasty cousin to Hep C. But fear, doubt, worry, nothing is bigger than our God! I am so glad when fear showed up, you concentrated on God’s Word and focused on Christ. It reminds me of when Peter stepped out of the boat to walk toward Jesus on the water, but when he took his eyes off Jesus, he saw the winds and the waves and began to sink. He cried out to Jesus and immediately Jesus was there to lift him up from deep waters. He does that for all of us when we cry out to Him. I’ve been in deep waters more times than I can count. He never fails to lift me up when I call.

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.” Psalm 18:16-18 NIV

I love how you described how the Lord was with you every step of the way. That is rich inspiration to all.

I am Praising Him for ALL that He is doing in your life and ALL the good things He has prepared ahead for you!

Many Blessings & Prayers,

7. PJ June 13, 2014 at 9:38 am #

Happy Friday Fellow Warriors!

Today is my birthday! Well not technically but I count everyday that I wake up as another day to celebrate life. I am on the road to being cured, I started my triple therapy treatment June 11th which is the day I found my sister gone a year ago. I lit a candle for her & me and even pulled out the inspirational cards and letter that she had sent me last year when I was told i was in stage 4. I didst plan on starting that day its just how it worked out and I do believe the message in it was God telling me I have an extra guardian angel and my sister wanted my healing so much so I just know God is gonna let her know when Im healed. So my treatment is Ribavirin, Solvadi & Olysio. This is my first treatment and I am blessed to have it approved. Even though I know I should feel blessed the fear has had its grip on me hard and depression is trying to get me in its head lock too. Its a huge lifestyle change when you begin treatments, I cant just go check the mail without going through a ritual of making sure sunlite doesn’t touch any part of me. I cant just get in my car and go. I am a person that never took pills for anything, I have a few health problems but always refused meds, so having to take pills for 12 weeks is a hard pill to swallow. lol. Anyways my first day wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, just short of having someone wrap the pills in cheese and put them in the back of my throat like ya would a dog , I was able to put them in my own mouth. Today is day 3 and so far God has taken any harsh side affects from me, I have fatigue , irritability, a little bit feeling sick , very dry mouth and my eyes are red and burn a little but hey I can take all this on like a champ. God has and will always be my source of strength, faith and that little voice that tells me “I can” when I feel like giving up. I also have a real live voice that tells me ” I can & I will” and her name is Suzanne, I dont know how she ended up in my life but she has encouraged me so much. Also this website has changed a lot within me as well, I am blessed to have found it! I will update weekly on my treatments because I know these meds are the meds of the real near future. JD I am praying for you & your wife and i am praying for everyone fighting this battle and even if i dont call you by name you are in my prayers. Prayer, support and humor are what is getting me across this mountain ! Love & healing to you all !

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 9:48 am #

Hello PJ.. You are on your way to beating this virus!!! I will be praying for your side effects, I know they can get rough…
      Blessings
      Beth

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 11:12 am #

Hi PJ. Every day that we are given the gift of life is cause for celebration. That combination of meds are amazing to me. I am also stage four and I began with a viral load of almost six million. Four weeks later I was undetectable. God is good. Be well my friend. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 12:34 pm #

Hi there PJ,
      I love what you said about every day is a day to celebrate life. I totally agree. Life is a gift and we need to focus on celebrating it everyday, no matter what our circumstances. Thank you for sharing your treatment start journey.

Here is something that helped me greatly as I prepared and started treatment; I got out my Bible and read something from Psalm 18 every day. This chapter really spoke volumes to me and how I related it to my Hep C journey. I nicknamed it the Warrior’s chapter. Psalms 25 as well as Psalm 91 are also super to help when you’re in treatment/battle. It’s so relational to Hep C warriors.

God is at work in your life in tremendous ways to draw you closer to him.
      (You) can do all things through Christ who gives (you) strength. Philippians 4:13

Praying and Cheering for you each day~
      Blessings fellow warrior,

8. PJ June 13, 2014 at 9:57 am #

Thanks Beth! I am wondering if anyone else has taken this combination that Im taking ?

9. heather June 13, 2014 at 10:18 am #

Hi guys! I want to thank all of you for the support and encouragement last week. I got with my doc and I decided to wait until October when the pills are out. My liver enzymes are in normal range and there is no inflammation. So we decided to go for the treatment with fewer side effects. The pills are out on Oct. 10.. my appointment is the 21.. so I will be among the first to get the pills. If something does not work out as planned then I will do interfuron. But I am praying the pills work out. There are small effects like headache n nausea. That’s it. It’s not to late to change my mind but I am wondering what u all think? And how are all of you feeling this week. God Bless you for all the help I appreciate it do much.. I prayed about this for days and spoke with doc and this is what we have come up with. Let me know how each of u are and what u think of my decision. God Bless you. I am praying for each of you..

• Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 10:34 am #

Heather,

That is exciting and hopefully the word interferon will disappear. Do you know the name of the medication or what pharmaceutical company is responsible; just curious.

I am happy that you found this website and that is how we deal with life issues that come up and that is through God.

Suzannd

• Skip June 13, 2014 at 10:50 am #

Hey Heather! I’ve been thinking about you and praying for you this week and it is good to hear you prayed and talked with your doctor to come to a decision. It sounds to me like you can certainly wait another 4 or 5 months – heck I waited 7 or 8 YEARS before I committed! And if the side effects are less, that is better for you and your daughter. I think it’s a great decision… and if you don’t get approved for the new drug, Interferon will still be around. If you feel good about your decision, stick with it. It was made with the help or an educated doctor and the one who knows all – the Great I AM!
      -Skip

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

Hi Heather,
      Personally, I think you made a wise decision based on your liver condition and the fact the October is right around the corner. Interferon side effects are very strong and it’s no picnic, so if you can do treatment without it, I would say do it! Praying, doing your research and talking to your doctor about it was the best thing.
      There is still side effects with all treatment but heading into the future with Hep C treatment we are going to be seeing Interferon disappear no doubt.

Praying for you as you prepare ahead.

• Ann June 13, 2014 at 5:40 pm #

I’m happy for you that you came to a decision that you have peace around.. that is so important. I will be with you every step of the way as I too am waiting for Oct my appointment is 10/24..This is our time of preparation and waiting, which is a journey in itself… none the less our Divine Healer is already working to heal us .. all of us… Peace to you Heather

• Connie M June 14, 2014 at 8:28 pm #

Hi Ann,
        Thinking and praying for you as you prepare ahead.
        October is going to be a Grand month!

10. Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 10:29 am #

Good Morning Warriors.

It’s been a good week and have lifted everyone in prayer. Skip, good news for you and know exactly how you feel. I remember not to long ago my 12 weeks ended and really flew by. I tried to concentrate on God and others which kept me thinking about what I was going through.

Linda, I am thrilled for you as well and sounds like we all used the tools Connie gave us to get through this and cannot imagine anyone getting through something of this magnitude without our Lord. I had many days when scripture popped up that I necessarily wasn’t looking for that I felt like God said, Suzanne, this one s for you! He is awesome in that way.

JD, I too will be praying for your wife and that she will be able to be discharged back to you today feeling much better.

Beth, good luck with your blood work. Please remember when you stop the medicine doesn’t mean you will be 100%. I really went overboard the 1st couple of weeks and had to slow down. I have a week and 1/2 before my blood work will be tested again so really need to take care of myself. My doctor knows me all to well and can tell if I have pushed myself. He told me if I am negative this time also I can really celebrate so need prayers for the 24th. I have been undetected since January.

It’s amazing how God works in our lives and he has opened several doors for me and one is a huge and meaningful challenge which I have found very fulfilling to say the least.

My devotional from the book “Jesus Calling” says this. ” Bring Me the Sacrifice of your time:a most precious commodity. In this action-addicted world, few of My Children take the time to sit quietly in My Presence. But those who do blessings flow like streams of living water. I, the one from who all blessing flow, and am also blessed by our time together.

God Bless,

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 11:16 am #

Suzanne thank you.. Thankyou for all your prayers and kind words everyweek..
      Beth

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 11:27 am #

Hi Suzanne, I love that reading from “Jesus Calling”. Thanks for sharing that and for your prayers and support. Your spirituality is contagious. I will keep you in my prayers. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:11 pm #

Thank you for your faithful support and your strength in fighting the good fight. You’re a Mighty Hep C Warrior and awesome woman of God! You make God smile I’m sure.

Praying for you as you continue in recovery and your special appt. on the 24th.

11. heather June 13, 2014 at 10:31 am #

One question.. I have been approved to do interfuron..do switching shouldn’t b a problem w insurance right? Cuz I’ve been approved for one? Anyone know? Any advice would be appreciated. God Bless

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:13 pm #

Hi Heather,
      No switching won’t be a problem. The prescription for treatment is based on what your doctor prescribes for you. Dropping one is fine, in fact it means the insurance has to pay less. It will all work out.

Prayers and Blessings,

12. heather June 13, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Hi skip! Thank you for the wonderful words. I think for me and my daughter this is definitely best. I’m thinking since I’ve been approved once switching should not b a problem. Beth…Gilead is the one who is making all oral combo. It’s sovaldi and ledipasiver all in one pill once a day. I have been praying for all of u as well. Those on treatment and those who have finished. Your wonderful words really helped me. And thank you for the prayers.. does anyone think switching after I’ve Bern approved for interfuron will be a problem? I don’t see how but the pills are more expensive..but the side effects are extremely minimal. That way my college don’t suffer and neither dies my daughter. Any insurance advice?

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 11:14 am #

Hi Heather.. I think you made the right choice for yourself.. I have been praying for you.. October will be before you know it..
      Blessings
      Beth

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Oh and I believe if you talk to your insurance, they will be fine with it..

• Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 11:14 am #

Hi Heather,

I was on Sovaldi/Ribavirin and Gilead has a patient assistance line and they picked up all costs my insurance didn’t cover. You can go on their website and pull up the number and if you need help reply back and I can get the information for you. Connie has links on treatment costs and connections as well. This was my experience with Gilead and they paid all 3 months of treatment. I am relieved to hear your side effects were minimal because mine were also and this combination has a very high cure rate and will find that out 1st hand at the end of the month. One more hurdle to get over with God by my side.

God Bless,

13. heather June 13, 2014 at 11:22 am #

Hi Suzanne! Thank you for the kind words. If it is not a problem could u please send me the info on Gilead so I am armed with that knowledge. I am getting rid of this. The latest will be October. I just don’t feel interfuron is a good call for my daughter and I am in a master’s degree program..it takes tons of time and being sick will not help. I currently have a 4.0 gpa and want to keep it that way if at all possible. But I would greatly appreciate info on gileads patient assistance. I am on medicaid now because I am a full time student and my dad helps with all our expenses. Thank u for the help and support. This is the best group I could have ever found…

• Stephanie June 13, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

Hang in there, Heather! The phone number for the Sovaldi Support path is 1-855-7-MYPATH. And you can get to the website easily, just by googling Sovaldi.

I’m certainly a proponent!!!

Stephanie

• Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 1:17 pm #

Heather, in response to your question it is called the Patient Access Network Foundation. You can call 1-800-808-7501 or 1-866-318-7263. They will issue you a card if approved and put on the card this not an insurance benefit. They will pledge a certain amount and will send you a card in the mail. This card is only for Hep C drugs. This card also gives pharmacists a number for the amount that they will pledge for your medications so the pharmacy can get prior approval from your doctor and order the medication and have it available when you begin.

I am only speaking through my experience but would research all possibilities with Connie’s link.

Good luck and may God Bless,

14. Stephanie June 13, 2014 at 11:39 am #

Hi, everyone!

Cheers to all who have completed treatment. I finished triple therapy with Pegasys, Ribavirin and Sovaldi on Monday, had labs on Tuesday, and my doctor called me yesterday as soon as she saw the viral load test results cross her desk–VIRUS NOT DETECTABLE!!!!!! Yay! My oldest graduated high school on Saturday, and today is my birthday–I’m so blessed to still be here to celebrate it all! The Great I AM is so good. (bestbirthdayever!!!!!)

Because I am still anemic, I will need additional monitoring beyond waiting the six months for the final viral load test. So Beth, maybe that’s what’s up for you?

Thank you, Lord, for all these great gifts, and the gift of Your people on earth who have prayed with me and carried me so far. I hope I can be light and salt to them when they need me.

So for today, this devotional seems to fit;
    Psalm 91:14-16

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

This devotion is for anyone who has ever, is now, or will in the future, go through hard times. And aren’t we? Haven’t we? Love Him, Trust Him, Call on Him.

Have a blessed day, and I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Stephanie

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Hi Stephanie,
      Yippee!!!! I am over the moon excited to hear your great news!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!! You have so much to celebrate. Wow! I know you must feel so relieved and happy beyond words.
      You are a tremendous Hep C Warrior and Conqueror!

Keep taking your rest stops when you need to. You will gain momentum each week and month. Recovery takes awhile but you are heading in the right direction. So proud and happy for you!!!!

Praying for you as you recover~

15. Hernando June 13, 2014 at 11:47 am #

Hi fellow warriors. I am glad to report that God carried me through these past couple of weeks. I had nothing to do with it. I just know that this radiation and taking my meds at the same time was the hardest thing I ever faced. I was so sick. Many times I wanted to give up and I even questioned God and asked him to just take me. I was not to have close contact with people or pets so I was confined to my den. I was to sick to answer the phone and when I did it was hard to follow a conversation. I just curled up on the couch and wondered if I could survive this. I never remember being in a darker place. Now the worst is over and I look back and know that I was carried even when I felt abandoned. My Lord never left my side. What an amazing God we serve. In a couple of days I can go out in public and I feel like a kid at the start of summer vacation. Thank you all for your support and prayers. For sharing from the heart which reminds me that I can do it to. Peace, Love and blessings, Hernando

• Stephanie June 13, 2014 at 12:20 pm #

Hernando:

You have been so strong. Good for you! May He keep you strong and remain in you.

Looking forward to your improved report next week.

Stephanie

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:29 pm #

Hernando,
      What a Mighty Man of God you are! Try to visualize you are surrounded my God’s great army of angels, protecting you in so many ways. Visualize us (your fellow warriors) there too, we are lifting you up and cheering for you.

“I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you know I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.” Isaiah 45:3 NIV

(You) can do all things through Christ (you) gives you strength.
      Philippians 4:13 NIV (emphasis mine).

Praying for you daily~
      Blessing friend,

16. Debbie June 13, 2014 at 11:49 am #

Hello Friends,
    Well, one week down and 11 to go. I don’t know what I thought would happen after taking those first 2 pills (Sovaldi/Ribavirin), but I have been basically side effect free for this first week except for a dull headache now and then. I hope and pray the next 11 weeks are the same.

PJ – I hope your wife gets better fast and will pray for a speedy
    recovery.

And for all the rest of you getting ready to cross that finish line – you are all such an inspiration.

Heather – good choice! If you can avoid the interferon the less your body and mind has to deal with. That’s great news!

Onto week 2 without any complications, I hope. I get my first labs done since beginning meds and will see the doc the week after. I will really need to lean on Him to help me through the anxiety of waiting for results. I’m really bad at that.

Have a great week friends:)

Stay well,
    Debbie

• Debbie June 13, 2014 at 11:52 am #

I’m sorry, I meant JD, not PJ.

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:36 pm #

Hi Debbie,
      Thanks for sharing your update. Congrats on moving into your Week 2 Mile Marker. It’s great that you are doing so well. I am thrilled to hear that. This new combination is so much better than the older treatment. You are in my prayers as you continue and your upcoming blood work.

Keep us posted on how things are going.
      Blessings fellow warrior,

17. Beth June 13, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

I also meant to say my hair is falling out worse now that I am off treatment.. I started taking a multivitamin.. But did this happen to anyone else?
    Beth

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

Hi Beth,
      Yes, it happened to me too. But mine was falling out during treatment and continued in recovery (for a while)then it stopped. It’s grown back, yours will too!

18. Roger June 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm #

Good Morning everyone, I am still waiting patiently for my treatment this fall. I will have another ultrasound next mo & go back in August to see my Hepatologist. I am a patient person & I know everything will work out for the good. I am praying for everyone here that the good Lord give each one of you strength & comfort in your journey. I am asking for prayers for my oldest daughter who lives in Lubbock,tx. She had thyroid cancer last year & she had surgery to remove it & had chemo & radiation done also, she got a clean bill of health that they had removed all of the cancer, well the doctors told her that they wanted to do blood work on her & maybe think her cancer has returned, your prayers are very much appreciated. I was thinking this morning on how good the Lord is to us all & how special each one of us are to him. I really enjoy reading what everyone here is going thru & what the good Lord is doing in each of our lives. I was thinking this morning that no matter what you are facing in Life, just remind yourself how special you are to God & that nothing in this world can separate you from the Love Of God. Hang in there your rainbow is just down the road. God Bless Roger

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:49 pm #

Hi there Roger,
      Thank you for letting us know about your daughter. I will certainly be praying for her. Keep us posted on how things are going.
      You are such an awesome encourager and Mighty Hep C Warrior! Thank you for your reaching out and love you pour out on others. You shine for Jesus that is for sure.

Praying for you as you prepare ahead and your upcoming appointments.
      Roger, I believe your going to have a double rainbow yourself, a rare but beautiful gift.

• Mike H. June 13, 2014 at 6:21 pm #

Prayers sent, Roger. I know that your daughter is truly blessed to have a Dad like you who loves her!
      Mike

19. Roger June 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

I wanted to say a prayer this morning, I really believe in prayer & know that Jesus is present here. I thank you Lord for your grace & mercy. Lord I know that you love each one of us in a special way & you never leave our side. Thank you Lord for forgiven us of our sins & that one day we all will be with you in eternity. Lord I pray this morning for everyone here that you know each ones needs & wants, Oh father I pray you touch each one here today with your Love & Comfort, I know Lord your timing is perfect & your will is so much better than we can imagine. I pray Lord that you continue blessing this website & Lord I am praying for those who are out there who have Hep C & are afraid & lonely, Lord you know who they are & I pray to you that you touch their life in a special way to give them courage & strength to get through with whatever their are facing. I thank you Lord that you wait patiently on us all, that whenever we stumble in Life you are there to dry our tears & take our hand & tell us how much you Love us. Thank you Lord for what you have done & for what you are going to do in each of our lives. Keep us & protect us, in Jesus name I pray Amen. God Bless, Roger

20. heather June 13, 2014 at 1:25 pm #

Thank u everyone for the phone numbers. I am wondering do I wait until new combo is approved or do Imake a move asap. All I know is in October whether it’s pills or the dreaded interfuron this thing is out a here.. God Bless..

• Connie M June 13, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

Hi Heather,
      Talk to your doctor if you need to, but October is so close. Any treatment you can do without Interferon is good. It will be less side effects to deal with. But your doctor will know what is best for your condition. Basically you are only talking about waiting 16 weeks, that’s not long, especially if your liver condition is not bad.

Talk with your doctor’s office and Gilead’s Support Path about the approval with the new meds. It will work out and be alright.

Praying for you~

21. heather June 13, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

I think for me knowing I have this is worse than the disease itself. I am scared to death of. It and the worst Part is I have no clue where it came from. I do not do drugs, no transfusions. But I do have a tattoo. That is allI can think of? I’m terrified of becoming sick with it and my girl is so small..I’m afraid she could lose her mother. Gilead says it will be released October 10. That’s all I know. My doc said same thing. Hope they are right cuz if not I think fear is over taking me n I may be forced to do interfuron. The thought of becoming terminal n leaving my daughter is overwhelming to me n I’m scared to death.

• Roger June 13, 2014 at 2:24 pm #

Heather you will be just fine, I have had hep c for over 25yrs, my viral count is 8 million, I understand fully your fears of the not knowing, gosh I have had the same thoughts, there have been times all I could think of was getting rid of this virus, as time has gone by the good Lord has given me peace & comfort, it’s normal to feel afraid & but know that you are very special to God. If he will lead you to your problem he will be with you when you go thru it. Gosh I have had soo many negative thoughts like will I be approved for my meds, what will the treatment be like, & the list goes on. Read your bible & take refuge in Jesus, your Angels are with you & so is Jesus. Sounds like you will be having the new treatments coming this fall like me. You are going to be just fine, one day you will look back on this & smile & think we’ll that wasn’t so bad after all. The Good Lord is working every detail out for you. Praying for you. God Bless Roger

• Hernando June 13, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

Hi Heather. I can understand your fear of what you are facing. It is not easy to come to terms with. What has helped me has been to stay in the process and to do what I can right now. Tomorrow I put in God’s hands. Somehow things move along and many times not the way we imagined it would go. I was not able to take interferon because of a past bad reaction so I waited for the newer meds. I am on triple therapy of Sovaldi, Olysio and until last week Ribavirin. I went to undetectable in one month. Truly a miracle. I still have to finish the treatment but that is fine with me. I know that God will see me through the hard times as well as the good times. Turn that fear into faith. God is good always. Praying for you. Peace, love and blessings, Hernando

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 2:51 pm #

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.. COLLEEN TOLD ME THIS THE OTHER DAY I Wanted to pass it ON TO YOU!!

Heather I know where your coming from. I felt the same way when i found out, I was scared ashamed everything. Now I can say I put it in Gods hands, & look where I am today as of now I am nondetected!!.. I did 12 weeks of sovaldi ribavirin interferon.. I thought I wouldnt be around for my 3 kids also.(ages 14, 11, & 4).. & 7 years of having it I am still here.. I think you will do great when u start treatment, no matter which one you do..
      I will be praying for you.. your strong
      Beth

• Mike H. June 13, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

Heather, the fear is normal. The only thing I have found that fights fear is surrendering that fear to God. Prayer really works! When I was first diagnosed I was incredibly worried that my kids and wife were infected as well; after all, I have apparently been infected for 40 years! The Lord answered my prayers: neither my kids or wife are infected!
      This infection has been with me for a long time but my doctor says I can easily wait until the new meds are here. All this is to reassure you; it sounds like your doctor is pretty confident that your prognosis is good with the new meds coming in the fall. So your viral count is low, your liver is in good shape, and new meds are here in a few months. On top of that the Lord Jesus is in your corner. I’m thinking that virus is the one in trouble, not you!
      Praying for you,
      Mike H

• Connie M June 14, 2014 at 8:31 pm #

Mike,
        LOVE your great comment to Heather, it is so true. The virus IS the one in trouble. It’s going to be toast!

22. PJ June 13, 2014 at 3:22 pm #

I just read everyones post and I had to pop back on to say a few things. One is this website is such a blessing, it makes me feel not so alone when I read that others are feeling the same things like being afraid , anxieties and the unknown fear that comes waiting for side affects that praise the Lord has kept most of mine away . I have now realized that fear may feel real but its like letting invisible chains hold you down. I also know that I am not alone feeling down about having a lifestyle change while on treatments and that book Suzanne mentioned “Jesus Calling” is my number two book to read with the Bible being in first place. I picked it up at a book store a year ago and opened it up and there it was…God talking to me through a book.I have almost started treatments before and for some reason or another I couldn’t, I always prayed about it and now God has put the perfect treatment in my path. There are lots of new treatments coming out so don’t give up. I think with all the new choices that are out & coming out that interfurion may end up a word of the past. Just want everyone to know that I am praying for your healing, faith , courage to endure this and that you know you are loved and to never ever give up. I am holding your loved ones up in prayer also.

Thanks to Connie foe this place of healing where we are all understood~~

• Mike H. June 13, 2014 at 6:17 pm #

Hi PJ,
      Thanks for mentioning the book Jesus Calling. I’ve been meaning to pick it up. I look at the same way you do- God has put this new treatment in my path. It is coming soon! Moreover, God is helping me learn patience. Trusting Him is such a blessing…the only real way to lose stress.
      Hang in there my friend! I will be watching you and cheering for you all the way!
      Mike H

• Connie M June 14, 2014 at 8:26 pm #

Hi PJ,
      Hang in there. You will get through this. Continue to seek the Lord every step of the way, you will find more strength and courage than ever before.
      “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Praying for you daily.
      So glad you found the site and here with us.

23. Rileyann June 13, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Hi all —
    Great news all around it seems. All I can say is I’m grateful
    to God that my labs from 6/10/14, Tuesday, I just read, were
    NOT DETECTED!!! I know from experience, just before and just after something good happening, I get attacked with discouragement. God is good and wants me well. Jeremiah 30:17 rings out, “I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds”. Blessings to all, I’m sorry I can’t reply to each one right now.
    Rileyann

• Beth June 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm #

RileyAnn, That is fantastic news!!! So thrilled to hear that..!!
      Blessings to You
      Beth

• RileyAnn June 13, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

Thanks Beth!

I’m so happy as well to read of your two week mile marker post-treatment….keep the faith….be strong in the Lord always remembering His faithfulness, compassion and love toward us.

I hope you have a great weekend,

Rileyann

• Suzanne June 13, 2014 at 5:37 pm #

Rileyann,

A big amen to that! God hasn’t finished with you yet so keep up your spirits up and our Lord will take care of all of us if we ask. It is God’s will not ours and have to remind myself of that every day.

God Bless,

• RileyAnn June 13, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

Thank you for your encouragement and reminders! Also,thanks for the focus on God’s care and asking in prayer. I pray you continue in excellent health and enjoy the new things God
        has prepared for you!! I hope you garden is doing well. My tomatoes are growing!! We are all so blessed to share insights, hurdles and victories with one another. Thank you, Jesus!

Peace,
        Rileyan

• Mike H. June 13, 2014 at 6:18 pm #

Great news Rileyann! Our God is indeed an awesome God!
      Mike H

• RileyAnn June 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

Hey Mike,

Thanks, Mike. He really is awesome, wonderful and has all power. ‘Looking forward to reading of your progress.

Peace,
        Rileyann

24. heather June 13, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Thank you all for the comforting words. I pray daily and I include each and every one of you in my prayers. You are all such a blessing.. I cannot give enough thanks to each and every one of you. I am trying to feel comfort knowing new meds are coming.. Thank u all from the bottom of my heart. God Bless each of you.. God is at your side and He will make sure we all survive this.. hard as it may be..and Connie.. Thank u for taking the time to help me: a scared, panicked mess. God Bless. Have a blessed week everyone.. talk to u all next week.

25. Cindy April 6, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

I am submitting request for approval for hep c treatment to Kaiser but doctor’ office said I might be defined because of low level liver irritation anybody with any feedback?

• Connie M April 6, 2016 at 1:13 pm #

Hi Cindy,
      I am coping your message to this week’s current support group page, so it will be in two places. But as far as what your doctor’s are saying, yes, this is a possibility of being denied approval, especially on the first application for treatment. But many patients & their doctors are appealing and winning approval. If this happens, you will need to be diligent about talking to your doctor about appealing with the insurance company.

Unfortunately this is a battle Hep C patients have to deal with sometimes. But denial does not mean you will not receive treatment, it just means you have to push harder and keep pushing. Within time you will get treatment.
      Try not to worry. But be ready with appeal plans if you need to. If your doctor is not willing to appeal, I would find another physician if you need to.

We will be praying for you about the approval.
      Keep us posted on how things are going.