Hepatitis C Treatment Journey Week 1: Day 1 April 9, 2012

The Beginning sign with a sunset background

This is an exciting day.  The Launch of Life Beyond Hepatitis C.com website and the day I begin the triple therapy treatment for Chronic Active Hepatitis C.   Today I begin to document my new treatment journey through writing and video blogs once a week.

April 2012 Ranch & Keller 328

God has been preparing me for this for quite some time.  Several months ago he spoke to my heart and gave me an analogy this treatment would be like climbing a mountain on a mission to kill a giant.  My giant’s name is not Goliath.  It is Hepatitis C.  The ascent will be challenging but more than possible to reach the summit because through Christ I am a conqueror.

I am not an experienced mountain climber but I do have giant killing experience.  On my own I am nothing, but with Christ He equips me to do what I cannot do on my own.

He equips me five ways:

1. By the Power of His Spirit; My personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
  2. His Word.
  3. Power of Prayer
  4. He has provided medicine for the treatment.
  5. His guiding me to Take Care of my Body.

God also uses the tremendous prayer support from mighty prayer warriors, family and friends.  The power of love, encouragement and support are so healing.  He has also placed around me outstanding doctors, nurses and medical facilities to take care of me through this journey.

This morning as I began the climb I drove a mile marker in the ground.  Hepatitis C days are numbered!  The Trojan horse was delivered at 8:00am .  With the protease inhibitor, Incivek it is vital to consume a minimum of 20 grams or more of fat when taking the medicine.

The doctor explained to me the Incivek piggy backs on the Fat in order to be absorbed into your system so it can target the Hepatitis C virus cells and kill them.  So in a matter of speaking, we are on a search and destroy mission.  If you do not consume enough fat then the medicine does not work and you experience more side effects.  So for 12 weeks of using the Incivek, it’s worth doing what it takes to give this the best chance possible.

This morning I started eating 2 tablespoons of peanut butter 30 minutes prior to taking the Incivek.  When I took the meds I ate another tablespoon of peanut butter.  Then had some extra breakfast to make sure I had enough food on my stomach to take the Ribavirin.   That was 5 hours ago, (time of writing this is 1:00pm), I feel fine, doing really well so far.   I’ve been drinking lots of water.

I started a Thankfulness journal this morning.  Each day I am going to write at least 10 things to be thankful for while I am doing this treatment.  It is important to keep focused on the blessings and what is positive.

What have you learned from a journey experience that helped you?

6 Responses to Hepatitis C Treatment Journey Week 1: Day 1 April 9, 2012

1. Patricia Welch April 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

What a beautiful website God is so good!

• Connie M April 9, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

Thank you! I agree, God is so good. So glad your here:)

• Muhammad Tahir Mahmood November 16, 2015 at 8:15 am #

Hi dear,
      Unfortunately I can’t began hepatitis/C, treatment case no support anybody.I want treatment hepatitis/C,.If anybody support group help to me about medicine please you can contact my e mail.
      Regards,
      Muhammad.

• Connie M November 16, 2015 at 4:37 pm #

Hello Muhammed,
        I am sorry you are dealing with Hep C. Here is a link to help you find what tests and treatment is available in your area:
        World Hepatitis Alliance: http://www.worldhepatitisalliance.org/
        You can also contact: Hepatitis Foundation International: http://www.hepatitisfoundation.org/

You are welcome to join in our support group, but we are not a financial organization and cannot promote sending any funds but I believe these two contact links above will be able to direct you to some help.

2. Kim Koehler July 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

I have learned that my fear was worse than the side effects.( Isa 41:10 helps too) I have learned that through a staying in the moment approach, I’m living in the light & God constantly has my back. Even on days when my body needs to rest or purge itself of some part of the dis-ease I have been given the strngth and grace to be grateful and accepting of the process with a smile on my face. I actually say, ” Thank you, God,” when I experience a side effect because I know it is God, the medicine and my body’s response to this great healing taking place. You are on my gratitude list today, Connie. It’s so comforting to know there is another strong, loving, kind and true woman who can turn it over to our ONE very strong God and find gratitude also. I will keep you in my heart and prayers. I’m at week 4 today and ever so happy to have been directed to you after a prayer looking for strength in an online community that actually shares it’s stregth and gratitude. Expect an Miracle! blessings and peace, gr8ful_111, Kim

• Connie M July 6, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

Kim,
      Wow, Thank you so much for your awesome message. I can tell you have a sweet gift of encouragement. So glad you shared about your treatment journey experience and what week you are in. I will be praying for you daily. I am so glad you shared, when you experience a side effect you can Thank God because you know He is working through the treatment. That is a truth nugget we all need to remember.
      Your message is such a blessing! Remember you are a Giant Killer and can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. Blessings~