Daily Life

Celebration for Completing Hep C Treatment

14 Comments 17 July 2013

iStock_000015708827Small (1)

Are you completing treatment for Hep C?  or Have you completed treatment?  If so, give a shout out.  We want to celebrate with you.  We would love to post a Celebration Board for all those who have done treatment.

Please list the dates of your treatment, which treatment meds you were on and your completion date or estimated completion date, and if you care to share, please let us know your treatment results.

If you have a photo that you would like to send, give me a shout and let me know.  You can send your photo to me through email.   We would love to post a photo of you or your celebration day and what treatment meds you were on and the date you completed treatment.

If you are close to completing treatment, send me your information and photo.  We are cheering for each and every Hep C Warrior!

We are all in this together!

YouTube Preview Image

Where are you in your journey?

More to read:

1. Hepatitis C Treatment Journey: Facing the Giants Wholeheartedly.
  2. Hep C Treatment: Not in Battle Alone.
  3. Perseverance Through Hep C Treatment by Guest Writer, Colleen Davis.
  4. Hep C Warrior Friday Forum Support Group.

14 Comments so far

1. J.D. Worley says:

I am fast approaching month 6 since starting my Triple Therapy treatment. I can hardly believe it has been almost 6 months. I am on Disability and can’t work but still the days just seem to pass by like a flooded river. I am overflowing, myself, with joy and gratefulness that the Lord is healing me through this treatment.
    My blood work is all stable and in the normal ranges on practically all tests. Hemoglobin is still a little low and so is White Blood cell but they say that is normal and not low enough to be concerned about. But it still causes fatigue and shortness of breath.
    But that doesn’t bother me too much I just try to take it slow and easy.
    I pray all you are doing as well as you can. I know some of you, Lisa, and others are having a hard time I pray for your healing and comfort.
    I pray for Connie and her family and this ministry which is helping so many people.
    I think Hep C has become a stigma for the Medcial profession too and the CDC because they all kept it a secret for decades until they realized what an epidemic it has become. They were not taking precautions and they help spread it among the populations so they don’t like to admit that.
    My PCP Dr. told me 20 years ago when I was first diagnosed that I shouldn’t worry about it. He said I would probably live a long life and die of something else.
    He was wrong I lost my liver to HepC and cirrhossis in 2010. So technically I would have died then had it not been for my Savior who provided me with a new liver. God bless the donor family.
    God bless all those who volunteer their loved ones organs and all organ donors.
    That is the greatest gift a person can give is life to another person.
    I thank God for the Medical technology that is advancing and discovering more ways to fight disease.
    OK enough rambling I am just so Grateful today for everything. Life is Good but God is GREAT!

• Connie M says:

J.D.
      Thanks for sharing today. We are celebrating with you as you continue the treatment journey. To be 6 months down the road is awesome! A great accomplishment for sure.

For our readers to know, you were on triple therapy with Incivek, Peg Interferon and Ribavirin, and now you are through with the Incivek part and finishing up treatment with the last two meds.

I know in your case with having a transplant, when do the doctors estimate your treatment to be finished?

• J.D. Worley says:

Hello Connie and all Warriors, Kim thank you for your comment I love knowing that I can be of encouragement to others. I am glad to know the Lord has blessed your life with His light and love. He is truly AWESOME beyond what we can think or imagine.
      Connie, I am on triple therapy with Incivek. I began on Feb. 12, 1013 and estimated finish will be Jan. 14, 2014. Due to me being a post transplant patient they said I need to do the 48 week therapy treatment to be sure the virus will not return.
      Which is fine with me I want this virus DEAD and GONE.
      I had finished my Incivek on May 12, which was 9 days before my 62nd birthday. I am now a 3 yr. post transplant survivor but although I am thankful for my medical team and staff that takes care of me I must give the Lord all the Glory.
      My verse for today was (Psalms 50:14-15) “Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: {15} And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
      That is exactly what I have done and HE has delivered me and IS delivering me so I shall Glorify His Name!

2. Kimberly Koehler says:

JD, you are a miracle and I am so grateful for your words today.
    You are in my heart, soul, prayer and beyond. I have been so
    blessed with te experience of healing in God’s light that I could
    ne’er return to that past life. God’s love and light are the only healer
    I truly understand now. [It] allows me to continue to heal and love in a way
    that Christ taught me through all of the kind souls I’ve had the
    pleasure to meet. The rest of the details ( am I ” sick?” Why? How do I get
    out of here?) were details that no longer seem relevant. Christ, love and light bled into my soul. They bled through the spot we opened with Spirit. I’ve found in each of you who beam God’s love upon a sacred space free from
    fear and dis-ease. God Bless you Warriors! I love you

• Connie M says:

Kim,
      We are thrilled you have completed treatment and celebrating with you.

For our readers to know, I know you were on triple therapy with Incivek, Peg Interferon and Ribavirin. How long did your treatment last and what was your finish date?

• Kimberly Koehler says:

Connie, yes, I was on Incivek ( protease inhibitor),
        Ribaviron and Peg- Interferon. I began my triple therapy
        on June 13, 2012 and completed on December 13, 2012.
        I recently had my 6 month bloodwork profile return
        free and clear of all signs of HCV.
        The medication part of the journey is over but the
        healing has just begun!

3. Kimberly Koehler says:

Connie, Later today I will be sending some photos of me now. The light of health
    has returned and that is relevant!

4. Connie M says:

Hep C Warriors,
    I am celebrating 9 months post Hep C Triple Therapy treatment.
    I began triple therapy on April 9, 2012 using Incivek, Peg Interferon and Ribavirin. I completed the Incivek portion in my 8th week due to some complications but continued with Peg Interferon & Ribavirin. Treatment was completed September 23, 2012 (6 Months total).

I received my first Non-Detected Virus load count in my first 4 weeks of treatment and have continue to be virus free the entire time of treatment and into recovery. Yesterday (July 16th) I did my 9 Month Post Treatment blood work that includes testing for the virus load. I see my liver specialist July 26th for the results.

I know whatever the results, God is in control. Hep C LIVED with me, I did not live with it.

I am cheering and celebrating for all Hep C Warriors out there!

5. lemon grass says:

I finished my 48 weeks last june 19 ;)
    Now just waiting for my viral load test..
    Cross my fingers I hope that its negative..
    I was interferon last 97 didn’t work.
    Transplant 2005 then 6 months after my transplant reoccurance
    Of hep c. Then I was on peg but minimal dosage due to my anti
    Rejection pills.. 2010 my liver fail due to hep c.. got second transplant and
    I statt the triple treatment. Peg rib and vectrilis.. went to a rought
    Time and had blood transfusion about 11 times..
    After 24 weeks I was hep c negative.. now after 48 weeks I hope it will stay
    Negative.. so if your mind is strong.. you can beat hep c..

• Connie M says:

Lemon Grass,
      Wow, you have really been through it. Thank you so much for sharing.
      We are celebrating and cheering for you! You are a very brave and courageous Hep C Warrior. Praise God you have come through this.

It is very inspiring to hear others who have been through so much and now living beyond hepatitis c.

Please keep us posted on your blood work results.
      We will be remembering you in prayer.
      God Bless you!

6. lemon grass says:

I’ve been following your blog and you insipred me to share.
    I kept this for so long coz I just want to be normal.
    My kids gave me strenght and even tho in difficult times my wife left so
    I even forget more thaf I was sick..
    To all warriors out there god bless you all.

7. lemon grass says:

I got a call from my nurse that my liver enzymes went up..
    So I have to go for a biopsy to see if there’s no rejection.
    I hope this is just a bounce back of my immune system from lowering my
    Anti rejection pills. They increase my pills hoping it goes back to normal..

• Connie M says:

Lemon Grass,
      I am so glad you let us know. Along with being Hep C Warriors we have a great group who are Mighty Prayer Warriors. We are on it my friend.
      Praying for you and this situation.

Let us know when you find out the date of your biopsy and blood work.

Thoughts & Prayers to you~

Connect with Connie

Connie Welch's RSS Feed   Friend Connie Welch on Facebook   Follow Connie Welch on Twitter   Email Connie Welch

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Prayer Requests

praying hands

Feel free to send me your prayer requests privately or to comment on my blog posts so we can all join you in prayer.

Send a prayer request privately »

Scripture of the week

"With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." Psalm 18:29 NIV

About Connie

Connie Welch headshot

Passionate Encourager for Christ, Writer, Speaker, and Hep C Warrior. "Hepatitis C lives with me. I don't live with it." Connie shares how God empowers us to live beyond our circumstances and walk in faith and victory daily .

Read Connie's bio

Christian Music

YouTube Preview Image

Be nourished and uplifted daily by God's message of hope and inspiration through music.

Topical Scriptures

American Liver Foundation

Hep C Warrior Support Group

Hep C Warrior Support Group All Hands_edited-1

If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!
Friday Forum Support is here for YOU to engage with other Hep C Patients and family. Share info, ask questions, receive encouragement, support and voice your prayer requests.

The information on this website is for reference only. Talk to your physician for medical advice tailored for
your physical and mental condition. Do not stop or alter treatment in any way unless your physician advises.

Life Beyond Hepatitis C © 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved.    Site by Author Media