Daily Life, Videos

Hep C Post Treatment Recovery: Home on the Range

9 Comments 26 March 2013

The girls!

The girls!

Hep C Post Treatment Recovery continues at the ranch.  More on what treatment recovery is like at 5 months for a city girl with a country heart.   This week is full of taking care of the sheep, and sharing an encouraging devotional based on Ephesians 3:20 for Hep C Warriors.

Ranch March 2013 029

Wooly nest

New lambs

New lambs

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Stayed tuned for more Ranch episodes with Hidden Valley TV.   Join me on new adventures this week.

Do you have a special prayer request this week?  How can I pray for you?  Post your prayer request in the comment section below if you’d like for other Hep C Warrior’s to join in prayer for you this week.  Otherwise, feel free to contact me privately with your request.

More to read:

1. Hep C Post Treatment Recovery:  Connie’s 5 Month Video Update.
  2. Strength.
  3. Provision:  God Provides.
  4. Hep C Treatment Battle:  A Warrior’s Target.
Website Policy: No reference links, or contact information are to be posted without prior approval from website administration.

9 Comments so far

1. Alli Byers says:

Connie- that last video was quite entertaining! You have a lot more patience than me- that’s for sure! They sure are cute :) Did you ever catch the other baby? Thanks for sharing the videos!

• Connie M says:

Alli,
      Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the video’s. Most of what I do around here turns out to be comical. But I’m always learning and loving it in spite of everything.
      Yes, I did get the other little one caught and the tail is docked. Went today to Feed Store and got new feed for all the critters around here, especially the sheep.

More Ranch TV episodes to come.

Blessings~

2. Paul says:

Hi Connie. Thanks for the inspirational scripture. We have horses but have never had sheep. It was interesting to learn about sheep. The little ones were very cute. It is encouraging to see that your energy is back. Looking forward to reaching post treatment and having more energy too. Congratulations on your successful treatment.

• Connie M says:

Paul,
      Thanks for your comments. I just wanted to show a bit of what recovery is like right now compared to where I was. I wasn’t born in the country but I love it so much I feel like I was born for this.

How are you feeling this week? Hope you are doing well. Praying you are feeling better.

Blessings~

3. Charlie says:

Awww! I loved seeing this video and the little lambs. Love’em and you too.

• Connie M says:

Hi Charlie,
      Thank you. Oh my, I look back on these and laugh. This is NOT the normal area and way we dock tails. What was I thinking to show this comical way of chasing sheep?! Since I was just 5 months post treatment, it served a good purpose of exercise.

Thanks for your sweet comments.

4. Sue says:

I started taking Harvoni on 11/20/2014 and have 5 days left on the 12 week treatment. I already had fatigue and insomnia bad and would get about 4 hours sleep nightly. On the 1st day, within 45 minute, I had a bad headache and was nauseated. The Dr said it would make the insomnia and fatigue worse as well. So as of day 4 of Harvoni, I’ve had headache, nausea, insomnia and fatigue and it has gotten worse each day. I take insulin, so have to eat even if it don’t stay down. On 11/7/14, My blood work was 5.34 million and on 12/30/14, the virus was undetectable!! YAY

• richard says:

Sue, the Lord is with you. Keep the faith. In Christ, Richard

• Connie M says:

Hi Sue,
      Thank you for sharing your treatment experience. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these side effects. I believe I may have written you about this info. prior to now but, have you talked with your doctor about your side effects? There are some prescriptions to help with headaches and for the nausea. Zoforan is a prescription for Nausea that works great. It’s a tiny pill that dissolves on the tongue in seconds and takes the nausea away. It helped me greatly when I was in treatment.

Also Procrit or Neupogen Injections help if necessary, for low red blood count. B-12 Injections or tablet can help some with low energy. There are also safe sleep aids/over the counter that can help.

Be sure to talk to your doctor about these. Don’t suffer if there is something to help you relieve these.
      I am so thrilled to hear the virus is Non-Detected!!! Congratulations!!!!
      What a great response from over 5 million to 0!!!

Praise God!!! Virtual High Five to you my friend. Way to Go!
      Keep us posted on how you’re doing.
      I am praying for you daily.

Connect with Connie

Connie Welch's RSS Feed   Friend Connie Welch on Facebook   Follow Connie Welch on Twitter   Email Connie Welch

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Prayer Requests

praying hands

Feel free to send me your prayer requests privately or to comment on my blog posts so we can all join you in prayer.

Send a prayer request privately »

Scripture of the week

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:7-8

About Connie

Connie Welch headshot

Passionate Encourager for Christ, Writer, Speaker, and Hep C Warrior. "Hepatitis C lives with me. I don't live with it." Connie shares how God empowers us to live beyond our circumstances and walk in faith and victory daily .

Read Connie's bio

Christian Music

YouTube Preview Image

Be nourished and uplifted daily by God's message of hope and inspiration through music.

American Liver Foundation

Hep C Warrior Support Group

Hep C Warrior Support Group All Hands_edited-1

If you or a loved one are battling Hep C, YOU are a Hep C Warrior!
Friday Forum Support is here for YOU to engage with other Hep C Patients and family. Share info, ask questions, receive encouragement, support and voice your prayer requests.

Hep C Videos

The information on this website is for reference only. Talk to your physician for medical advice tailored for
your physical and mental condition. Do not stop or alter treatment in any way unless your physician advises.

Life Beyond Hepatitis C © 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved.    Site by Author Media